WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nice review. Seems like something I'd get...especially if it hits that $150 price range. I would use stainless steel links on it though...I'm curious as to how that looks.

I wish there was an android wear with the Asus nice design and the 360's Qi built in...

Time to start a kickstarter campaign...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So after striking out on the 925 for a reasonable price I decided to feed my WP addiction with the device that introduced me to WP - a Lumia 521. Bought a broken one on eBay and another one for parts on the Market Place here. Let's see how the experiment turns out sometime in about 10 days. I am not sold on the 830 - mainly due to price and am not really enamored by anything else within the line up. Also all of a sudden folks want too much for the 925. I got one from MSFTisMIA (thank you) but could not get another one. So mainly for my music needs I decided to get the 521 and I think it will work just fine for Mix Radio and my music collection on the SD card.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So after striking out on the 925 for a reasonable price I decided to feed my WP addiction with the device that introduced me to WP - a Lumia 521. Bought a broken one on eBay and another one for parts on the Market Place here. Let's see how the experiment turns out sometime in about 10 days. I am not sold on the 830 - mainly due to price and am not really enamored by anything else within the line up. Also all of a sudden folks want too much for the 925. I got one from MSFTisMIA (thank you) but could not get another one. So mainly for my music needs I decided to get the 521 and I think it will work just fine for Mix Radio and my music collection on the SD card.

I swear people love to overvalue these lumias, even in the used market...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I swear people love to overvalue these lumias, even in the used market...

I know, right?!
Anyway the third line can run on the 521 and it was quite a capable device. The shortcomings that the 521 has my daily driver takes care of those so I am not too worried about this setup.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know, right?!
Anyway the third line can run on the 521 and it was quite a capable device. The shortcomings that the 521 has my daily driver takes care of those so I am not too worried about this setup.

So what's your daily driver now?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rue, 99, Sahib, this one is for you. My cork case came in. It is very light and they used a very soft plastic liner on the inside. It literally feels like wine corks. I thought they would have coated it a little bit for durability, but feels naked. Doesn't add any bulk to the phone and has good grip. Haven't tried it to charge by Qi yet.

Very impressed so far.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

Attachments

• 20151.jpg
    20151.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20150.jpg
    20150.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20149.jpg
    20149.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20148.jpg
    20148.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 10

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Can I ask something?
I'm currently live in Indonesia.if by any chance I'm staying at US in few months and change my Xbox live region what will changed in my phone even it's never get sold I US? I'm curious

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I got to Tooele Utah :p after 12 hrs of driving and 6 hours of desert im glad to see lights ! I would catch up and comment but its 11 in Utah :p an hour ahead of Cali . I'll be back Monday night ! Laters
Oh and I will get a hit one of these days ! Not sure about a homerun though o.o
sent from my rare green linux 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I got to Tooele Utah :p after 12 hrs of driving and 6 hours of desert im glad to see lights ! I would catch up and comment but its 11 in Utah :p an hour ahead of Cali . I'll be back Monday night ! Laters
Oh and I will get a hit one of these days ! Not sure about a homerun though o.o
sent from my rare green linux 830
Enjoy!

I remember how weird the desert was when I drove through it. Except I went through in the summer time so it was very hot!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are welcome, so I guess I'll see you more over on AC? I dabble in all the MN forums:)
I check things out over there from time to time. Been doing it since I got my tablet. I also used it to get an idea of phones etc. Looking at the reviews.

I haven't fine much else though. Not sure about the community over there. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I check things out over there from time to time. Been doing it since I got my tablet. I also used it to get an idea of phones etc. Looking at the reviews.

I haven't fine much else though. Not sure about the community over there. :p
Community is tighter here. There fragmentation is due to Android versions and the various OEMs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Community is tighter here. There fragmentation is due to Android versions and the various OEMs.
I don't mind a little diversity. :p

Over here everyone is obsessed with Lumia and Nokia still even though Nokia is no longer part of the picture.

Gets tiring sometimes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So my impressions of the Z3 so far.

Have I mentioned how light this thing is??? It's so different than the L920 which is like having a small lump of lead in your pocket. The Z3 is barely noticeable.

Having glass on front and back makes for a slippery surface but the sides have a nice grip. I definitely need a case though.

The display is fantastic! Very nice colours. Bright and vibrant.

The speed is very quick. Animations are smooth and the sound is very loud and clear. I'm planning on checking out the music app today.

I haven't used it for a phone call yet so no idea about that. I'm also sorting out what I want on my screens, I'm not one for clutter.

Overall I'm very pleased.

I'll be testing the battery tomorrow when I'm out in London to see how it handles a full day. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6