WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah, so the way it sits right now, I have a $50 paperweight lol... I can't believe I didn't see that, I mean, I did, but thought "eh, I'll just wipe it and restore..." Well, I haven't used iTunes or an iPhone in a few years and obviously they've since up'd security measures with this "find my iPhone/icloud/activation lick" thing. *sigh* maybe I should make a post over at iMore and see what the guys over there have to say.

Any ideas?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ewww btw, iTunes has changed quite a bit since the last time I used it... No wonder I wanted to switch to WP!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I could live without a start menu as well but there was too much backlash from users.

I still think they went about things the wrong way but that's my opinion.

It's funny because when I try to use it like w8 I get frustrated that I can't use the charms menu and see all the apps :p. Then I remember that it's technical preview .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So, I found the "catch" to that iPhone 4S I bought... It's locked to the previous users "find my iPhone" and itunes/icloud account. I only figured this out after trying to start fresh and restoring through itunes. Now it's stuck at activation and can't be activated without the previous owner's username and pass. The problem is the girl I bought it from at work.. she (or her husband) recently bought it from someone on Craigslist. So tracking down that original person might prove to be tricky.. huuurrr
Might have to experiment with jailbreaking this thang!

Ouch ..and the girl didn't tell you . She's a shady person I say

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, I found the "catch" to that iPhone 4S I bought... It's locked to the previous users "find my iPhone" and itunes/icloud account. I only figured this out after trying to start fresh and restoring through itunes. Now it's stuck at activation and can't be activated without the previous owner's username and pass. The problem is the girl I bought it from at work.. she (or her husband) recently bought it from someone on Craigslist. So tracking down that original person might prove to be tricky.. huuurrr
Might have to experiment with jailbreaking this thang!

Sorry Ed, lemons happen. I figured as much when you quoted the initial price. If all else fails, take up 99 on his offer

Posting 1+1 Style!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ouch ..and the girl didn't tell you . She's a shady person I say

Nah, I honestly believe she really didn't know. She's as dumb as a box of rocks, bless her heart lol...

She doesn't know the difference between an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 for one (which is why she bought this 4S thinking it was a 5), nor does she know the difference between an android phone and a windows phone. Yeah, it's that bad..

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nah, I honestly believe she really didn't know. She's as dumb as a box of rocks, bless her heart lol...

She doesn't know the difference between an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 for one (which is why she bought this 4S thinking it was a 5), nor does she know the difference between an android phone and a windows phone. Yeah, it's that bad..

Ah I guess stuff like that happens . At least it was 50$ :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...today's the GF's mom's birthday, and as such we ordered her food because she was too busy getting her hair done to go to the restaurant with us. We've been trying to take to this restaurant for months, but its almost like pulling teeth. Good thing they let you order takeout.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, so I got my $50 back, and suggested to her that she try to get her money back as well. Maybe if she insists on getting her money back from the guy she bought it from, he'll suddenly "remember" how to log into his itunes/icloud/iWhatever account and remove the phone from his account.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's interesting for both of you . Mia celebrating a bday and Ed getting his money back . Meanwhile I'm driving back and forth >.<

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I was planning to hard to reset my phone since the semester is over but since they pulled 6snap, im not going to do so

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I was planning to hard to reset my phone since the semester is over but since they pulled 6snap, im not going to do so
Oh yeah snapchat, I got the warning that they will ban my account if I don't stop using it on 3rd party apps. So I won't be using snapchat from my Lumia which is lame because I don't carry tablet around :( So if we don't get the official app than there is no chance that I'm buying WP next, snapchat has become important part of my life.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is the issue with 3rd party apps. This why no one should have to rely on 3rd party apps. This is why WP will have issues gaining traction until the official apps come on board and are kept up to date.

No one seems to get this for some reason. All it would take is some API changes from the app makers and all of Rudy's apps stop working. That's not what you want to impress new users to your platform.

Thing is, as security becomes more and more an issue with apps and cloud services I can see 3rd party apps being shut down in time.

That's just my opinion though.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Problem is I started using WP way earlier than Snapchat. If I knew that I wouldn't have bought WP in the first place. I don't really care if Snapchat doesn't have all the functionality on WP I just want to have to be able to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05