WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Have you tried blogging about food? Putting up recipes, telling stories and exposing a bit of your personality?

Food is a big thing at the moment, especially over here in the UK. Anyone who can give a bit of themselves to their cause will do well. Celebrity chefs are raking it in over here.

All you need is a good angle to come from. Some imagination. A good personality and you're good to go.

If I had more time and was an actual chef I'd do it as well while things are still good.

On my Z3

I've thought about it, and like you, there's never enough hours in a day. Also, you know the old saying "the shoemakers children go barefoot"? This is why I'm hoping to get out of the management job I have now within the next couple of years. Then I'll have more time to focus on my own thing. I've got big ideas.... ;)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Also, back on the degree thing, I personally know about 5 people who've attained at least a B.S. and are looking for work... my girlfriend is one of them.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Anyway, I think I'll go work on the links in my "Universal Games and Apps" thread now.. I'm off today, waiting for my laundry to finish.. then later we're going out to finish our Christmas shopping.

Oh btw! I put up Christmas lights finally last night. Bought 4 packs of "icicles" to go across the front of the house.

WP_20141214_18_40_01_Raw.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've thought about it, and like you, there's never enough hours in a day. Also, you know the old saying "the shoemakers children go barefoot"? This is why I'm hoping to get out of the management job I have now within the next couple of years. Then I'll have more time to focus on my own thing. I've got big ideas.... ;)

I understand. I'm doing a job now that I'm doing to keep money coming in. I like it but it's not my passion by a long shot. Doesn't help that the project I'm is boring as all hell either. :p I'm thinking of asking for a transfer to another project.

Unfortunately my passion is for breakfast and making bread. :p Neither pay well at this stage. :p We have plans to get a B&B up and running sometime in the future. Possibly try a supperclub or breakfast club before that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Work is another form of slavery. We're just a different type of serf. :/

I don't know if I mentioned this before. I read something a while back. The quote was something like this "Most Americans don't consider themselves poor, they just haven't reached their potential as millionaires."

Most people don't realise that working is no way to gain independence or 'live'.

That's some quote there.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could remember it correctly but it was something along those lines.

It is that same attitude that keeps the rat race running here,and old money loves it because they don't have to work as hard as their millions get replenished.

When I did security work downtown (Wall St) some years ago, I always cracked up at how people acted. Some of the EVPs at the mid level were dipsticks with their attitude and when I met the folks on the board, they were the smoothest,most chill people ever. I remember being security at one of the luncheons and someone said that I should be in there with the movers and shakers, instead of being security outside. That told me all I needed to hear.

I only care about working smart to get to a point where I can make a difference and not starve financially in my personal life doing it.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Also, back on the degree thing, I personally know about 5 people who've attained at least a B.S. and are looking for work... my girlfriend is one of them.

The hardest thing to do is find the right mix of education and experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Went for the win today...was able to exchange the GF's sweater i bought for her birthday in AC in Secaucus and got her a cheaper one in the size she wants...and only paid $10 to get some nice socks with the difference. Also picked up a couple dress pants to go with my suit (even though I wasn't looking to spend any cake...)

So I don't think I'm going to class today. I'll just exchange my shirt and get ready for work tomorrow. Tonight's class isn't a class...we're to bring food and all that jazz. Too tired still.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Guess the thread went quiet. OK, I'm off to group then. I'll peek back in later.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I whipped up another "dual lockscreen"... Here's a demonstration video clip (recorded on my trusty iPhone 4)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Trying to find broken Lumia phones to fix so I have an excuse as well and time to learn some new phones to fix....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Trying to find broken Lumia phones to fix so I have an excuse as well and time to learn some new phones to fix....

SMH. Why not learn how to fix an iPhone? Doesn't the wife have one now? That makes sense to do to me...lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like I'm going to get a double dose of Android Lollipop...the Wear version is installing on my G Watch and my N7 will get it Wednesday.

Looking forward to the next update in my Lumia 1520 though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

SMH. Why not learn how to fix an iPhone? Doesn't the wife have one now? That makes sense to do to me...lol.

They are not cheap, even broken ones sell for a pretty penny. Also the phones themselves are a PITA to fix!! And I need about $150 invested to buy the gear to fix it. I already have everything I need to fix the Lumias:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999