WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's not been a good day for me. :p My head was obviously somewhere else when I was answering. :p

I understand the concepts of alimony but I've also run across times where it's paid to the woman even if she's working. That I never understood. Nor do I understand paying it continuously once she is being supported by someone else but not married, unless the law has changed. It's a system that always seemed easily perverted and one sided. I'm not against support for a period of time, like child support but I do have issues with continued support indefinitely.

It is an old draconian answer to an age old problem that needs revisiting. Some feminists may say that's fine because it is one of the few circumstances in which the system is slanted towards women. It should be overhauled to include LGBT and make an updated set of standards, but the politicians are too busy wasting time and money on other things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It is an old draconian answer to an age old problem that needs revisiting. Some feminists may say that's fine because it is one of the few circumstances in which the system is slanted towards women. It should be overhauled to include LGBT and make an updated set of standards, but the politicians are too busy wasting time and money on other things.
The politicians are too busy lining their pockets you mean?

I believe in fair and that system never seemed fair. There's also arguments with child support issues as well but that's a whole other conversation. Things should be better but that starts with a change in culture, something the US is never quick with. Well, lots of places are slow with change.

I also agree with adding LGBT into it but that will probably happen in time as more states adopt and sex marriage. Maybe an overhaul will happen at the same time. We can only hope I guess.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The politicians are too busy lining their pockets you mean? .

That's the first lesson they're taught in political school.

Quasi jokes aside, this is what gets a lot of people and why I like say, while you may never fully know who you lay with, there are ways to avoid being stuck on stupid and embroiled with someone who will manipulate situations involving kids for financial gain.

Once women and LGBT are viewed as different but ultimately equal, things like this will get ironed out. Until then, we are stuck with broken systems.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Refresh and you will see the edited post. Yes, the 4S camera is better than the 4.

Gotcha.. She let me hold it for the day to check out. So far, everything seems ok. No water damage light on, speakers sound good, checked the headphone jack (thanks for the reminder on that!) everything works.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, this girl at work has a 16GB iPhone 4S for $50 includes a fancy charging case... good deal?

Yes it is a good deal. If you can get it for me I would appreciate it, a friend in Brazil has been looking for one. And I'll even get the money over what you paid to you!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha.. She let me hold it for the day to check out. So far, everything seems ok. No water damage light on, speakers sound good, checked the headphone jack (thanks for the reminder on that!) everything works.

It's a good deal. I'd buy it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so I'm off to go change and be Santa for a half hour. I'm surprisingly a little nervous, but I'll fun with it for the kids' sake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss