WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

H
huh so nfc is w battery killer o.o ? I have it on with my 830 and it doesn't put a dent on my 830 I even forget I have it on

I'm just guessing that was the culprit...maybe the phone felt it was connected to something and doing a NFC transfer. Either way, when I get home I plan to just remove that shortcut from my quick toggles in the notification centre. I don't really use NFC as much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No she's happy with her L820 for the moment. Until I start showing off what this can do of course. :p

I'm waiting for my nano SIM so I don't have it with me. I'm still deciding on a case too. I couldn't find any wood ones though there's this nice see through one on Amazon.

Hope you have the cash for the compact tucked away somewhere. See through cases are cool. Why the Z3 over the OPO? Just curious.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hope you have the cash for the compact tucked away somewhere. See through cases are cool. Why the Z3 over the OPO? Just curious.

I felt the Z3 was more accessible for me than the OPO. Sony is known for having good support as well. I also liked the fact I could see one and hold onto it to get a feel for the thing. I also like the waterproofing.

It's very light and a great size for me. I'll be able to give a better review once I start using it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If my wife wants the compact she has money in her business for it. :) Though unless they bring out other colours I think she'll wait. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We did look around for a good price for the Z3. I'm quite happy what I paid for it with the 32GB card.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm just guessing that was the culprit...maybe the phone felt it was connected to something and doing a NFC transfer. Either way, when I get home I plan to just remove that shortcut from my quick toggles in the notification centre. I don't really use NFC as much.

Yeah might be just that . For me the only time it ever uses battery is when I'm transferring something but other than that nothing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok a very expensive toy ;)
I guess you will include how awesome the unboxing was :p?

How expensive something is, is all about perspective. I would have spent the same amount on a WP flagship. The L920 was more expensive than this when I bought it.

I'm not the type to get overly excited by such things. :p It's a box. :p

I'm looking forward to using it. :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Wow, we saw that coming but didn't think it would be so fast. Nice device and I'm looking forward to reading your impressions. I'm sure you will love the battery :D
Enjoy your new device :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow, we saw that coming but didn't think it would be so fast. Nice device and I'm looking forward to reading your impressions. I'm sure you will love the battery :D
Enjoy your new device :)

First impressions, what little they are currently - nice looking, very light and nice to hold. I didn't get home until late last night so didn't do much with it plus I didn't have the SIM.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

First impressions, what little they are currently - nice looking, very light and nice to hold. I didn't get home until late last night so didn't do much with it plus I didn't have the SIM.
Nice to hear you like it. Does it it fit well into hand?

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I have fairly large hands so not an issue for me. It is only a 5.2" screen so it's not hugely different from the L920. I like how slim it is.
Well the difference is noticeable at least but the fact how thin the phone is helps a lot at handling. S5 fells much better in the hand than L930.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I felt the Z3 was more accessible for me than the OPO. Sony is known for having good support as well. I also liked the fact I could see one and hold onto it to get a feel for the thing. I also like the waterproofing.

It's very light and a great size for me. I'll be able to give a better review once I start using it.

If I didn't have the 1+1 and was upgrading from my N5, I'd have pick this for those exact reasons you mentioned. A fine choice, sir.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I really like what Sony is doing so far in the Android space. But the current Z series design is slowly starting to age...so I think the Z4 has to be something a little different. I don't think they'll reuse the same camera 4 phones in a row or they will get hammered. Still, for the right price, I'd move my OPO for a Z3. Still love the Z2 also.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I am planning to keep my L920 so I can see what W10 brings. I won't start using my L920 again or WP but at least I'll have an idea. I hope.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's how I feel about my 1520. I like it, but I don't love it. I could use it and my N7...and I may do so that first week of December just to see how I feel about doing things like that, but I'm kinda looking forward to updating my 1+1 to lollipop and see what's next.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo