WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Cheer up. At least he wasn't stuck paying alimony or child support. He'll get over it...but I won't comment further on his girl adventures.

Alimony is one of those things that always confused me. I get child support but not that one.

I was being a bit melodramatic. I was in meetings for 5 hours this morning. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Alimony is one of those things that always confused me. I get child support but not that one.

You should know the answer to this one...it is buried deep within feminist thought and is based on the gender inequalities of women's work...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You should know the answer to this one...it is buried deep within feminist thought and is based on the gender inequalities of women's work...

I'll have to admit to not knowing that one. I have to say it sounds vaguely familiar (there's probably several quotes that are like that) but I couldn't tell you who said it.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, this girl at work has a 16GB iPhone 4S for $50 includes a fancy charging case... good deal?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I got done with my meeting with my counselor. Kinda bummed out that because of one class that I didn't so well in (programming) I have to wait a whole' nother year just to retake it 😐. ....... well nothing much o can do but bother the department

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll have to admit to not knowing that one. I have to say it sounds vaguely familiar (there's probably several quotes that are like that) but I couldn't tell you who said it.

The issue is that because women's work in the home isn't viewed the same as men's work outside the home, it is compensation for the work women do at home, including child rearing. When the woman marries the dude, all the stuff she does to maintain the house is paid for by the man's salary, but she isn't directly compensated for that work. Of course they made the child support separate because of some deadbeat dads who wanted the free sex but not the responsibilities of child rearing.

That's kinda the summary version. The legal stuff gets technical but that's the general gist, as far as I have know and have read about.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I got done with my meeting with my counselor. Kinda bummed out that because of one class that I didn't so well in (programming) I have to wait a whole' nother year just to retake it ��. ....... well nothing much o can do but bother the department

You messed up your programming class? o_O

Sahib... man... that's a bummer. So what's your plans? Can you retake it at night or something?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The issue is that because women's work in the home isn't viewed the same as men's work outside the home, it is compensation for the work women do at home, including child rearing. When the woman marries the dude, all the stuff she does to maintain the house is paid for by the man's salary, but she isn't directly compensated for that work. Of course they made the child support separate because of some deadbeat dads who wanted the free sex but not the responsibilities of child rearing.

That's kinda the summary version. The legal stuff gets technical but that's the general gist, as far as I have know and have read about.

It's not been a good day for me. :p My head was obviously somewhere else when I was answering. :p

I understand the concepts of alimony but I've also run across times where it's paid to the woman even if she's working. That I never understood. Nor do I understand paying it continuously once she is being supported by someone else but not married, unless the law has changed. It's a system that always seemed easily perverted and one sided. I'm not against support for a period of time, like child support but I do have issues with continued support indefinitely.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You messed up your programming class? o_O

Sahib... man... that's a bummer. So what's your plans? Can you retake it at night or something?

I would if they were offering it at more times but they classes are filled and the wait list is long. I'll have to wait till April to register again take the class in the fall and graduate in the spring of 2016 :/ just for one class .

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Appears to be AT&T locked (which is my carrier anyway), good shape with no visible scratches.. Oh and the case is a "Mophie" charging case (extended battery?)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster