WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I got up early this morning.. Had a couple hours before I had to be at work. Started playing around with Minecraft PE...

...ended up being 20 minutes late for work! hehehee.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So I got up early this morning.. Had a couple hours before I had to be at work. Started playing around with Minecraft PE...

...ended up being 20 minutes late for work! hehehee.

2 strategy games are more than enough to handle along with other fps, endless runner games. I'll just go mad if I download any new strategy games!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

2 strategy games are more than enough to handle along with other fps, endless runner games. I'll just go mad if I download any new strategy games!
I have so many games on my 1520's 64GB sd card... It's slammed full! I can't stop downloading them! I'm helplessly addicted...

It gets harder & harder. Good thing I'm patient...

That's what she said! BA dum bum tisssss...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So today is the staff lunch and party. Somehow, I don't feel as excited about it. Maybe because I'm tired from the semester and work, but I'd rather be on a beach or a massage table right now.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

Jamaica Mon!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So today's been interesting.

I'm at our lunch and they screwed up the coach. So we're all sitting here waiting. :p At the pub waiting to return.

At least the battery on your phone will not die while you are waiting for the bus....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So here is an interesting story...

Two days ago someone walks off with my friend's iPhone 5S that I helped him acquire after he got laid off. This is a gent who is in his mid 60s. Based on his usage patterns and needs and his penchant for losing phones left and right I told him to go to the ATT store and get the 520 for $29.99. He lives in a small town about 3 hours away from me and for him ATT works. The store clerk de-activated his SIM in the iPhone and got the IMEI reported as stolen and then proceeded to convince him to get an Android!! Grrr....

No my friend used the iPhone 5S pretty much stock and he only uses one app on the iPhone, just ONE!!
The 520 would have been perfect, lose the phone, just replace it with another $30 phone.

The logic used by the sales person in the ATT store:
1. This phone does not have all the apps. My friend doesn't need any apps!!!! He needs ONE app and it is available on WP!
2. It is very difficult to import your Google Contacts on to the WP device, what a liar! Also he claimed my friend would be happy with Android email app on the ZTE Compel that he sold him not realizing this elderly gentleman is a huge fan of Outlook!!

SMH!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Almost OPO like. What is your Screen On Time?

Well I'd like to point out that the data signal at my work is crap and I think that has a lot to do with my battery issue in general.

Screen on time is 3h 18m. I played a Angry Birds a few times, the free version with all the ads, and was trying to use data in an area that was crap.

Standby time is 20h 28m. 9% without signal.

I still think there might be some apps eating into my battery but I'm not sure which ones. I've looked at the list but I don't see them being much of an issue.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well I'd like to point out that the data signal at my work is crap and I think that has a lot to do with my battery issue in general.

Screen on time is 3h 18m. I played a Angry Birds a few times, the free version with all the ads, and was trying to use data in an area that was crap.

Standby time is 20h 28m. 9% without signal.

I still think there might be some apps eating into my battery but I'm not sure which ones. I've looked at the list but I don't see them being much of an issue.

Not as bad as signal in my office. I usually have close to 30-45% time no signal on the OPO with slightly greater SoT. So the OPO is pretty much comparable to the Z3.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So here is an interesting story...

Two days ago someone walks off with my friend's iPhone 5S that I helped him acquire after he got laid off. This is a gent who is in his mid 60s. Based on his usage patterns and needs and his penchant for losing phones left and right I told him to go to the ATT store and get the 520 for $29.99. He lives in a small town about 3 hours away from me and for him ATT works. The store clerk de-activated his SIM in the iPhone and got the IMEI reported as stolen and then proceeded to convince him to get an Android!! Grrr....

No my friend used the iPhone 5S pretty much stock and he only uses one app on the iPhone, just ONE!!
The 520 would have been perfect, lose the phone, just replace it with another $30 phone.

The logic used by the sales person in the ATT store:
1. This phone does not have all the apps. My friend doesn't need any apps!!!! He needs ONE app and it is available on WP!
2. It is very difficult to import your Google Contacts on to the WP device, what a liar! Also he claimed my friend would be happy with Android email app on the ZTE Compel that he sold him not realizing this elderly gentleman is a huge fan of Outlook!!

SMH!!!

Moral of the story.... don't send old person by themselves to get a smartphone at a carrier store. 99% of the time they'll leave with the wrong phone for them.

The sales people only care about maximizing sales. Nothing more. Probably didn't help that he had an iPhone before hand. Though Android and iPhone are quite different.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not as bad as signal in my office. I usually have close to 30-45% time no signal on the OPO with slightly greater SoT. So the OPO is pretty much comparable to the Z3.

I work in a Faraday cage. :p On one side of my building there's zero signal and what signal there is, is fairly weak. But yeah from what I've heard the OPO battery is pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923