WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Cameras on Nexus has never been a strong suit...although the N5 and now the N6 are better.

If 5.5" (iPhone 6+ size) is what you want for Android, then you can go with any of these:

1) Oneplus One
2) LG G3
3) Samsung Note 3 or Note 4
4) Sony Xperia Z3 or Z2

All of these have good cameras.

There are very few 6" Androids, most of which have ****ty cameras. I could add Huawei's Ascent line here, but I won't.

Posting 1+1 Style!
Besides the OPO and Sony I wouldn't recommend the others. LG G3 has a hard time keeping up because the processor is pushing to many pixels and Touchwiz on Sammy I can't stand that!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, I don't really have any needs lol ...thats just it, my 1520 handles everything I "need" a phone to do (though since the latest update, wifi and cellular connectivity have been rather shoddy to say the least!) I'd just like to get an all around good "flagship android" phone eventually (along with the latest fruit stand device ;)), so I can gain the experience and find out what I've been missing. I'm trying to stay open minded about these ecosystems.. I mean, I'm a loyal WP fan, and I'll surely buy the first Windows 10 flagship phone if it ever comes out, but nothing's stopping me from trying different things. You know what they say; variety is the spice of life! :)
I have devices from three ecosystems with me pretty much at all times....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You got it. Since you're an AT&T guy, you can either stick with them and fish around to get a model on the cheap (One M8, Moto X 2014 can be on your list if camera isn't as important) or look at a used Z2 or Z Ultra if you want that ginormous screen. both the Z2 and the Z Ultra LTE models have the AT&T radios in there so you still get their speeds. It t also boils down to what you're willing to spend. If you're peeking in on Android but on a budget, a Moto X 2013 model is a nice get. You'll get a 4.7" screen in a phone the size of the 925 but runs on the same software as the Nexus 6. 99 can find you a good used model for under $250.

Posting 1+1 Style!
Aye, aye captain!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Soham is on vacation at his native place in India. When he is back on the thread expect him to bring out the iroller or the rolling pin for bent iPhone.

We need to club his *** with the same rolling pin if he pulls that damn joke out again. I like to kick the fruit stand too, but that one is as old as Miley Cyrus twerking on Robin Thicke.

Posting 1+1 Style!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If money isn't any issue, and you want the latest and greatest, get a Note 4 on the Android side - or slightly cheaper with the Xperia Z3. If you're not looking to sink too much money into Android but want a good experience, a Oneplus One, Xperia Z2, or at the right price points a Moto X 2014 or even a LG G3 can be a treat for you. If you're being cheap and merely taking a flyer here, a Moto X 2013 or a good condition One M8 is a good recommendation.

Posting 1+1 Style!
Would recommend the Moto X 2013 over the M8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Besides the OPO and Sony I wouldn't recommend the others. LG G3 has a hard time keeping up because the processor is pushing to many pixels and Touchwiz on Sammy I can't stand that!

I'd recommend the others for folks who aren't serious techies. The G3 I'd buy, as I was impressed with it. I'd actually use a Note 4, even though I've stopped using Samsung. Throw my Sony skin on it...

Posting 1+1 Style!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise