WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Maybe that falls under of being a controversy topic ? Idk I'm just throwing stuff out there

It's only controversial if the person I was discussing it with, you, found it insulting. I didn't say anything that could be taken by anyone as being insulting or anything that isn't widely known fact. So that's why I'm confused.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. It is a grey and rainy day in NYC - feels like I'm experiencing typical UK weather.

So I have been using my unicorn 1520.3 for the last few days as a daily driver and I have some thoughts to share.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. It is a grey and rainy day in NYC - feels like I'm experiencing typical UK weather.

So I have been using my unicorn 1520.3 for the last few days as a daily driver and I have some thoughts to share.

Details ! :p I'll have to read your thoughts

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Strangely enough, that's what the weather is like here... :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Details ! :p I'll have to read your thoughts

I'll keep it short this go round as much as i can.

I like the 1520. I'm used to the screen size since I owned a Z Ultra for 9 months, so that doesn't bother me. Split screen function on this phone would make it incredibly more useful. In the GF's house, speeds were 60MBs down, 20MBs up...not bad; at home I do ok, but I live in a dead zone for t-mo so that's no issue.

The camera is so-so, which is surprising. But I don't mind that either for right now, as I haven't started really messing with it yet. My phone came with Denim on it preinstalled...I won't use the folders option (Sahib knows how I feel here on that) but it looks ok. Battery life is OK - get the same amount as I do on my OPO. I went into the dev preview and the SD card started to act up with Xbox Music - which is still useless - so I'm going to op out of getting dev preview and wait for official updates instead. Tethering works like a charm out of the box. Screen is a bit bright for my taste, even on low setting...gonna drop a matter screen protector on it. Glance is actually convenient on this as dull as it is, it makes reading it not as harsh on the eyes - especially in the dark.

Will I keep it? Probably, since it one of the last Nokias. I still need another device to carry around though...which bothers me. I have massive amounts of storage for content, which is cool...but I still need to carry around another device. I don't mind as much because much of my day is spent either at work, school or internship...but it still irks me. When I have my OPO, I don't feel that way as much. The audio is years better on the OPO, along with that 5.5" is a new sweet spot for me. I would have traded this for a 5.5" model with newer chipset and the same sized battery.

Overall, a good device. I'd pair a MSFT band with it for sure...but I'd rather a cross platform smartwatch...and it sucks to use a Pebble on WP to some degree.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's only controversial if the person I was discussing it with, you, found it insulting. I didn't say anything that could be taken by anyone as being insulting or anything that isn't widely known fact. So that's why I'm confused.

I think it's just a point that some people can get pretty fervent when it comes to creationism and religion (I remember last time it got pretty heated before it started getting pretty interested). I think you're just talking about evolution though which is cool by me (even though I don't personally like Dawkins all that much (I prefer Stephen Jay Gould)).

I like the 1520. I'm used to the screen size since I owned a Z Ultra for 9 months, so that doesn't bother me. Split screen function on this phone would make it incredibly more useful. In the GF's house, speeds were 60MBs down, 20MBs up...not bad; at home I do ok, but I live in a dead zone for t-mo so that's no issue.

The camera is so-so, which is surprising. But I don't mind that either for right now, as I haven't started really messing with it yet. My phone came with Denim on it preinstalled...I won't use the folders option (Sahib knows how I feel here on that) but it looks ok. Battery life is OK - get the same amount as I do on my OPO. I went into the dev preview and the SD card started to act up with Xbox Music - which is still useless - so I'm going to op out of getting dev preview and wait for official updates instead. Tethering works like a charm out of the box. Screen is a bit bright for my taste, even on low setting...gonna drop a matter screen protector on it. Glance is actually convenient on this as dull as it is, it makes reading it not as harsh on the eyes - especially in the dark.

Will I keep it? Probably, since it one of the last Nokias. I still need another device to carry around though...which bothers me. I have massive amounts of storage for content, which is cool...but I still need to carry around another device. I don't mind as much because much of my day is spent either at work, school or internship...but it still irks me. When I have my OPO, I don't feel that way as much. The audio is years better on the OPO, along with that 5.5" is a new sweet spot for me. I would have traded this for a 5.5" model with newer chipset and the same sized battery.

Overall, a good device. I'd pair a MSFT band with it for sure...but I'd rather a cross platform smartwatch...and it sucks to use a Pebble on WP to some degree.

I had no idea there were any 1520 devices out there with the Denim firmware. To be honest though, I don't use my 1520 for everything. I much prefer using my Kindle Voyager for ebooks and iPod Classic for music. It really doesn't bother me carrying around 2 or 3 devices.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it's just a point that some people can get pretty fervent when it comes to creationism and religion (I remember last time it got pretty heated before it started getting pretty interested). I think you're just talking about evolution though which is cool by me (even though I don't personally like Dawkins all that much (I prefer Stephen Jay Gould)).

My initial statements had to do with someone on Facebook and not here. It seems I should just not saying anything any more on here of any personal experiences other than my phone battery dying or when I think the next update is coming.

I try to avoid making it a 'religious' topic and keep it to science. I wasn't trying to go down that path at all. Sahib is reading some books on the topic and I'm happy to answer any questions he has.

As for Dawkins vs Gould, just preference. I like Dawkins writing style in his books. He's written some brilliant books.

I had no idea there were any 1520 devices out there with the Denim firmware. To be honest though, I don't use my 1520 for everything. I much prefer using my Kindle Voyager for ebooks and iPod Classic for music. It really doesn't bother me carrying around 2 or 3 devices.

I was thinking that same thing about Denim. I only carry two devices, any more and it gets silly for me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Guess I'll just stick to posting food pics and answering the odd question.

Sahib any questions just email me. :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Damn its cold !!! 😵 of all the days it chose to be cold is the day I have PE 😐
sent from my rare green linux 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Huh my sisters came with cyan .....pretty cool yours came with denim.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My initial statements had to do with someone on Facebook and not here. It seems I should just not saying anything any more on here of any personal experiences other than my phone battery dying or when I think the next update is coming.

I try to avoid making it a 'religious' topic and keep it to science. I wasn't trying to go down that path at all. Sahib is reading some books on the topic and I'm happy to answer any questions he has.

As for Dawkins vs Gould, just preference. I like Dawkins writing style in his books. He's written some brilliant books.

I was thinking that same thing about Denim. I only carry two devices, any more and it gets silly for me.

I think as long as you have an open mind and like to learn something or clear up stuff there shouldn't be a problem 😊

3 devices is my max in how many I can carry around .

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think as long as you have an open mind and like to learn something or clear up stuff there shouldn't be a problem ��

3 devices is my max in how many I can carry around .

There's opened mind and then being open minded that your brains fall out. We must protect the ignorant it would seem. Anyway, discussion on this thread has gone down hill anyway so doesn't matter.

I can email the people I wish to keep in contact with.

I'm almost at an exit point to WP anyway. I'll keep my L920 to try out W10, if I get it that is.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There's opened mind and then being open minded that your brains fall out. We must protect the ignorant it would seem. Anyway, discussion on this thread has gone down hill anyway so doesn't matter.

I can email the people I wish to keep in contact with.

I'm almost at an exit point to WP anyway. I'll keep my L920 to try out W10, if I get it that is.

Isn't the saying ignorance is bliss apply in that sense :p

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Bit of a weird day today, seems to be going quickly and slowly at the same time.

Definitely more of a winter feel in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss