WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

hey rue I heard someone talk about evolution and while I don't totally agree with it ( not the point right now) I heard them saying common misconceptions about it so I walked up to the person and explained to them that evolution isn't about coming from plants or from fishes but from a common ancestor.
im not sure why but I kinda felt annoyed that people talk that they know something but in reality they don't. im a fan of common understanding :p

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

No the idea of a Microsoft movie and using Keanu Reeves in it. That's funny.
Or to be really ironic they could cast Justin Long to play Joe (dude who was Mac in Mac vs PC). Either way I'd imagine a Microsoft movie to be a comedy at this point. The plot would be everyone at Redmond secretly uses iOS or Android and that's why iOS and Android get better app support even from Microsoft apps.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Or to be really ironic they could cast Justin Long to play Joe (dude who was Mac in Mac vs PC). Either way I'd imagine a Microsoft movie to be a comedy at this point. The plot would be everyone at Redmond secretly uses iOS or Android and that's why iOS and Android get better app support even from Microsoft apps.

I wonder what the plot would be ;P ...... would Michel bay be directing it with lots of explosions ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

hey rue I heard someone talk about evolution and while I don't totally agree with it ( not the point right now) I heard them saying common misconceptions about it so I walked up to the person and explained to them that evolution isn't about coming from plants or from fishes but from a common ancestor.
im not sure why but I kinda felt annoyed that people talk that they know something but in reality they don't. im a fan of common understanding :p

You'll have to tell me what you don't agree with it and maybe I can help.

As for their statement, it not incorrect. All living things have common ancestors that meet up at different points along a continuum of time. Our most distant ancestor is about 4 billion years ago our most recent is about 6 million with other apes. We are but one twig on a giant tree of life.

Thing is, it's best not to think of evolution as a straight line or a consistent path. It also has no guarantees. We are, to put mildly, lucky to be here.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You'll have to tell me what you don't agree with it and maybe I can help.

As for their statement, it not incorrect. All living things have common ancestors that meet up at different points along a continuum of time. Our most distant ancestor is about 4 billion years ago our most recent is about 6 million with other apes. We are but one twig on a giant tree of life.

Thing is, it's best not to think of evolution as a straight line or a consistent path. It also has no guarantees. We are, to put mildly, lucky to be here.

:p cant get into right now because its sunday XD anyways
it was more the way she said it made my eye brow raise made me think " that's not what the book says"
im trying to be more open minded to get a understating of what evolution is instead of going by what others say so I don't become of those people who think they know what it is :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRrMu7B1L2I

This would be the Xbox Music division reviewing their performance ratings for their app. LOL

0x9Twfu.gif
LOL

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

:p cant get into right now because its sunday XD anyways
it was more the way she said it made my eye brow raise made me think " that's not what the book says"
im trying to be more open minded to get a understating of what evolution is instead of going by what others say so I don't become of those people who think they know what it is :p
I went to bed wondering what Sunday had to do with anything. :p

As for your friend I thought about it some more and I think she may have read a book by Richard Dawkins called Ancestors Tale. It's a book that goes in reverse order starting from now and meeting up with different ancestors in the past at different times. The idea is to remove our thoughts on progression when we think of evolution. The last chapter talks about the idea of playing the whole scenario from the beginning again and the likelihood of us being part of the result is unlikely. This is a concept that all evolutionary biologist agree with. So it's not just Dawkins.

Your ideas about evolution so far, from what I can tell, are not wrong either but you didn't say which book you're reading. Neither of the two books I gave you are a complete guide and even together don't explain everything. They were just to provide evidence for evolution and a way of understanding the general concepts of it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I went to bed wondering what Sunday had to do with anything. :p

As for your friend I thought about it some more and I think she may have read a book by Richard Dawkins called Ancestors Tale. It's a book that goes in reverse order starting from now and meeting up with different ancestors in the past at different times. The idea is to remove our thoughts on progression when we think of evolution. The last chapter talks about the idea of playing the whole scenario from the beginning again and the likelihood of us being part of the result is unlikely. This is a concept that all evolutionary biologist agree with. So it's not just Dawkins.

Your ideas about evolution so far, from what I can tell, are not wrong either but you didn't say which book you're reading. Neither of the two books I gave you are a complete guide and even together don't explain everything. They were just to provide evidence for evolution and a way of understanding the general concepts of it.
as in I didn't want to do work or go into detail because im lazy Sunday afternoon :p
not my friend though :p anyways yes I started to read again the dawkins Richard one since the year is winding down; oh thanks for ruining the ending ! ;P

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

as in I didn't want to do work or go into detail because im lazy Sunday afternoon :p
not my friend though :p anyways yes I started to read again the dawkins Richard one since the year is winding down; oh thanks for ruining the ending ! ;P
The book I gave you is not that one silly. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo