WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And here I thought you were still in your meetings ...:p

If you read what I wrote earlier, which I assumed you did (silly me) I only said it was four hours. However, I had forgotten about the other two meetings I had to go to and the one that was four hours only lasted 3 and bit.

Tomorrow is a 5 hour meeting and I have another in the afternoon of one hour. I'm hoping the five our one is shorter...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So much to say... so many blocks... so boring.. :/

I'll pretty it up and say this. I find it striking when a famous and successful woman's power can be taken away by an unknown man who feels that because he is male and can exercise his male privilege by slapping her to keep her in line because of following some view based on a religious footnote.

Tough being a woman in India based on what I've read extensively and know through friends.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So Sahib, I decided to say **** it and start using this thing right away. I'll leave the "screen protector" that came with it on as it doesn't look as tacky.

Not a fan of the strap or the no physical buttons, but I think the no frills look is in my wheelhouse. Looks better than the OG Pebble by far but worse than the Steel.

Attachments

• 21662.jpg
    21662.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 16

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll pretty it up and say this. I find it striking when a famous and successful woman's power can be taken away by an unknown man who feels that because he is male and can exercise his male privilege by slapping her to keep her in line because of following some view based on a religious footnote.

Tough being a woman in India based on what I've read extensively and know through friends.

A lot politer way that I would have managed...

I have no idea how bad India has been with the place of women in society in the past but thanks to the internet it's becoming more and more obvious that it's not in a very good place now.

Unfortunately a lot of this nonsense is making it's way here as well. :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If you read what I wrote earlier, which I assumed you did (silly me) I only said it was four hours. However, I had forgotten about the other two meetings I had to go to and the one that was four hours only lasted 3 and bit.

Tomorrow is a 5 hour meeting and I have another in the afternoon of one hour. I'm hoping the five our one is shorter...

Oh I did but I didn't know what time your meetings were going to be so I assumed in the morning .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So Sahib, I decided to say **** it and start using this thing right away. I'll leave the "screen protector" that came with it on as it doesn't look as tacky.

Not a fan of the strap or the no physical buttons, but I think the no frills look is in my wheelhouse. Looks better than the OG Pebble by far but worse than the Steel.

Something about the straps takes away from the watch. Now that's just my view from a picture and I haven't seen it in person.
OH OH can you do one thing ? can you report back how bright It is in daylight ?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I didn't knew India was this popular even on world news!
Yes, don't comment on it. It wouldn't be kind. If you were an Indian, you'll understand why!

But I did comment on it. I had to. As a social worker in training and a more seasoned non profit professional, there is some cultural competency in my words. So I won't speak from a wildly

What's the issue here - her religious beliefs that was shared with the dude who slapped her, her gender as being a woman, or her nationality as being Indian and the cultural connotations of that?

Could you speak on this issue? Maybe, but unless you're a woman, I'm not sure if you can fully answer my questions because my focal point here is her gender.

Like I said earlier, I cleaned up my comment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Something about the straps takes away from the watch. Now that's just my view from a picture and I haven't seen it in person.
OH OH can you do one thing ? can you report back how bright It is in daylight ?

Walk into any AT&T and VZW store and you can see it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But I did comment on it. I had to. As a social worker in training and a more seasoned non profit professional, there is some cultural competency in my words. So I won't speak from a wildly

What's the issue here - her religious beliefs that was shared with the dude who slapped her, her gender as being a woman, or her nationality as being Indian and the cultural connotations of that?

Could you speak on this issue? Maybe, but unless you're a woman, I'm not sure if you can fully answer my questions because my focal point here is her gender.

Like I said earlier, I cleaned up my comment.

Actually it's two of the three. Being a woman and sharing the religion. The being Indian part shouldn't play a part in it. It doesn't matter which religion either as all of them hold women as second class citizens and seem to have issues with them in one way or another.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

o.o oh they have them there ? I Didn't know then again its been awhile since ive been in a ATT or vzw store

They do. I played with one while I waited for mine to be shipped to me.

It's been a pain to set up so far so I'll charge it and see what happens later. The strap has gotten more comfortable to use but I cannot wait for the metal band.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually it's two of the three. Being a woman and sharing the religion. The being Indian part shouldn't play a part in it. It doesn't matter which religion either as all of them hold women as second class citizens and seem to have issues with them in one way or another.

Unfortunately many societies still view women as second class citizens.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm going to charge the G watch fully first before using it. I think I'll set it up on the way to class first.

It apparently isn't letting my connect my Sony smart band at the same time too, so I'm going to decide which is my primary and go from there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Then why did you think I'd still be in a meeting? :/

Maybe he was distracted by the vision from that skirt he saw under or that sport bra he was happily shown. Sometimes things like that can be dazzling...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Maybe he was distracted by the vision from that skirt he saw under or that sport bra he was happily shown. Sometimes things like that can be dazzling...

it was yesterday LOL! it was in the morning and now for me to secure a seat next to photoshop girl :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb