WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So here is an interesting story...

Two days ago someone walks off with my friend's iPhone 5S that I helped him acquire after he got laid off. This is a gent who is in his mid 60s. Based on his usage patterns and needs and his penchant for losing phones left and right I told him to go to the ATT store and get the 520 for $29.99. He lives in a small town about 3 hours away from me and for him ATT works. The store clerk de-activated his SIM in the iPhone and got the IMEI reported as stolen and then proceeded to convince him to get an Android!! Grrr....

No my friend used the iPhone 5S pretty much stock and he only uses one app on the iPhone, just ONE!!
The 520 would have been perfect, lose the phone, just replace it with another $30 phone.

The logic used by the sales person in the ATT store:
1. This phone does not have all the apps. My friend doesn't need any apps!!!! He needs ONE app and it is available on WP!
2. It is very difficult to import your Google Contacts on to the WP device, what a liar! Also he claimed my friend would be happy with Android email app on the ZTE Compel that he sold him not realizing this elderly gentleman is a huge fan of Outlook!!

SMH!!!

I guess the sales rep didn't care about the needs of the consume :/ . even I wouldn't push a low end android unless its a moto G or E . sales reps are only part of the problem :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Moral of the story.... don't send old person by themselves to get a smartphone at a carrier store. 99% of the time they'll leave with the wrong phone for them.

The sales people only care about maximizing sales. Nothing more. Probably didn't help that he had an iPhone before hand. Though Android and iPhone are quite different.

He couldn't wait an extra day because of his work. I told him I would get the phone to him via Amazon Next Day service...the logic used was your Google contacts will show up right away on the Android....sheeesh!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I work in a Faraday cage. :p On one side of my building there's zero signal and what signal there is, is fairly weak. But yeah from what I've heard the OPO battery is pretty good.

Same here, almost a Faraday cage here as well and I probably in the worst dead spot....my next door neighbor puts his phone up on the shelving to get reception...I am not that desperate...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Hah!

Attachments

• AdobePhotoshopExpress_da74166ac6d645689cb90ca54ebc5bd7.jpg
    AdobePhotoshopExpress_da74166ac6d645689cb90ca54ebc5bd7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That's bad for WP. Even worse for WP is that I think the same. And even worse than that is that I'm not alone.
I have four more months on the contract, I don't change devices any earlier than after 2 years. Hopefully Win10 for phones actually comes in January so I will be able to test it for 2 months before I decide where to. If the only thing will be tinkering under the hood I'm leaving. Design of WP isn't bad I just kind of got bored of it in 2 years.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So today has been a bit of a weird day - I unexpectedly had a team Christmas lunch which was fairly nice -- not as nice as LaRue's leisurely afternoon though!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Funny how I've said this quite often on this site with people often not agreeing with me. If you're not into the latest and greatest then WP will suit you just fine. If you want it, I'd avoid WP completely until they sort that out.
i like wp though :(

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe! I've never seen a baseball match :O except in movies

One major differences between baseball and cricket is that cricket has an end where as baseball goes until someone wins. Other than that, the only difference is play. Just as dry though. Most people get into baseball because of the stats, same goes for cricket. Yes you can admire the skills of the players in both games but I find both rather long, dull and boring. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

i like wp though :(

I didn't say you couldn't like WP or that you should not use it. I said if you want the latest and greatest I'd avoid it. As the article writer said, they like WP but with the lack of apps and the lack of a good high end phone lots of people find little to make them stay. Since it's looking like May for a flagship, if one gets released, that's a long time to try to keep people interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss