WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I guess I'm not overly paranoid but that's ok. :) To each their own.

Also, I should mention that your signature still states you have a creepy avatar... you don't. :p
I'm thinking of something to replace it, but not yet. Now is not the right time and place to do this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to know why an Israeli contractor was allowed to install massive security cameras in the Fukushima nuclear power plant before the Fukushima earthquake.

They're a security firm? They have experience in dealing with nuclear facilities? Especially where people might want to get their hands on pure uranium?

You're not going with that nonsense that they set off nuclear bombs that caused the tsunami are you?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

They're a security firm? They have experience in dealing with nuclear facilities? Especially where people might want to get their hands on pure uranium?

You're not going with that nonsense that they set off nuclear bombs that caused the tsunami are you?
I read into the seismic data that the Japanese detected during the earthquake. The raw seismic data.

My former earth science teacher couldn't believe it - the data was implying that it was a far weaker earthquake than that 9.0, and that the epicenter was inland.
I'm looking into it, but hey, /pol/ is somehow right in this case.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I read into the seismic data that the Japanese detected during the earthquake. The raw seismic data.

My former earth science teacher couldn't believe it - the data was implying that it was a far weaker earthquake than that 9.0, and that the epicenter was inland.
I'm looking into it, but hey, /pol/ is somehow right in this case.

There seems to be a lot of mistrust in information these days. It's rather depressing. I know that 'regular' news articles are horrid things and the vast majority of science articles are down right wrong but that doesn't mean everyone is lying all the time. I don't see why Japan would let anyone near it with nuclear weapons considering they were the only place on Earth that ever had two dropped on them in combat.

Even though we know a lot about tectonic plates there's still a lot we don't know. I'm not even sure I could read the seismic data correctly without being trained properly.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I read up on the conspiracy theories running around about the Japan tsunami. I didn't even know that there were any! o_O

So the one about the Israeli nuclear bombs in the cameras... highly unlikely. They simply don't have the kind of technology. The guy who wrote that thing is a neo Nazi and shouldn't be taken seriously. He has no background whatsoever in these things.

Second, the HAARP thing is out as well. People just simply don't know enough about these things and people get upset when they don't have access to things so they make crap up.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

So I read up on the conspiracy theories running around about the Japan tsunami. I didn't even know that there were any! o_O

So the one about the Israeli nuclear bombs in the cameras... highly unlikely. They simply don't have the kind of technology. The guy who wrote that thing is a neo Nazi and shouldn't be taken seriously. He has no background whatsoever in these things.

Second, the HAARP thing is out as well. People just simply don't know enough about these things and people get upset when they don't have access to things so they make crap up.
Rule of thumb: if it's a big event, there's bound to be a conspiracy theory on it.

And, you know what happens with people like these: they throw so much stuff at the wall that some of it is bound to stick (see: prior experience with Tomi Ahonen)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rule of thumb: if it's a big event, there's bound to be a conspiracy theory on it.

And, you know what happens with people like these: they throw so much stuff at the wall that some of it is bound to stick (see: prior experience with Tomi Ahonen)

I think I prefer the religious nut jobs over the conspiracy theory nut jobs. At least the religious ones most people ignore the other ones unfortunately get a large following for some reason because they say enough to make people question things. Which isn't a bad thing but the problem is most don't have enough understanding to know what's right and wrong and our disenchantment with established ideas has created a environment of mistrust.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I prefer the religious nut jobs over the conspiracy theory nut jobs. At least the religious ones most people ignore the other ones unfortunately get a large following for some reason because they say enough to make people question things. Which isn't a bad thing but the problem is most don't have enough understanding to know what's right and wrong and our disenchantment with established ideas has created a environment of mistrust.

At my internship last night during the life skills group we talked about the value of protesting - non violent means vs violent means. The topic of Ferguson came up and of course some clients were for the burning and looting and some mentioned a conspiracy theory.

I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories myself but they do have a place...it is just deciding which of the conspiracy theories one thinks has the most legitimacy. Good luck with that.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is just deciding which of the conspiracy theories one thinks has the most legitimacy. Good luck with that.

Yep and most people don't have the time or the knowledge to know different. Which is the main problem. So instead of questioning the questioner we get the spread of stupid ideas by those who don't know any better.

Lack of scientific knowledge depresses me greatly but I blame the school system for that. The way academics is set up it's a wonder anyone goes into science at all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At my internship last night during the life skills group we talked about the value of protesting - non violent means vs violent means. The topic of Ferguson came up and of course some clients were for the burning and looting and some mentioned a conspiracy theory.

The burning and looting I will never understand. I guess being lost in the moment can cause that. Mob rule and so forth. I just don't see it helping the situation other than keeping those marginalized even more marginalized.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That was a good read to catch . Though I didn't know there was a conspiracy theory over the Fukushima earthquake ._. . Also I don't think I wanna die from drinking pure water o_O . I like to think ill never have another 2014 again but that's just being to optimistic :p

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Really chilly day here today. The kind of chill that gets into your bones!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That was a good read to catch . Though I didn't know there was a conspiracy theory over the Fukushima earthquake ._. . Also I don't think I wanna die from drinking pure water o_O . I like to think ill never have another 2014 again but that's just being to optimistic :p

You have to drink large quantities of it to die. There were health fads that promoted the idea of drinking 'purified distilled' water over days as part of a fasting. Thing is, purified distilled water has no mineral contents at all and will in effect start leaching nutrients from your body when you pee. Of course the people who suggest doing this see this is a good thing as you're getting rid of 'toxins'. While slowly dying of course...

I'm rather annoyed by the whole detox society and the new acidic/alkaline crowd. They annoy me to no end. They take something that is scientific and then warp it into some sort of treatment to 'fix' the problem that you don't have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney