WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I know that tech and phones and other things like that are supposed to be our topics now. BUT, I can't help but get really annoyed that in our modern day and age money has to be spent on stupid studies like this - Effect of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination on clinical indicators of sexual behaviour among adolescent girls: the Ontario Grade 8 HPV Vaccine Cohort Study

For a moment I thought I saw something from some backwoods deep in the dark recesses of a first world country that still held onto 1940s heterosexual views.

The sad thing is that there are still too many people who hold onto these views here in 2014. I saw that Bosnian article recently about those 28 adolescent girls who went on some field trip and 7 came back pregnant and just shook my head at the outrage of the parents. Folks, western society has commercialized sex is such a way that many of the youth coming to p don't know how to decipher the complex messages. We should sit down with our kids and be honest with them about the pros and con's of sex, especially during adolescence on a social, emotional and economic level. Even though there are significant developmental changes during adolescence, if you break it down into a language they'll understand, they'll make smarter choices.

It's still like saying condoms in schools chase teens to have more sex, selling emergency contraception in the stores without a prescription causes teens to have more sex. More lunacy that we don't need. The problem is that the people with these Looney views have "old money".

(Drops mic)

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm a bit torn and I will have to do more research over Christmas. Any pro's and cons to 930 I might not be aware of?

Boils down to how you use that battery. Everything else is solid. I'd still love to try one out...but I have a 1520.3 to occupy me these days.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

For a moment I thought I saw something from some backwoods deep in the dark recesses of a first world country that still held onto 1940s heterosexual views.

The sad thing is that there are still too many people who hold onto these views here in 2014. I saw that Bosnian article recently about those 28 adolescent girls who went on some field trip and 7 came back pregnant and just shook my head at the outrage of the parents. Folks, western society has commercialized sex is such a way that many of the youth coming to p don't know how to decipher the complex messages. We should sit down with our kids and be honest with them about the pros and con's of sex, especially during adolescence on a social, emotional and economic level. Even though there are significant developmental changes during adolescence, if you break it down into a language they'll understand, they'll make smarter choices.

It's still like saying condoms in schools chase teens to have more sex, selling emergency contraception in the stores without a prescription causes teens to have more sex. More lunacy that we don't need. The problem is that the people with these Looney views have "old money".

(Drops mic)

My biggest issue is the reasoning for the study in the first place. There's a lot of messed up people who believe that people should be punished for promiscuity. That's the main reason why parents are opting out of the HPV. There are way too many people who think HIV should be used as a deterrent to sex along with all the STDs. They think it's apt punishment. That's my issue here.

Add in that most parents don't discuss sex with their kids and lots oppose sex education in schools and it's no wonder there's so much ignorance on the subject. It's been proven that education in sex reduces teen pregnancy rates and STDs.

I sometimes wonder when we'll be able to grow up some time and stop realising that sex isn't an issue, isn't a problem, it's a natural part of life.

I could go on to say what I really feel, which I've skipped, but I'm sure MIA knows who the people are I refer to in this post as being the 'problem'.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Boils down to how you use that battery. Everything else is solid. I'd still love to try one out...but I have a 1520.3 to occupy me these days.

It seems to have a 2400mah battery, which is bigger than on the 920, which I can make last 3 days already.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It seems to have a 2400mah battery, which is bigger than on the 920, which I can make last 3 days already.

Not the size of the battery that counts. I could nuke my Z Ultra in 4 hours and it had the same chip set and a 3020mah battery just by playing asphalt 8 for an extended stretch. I've noticed that once I start to push my1520, the battery runs like my Z Ultra did.

Reports are that it runs the camera hard when using it. You may still get the same usage out of it as you do with your 920.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You seemed convinced. Go for it. :)

Far from it. I've got to do some driving tonight but I'm going to check out some of the latest Android offerings tonight and see how WP compares in daily usage, and make a decision based on that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My biggest issue is the reasoning for the study in the first place. There's a lot of messed up people who believe that people should be punished for promiscuity. That's the main reason why parents are opting out of the HPV. There are way too many people who think HIV should be used as a deterrent to sex along with all the STDs. They think it's apt punishment. That's my issue here.

Add in that most parents don't discuss sex with their kids and lots oppose sex education in schools and it's no wonder there's so much ignorance on the subject. It's been proven that education in sex reduces teen pregnancy rates and STDs.

I sometimes wonder when we'll be able to grow up some time and stop realising that sex isn't an issue, isn't a problem, it's a natural part of life.

I could go on to say what I really feel, which I've skipped, but I'm sure MIA knows who the people are I refer to in this post as being the 'problem'.

4 out of every 5 sexually US adults will be exposed to some type of HPV in their lifetime. There are over 60 HPV types. The HPV vaccine protects against types 6,11,16 & 18 that causes genital warts and cervical cancer.

I agree with you. Some of the teens in my office who are in our teen parenting program are more responsible about their health and well-being than some adults I know who are more set in their careers. All I know is that of I have a kid, when the time comes I'll lay the law out on the topic of sex. Truth be told, if some parents parented well from jump about other things and built a great relationship with the kids, then talking about sex is easy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Far from it. I've got to do some driving tonight but I'm going to check out some of the latest Android offerings tonight and see how WP compares in daily usage, and make a decision based on that.

What androids are you looking at?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

What androids are you looking at?

The Sony Z3 is comparable to the 930, as is the 1+1 more or less. What others would you consider? Bearing in mind the battery life and the camera are the two most important factors for me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The Sony Z3 is comparable to the 930, as is the 1+1 more or less. What others would you consider? Bearing in mind the battery life and the camera are the two most important factors for me.

Both the Z3 and the 1+1 are bigger than the L930, with the 1+1 being the biggest at 5.5"

Android Central has a list of their favourites but it kind of comes down to how you feel personally about those brands.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Depends on your budget. Camera and battery life I'd recommend adding the Z2 to that list also, since specs wise the One plus One and the Z2 are identical chipset and RAM wise. If the skin isn't too much of an issue for you, I'd add the LG G3 into the mix also, as it is a smaller 5.5" screen with a pretty good camera.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Depends on your budget. Camera and battery life I'd recommend adding the Z2 to that list also, since specs wise the One plus One and the Z2 are identical chipset and RAM wise. If the skin isn't too much of an issue for you, I'd add the LG G3 into the mix also, as it is a smaller 5.5" screen with a pretty good camera.

I thought about the LG G3 but when they had issues with the camera and dragged their feet about fixing it I was a bit put off by that.

There's lots of good Androids now and with decent cameras. It's only going to get more difficult for MS to compete on camera alone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well it's almost time for me to leave work and start my vacation. I'm looking forward to it! :D

I'll hopefully be able to post some pics here (check Instagram for more). It's a relaxing holiday but I will be out.

In case I don't make it on here Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well I'm having a problem with my 920, there's something wrong with the usb port at the bottom. I can't keep the phone connected to a computer long enough to sync let alone charge or put my music on.

I might suddenly be in the market for a new device.
Looking for WP or are you another one leaving WP? :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy S5 has good camera and battery, camera is not as good as on L930 but it's faster. Battery on the other hand is better on S5, I used it more than 930 and ended day without any problem on single charge, on Lumia I had to be quite careful to not be left with dead battery on the end of the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb