WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Microsoft Flight Simulator X still holds up after who knows how long.
SimTower is a pain to 100%.
Did I mention how useful (and frustrating) a Windows XP Virtual Machine is?
I've finally learned how to manage folder (and file) permissions. On Windows 7 (it's simpler on Win8.x)
I'm actually doing decently at school now.
My 3DS is still getting a lot of games.
The sky is black.
The water is blue.
I've also run out of things to say.

And, with that, I greet you a good morning/afternoon/evening/illusionary recital!

Glad to know you're doing well at school.
Sometimes I wish we didn't have so much light pollution so we could see the colours in the night sky.
Water isn't blue... :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I literally have BlueStacks running now, and I'm just using it to screw around. I may as well see what Microsoft is up to on other platforms~!

You can only get the Office Preview on devices. What does BlueStacks make your computer? I had to fill in a questionnaire etc to get on the program.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Glad to know you're doing well at school.
I need it to get my parents to buy me a Wii U and an SP4, or whatever the successor is going to be.
Sometimes I wish we didn't have so much light pollution so we could see the colours in the night sky.
Same here. Living near a nightclub makes it worse.
Water isn't blue... :p
I can dream~

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I need it to get my parents to buy me a Wii U and an SP4, or whatever the successor is going to be.

Same here. Living near a nightclub makes it worse.

I can dream~

Ah well that sucks with the nightclub nearby. Water looks different colour dependent on what it reflects and the minerals in it. For example when I was in Switzerland it looked a luminous green. In the tropics in northern QLD it was different shades of blue and green. The Brisbane river was brown mostly due to the muddy bottom.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Ah well that sucks with the nightclub nearby. Water looks different colour dependent on what it reflects and the minerals in it. For example when I was in Switzerland it looked a luminous green. In the tropics in northern QLD it was different shades of blue and green. The Brisbane river was brown mostly due to the muddy bottom.
So, water color is dependent on what color of light it reflects back at you, and what kind of stuff is suspended in it, correct? Well, I was trying to refer to pure water, but I could see why we don't want pure water to look blue. (See: movie named Avatar)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, water color is dependent on what color of light it reflects back at you, and what kind of stuff is suspended in it, correct? Well, I was trying to refer to pure water, but I could see why we don't want pure water to look blue. (See: movie named Avatar)

What is pure water? You should ask that question first... :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Shouldn't that refer to just water, and water alone?

If you're referring to the chemical component of H[SUB]2[/SUB]O then yes, that would be the 'purest' water and it most definitely isn't blue, it's clear and see through. However, you won't find 'pure water' in nature. You also couldn't drink large quantities of it anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

>Google+
>tfw I don't want to share any more of my data with Google

Blame MS for putting it on there but it's up to you. Social media and other things like it don't bother me that much. I keep my information minimal on them. The only one that's different is LinkedIn and that's only because it's a professional network.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

If you're referring to the chemical component of H2O then yes, that would be the 'purest' water and it most definitely isn't blue, it's clear and see through. However, you won't find 'pure water' in nature. You also couldn't drink large quantities of it anyway.
I believe it's obvious that you won't find pure water in nature, especially when you have water absorbing gases from the air, and having minerals dissolve in it from rocks.

You also have the life in water to worry about.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe it's obvious that you won't find pure water in nature, especially when you have water absorbing gases from the air, and having minerals dissolve in it from rocks.

You also have the life in water to worry about.

Well you brought up the idea of 'pure' water. :p Something that can only be derived by process. I should know, I worked on a desalination project so I have a pretty good understanding of the stuff. :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Blame MS for putting it on there but it's up to you. Social media and other things like it don't bother me that much. I keep my information minimal on them. The only one that's different its LinkedIn and that's only because it's a professional network.
Thanks to /pol/, /tech/, and /sci/, I'm seriously looking into taking a lot of my personal information off the web.

Step one is deactivating my Facebook account, but that'll happen once I finish college.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks to /pol/, /tech/, and /sci/, I'm seriously looking into taking a lot of my personal information off the web.

Step one is deactivating my Facebook account, but that'll happen once I finish college.

I guess I'm not overly paranoid but that's ok. :) To each their own.

Also, I should mention that your signature still states you have a creepy avatar... you don't. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99