WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Man... My connectivity has been pure doo doo this week. Data connection in and out.. Normally, I have 5 solid bars of AT&T LTE.. But this week, it keeps switching between 4 bars of "4G", then next time I look, I have NO data connection at all.. Or I'll be on the "Edge" network? I've had people calling me and my phone gives me no indication whatsoever that an incoming phone call is coming. Cant send texts... I get a return message "cant send/try again" errrghh then on WiFi, (we have Comcast business internet here at work) it keeps jumping on and off.. Cant stay connected to the wifi.. I'm STRUGGLING to load web pages (like this one) and end up having to just turn wifi OFF. WTH is going on?? Is it my 1520 and that latest update? Because I've never had these problems with my 1520 before.. It's always worked perfectly! And with a strong cell and/or wifi connection. Or should I call AT&T and give them a piece of my mind? Those were important phone calls that I missed! *P'd off*

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thumbed through some of my 810's pictures and I will share the following:

1) I still like that phone. I'll never buy another carrier branded GSM phone because of what happened with it.

2) Found more pictures for the "I'm hungry!" thread than one could shake a stick at.

3) Smiled at some of the various hairstyles the GF has had.

4) I'm older but my face hasn't changed...just more dark circles under the eyes.

Yup, always fun to look back down memory lane.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man... My connectivity has been pure doo doo this week. Data connection in and out.. Normally, I have 5 solid bars of AT&T LTE.. But this week, it keeps switching between 4 bars of "4G", then next time I look, I have NO data connection at all.. Or I'll be on the "Edge" network? I've had people calling me and my phone gives me no indication whatsoever that an incoming phone call is coming. Cant send texts... I get a return message "cant send/try again" errrghh then on WiFi, (we have Comcast business internet here at work) it keeps jumping on and off.. Cant stay connected to the wifi.. I'm STRUGGLING to load web pages (like this one) and end up having to just turn wifi OFF. WTH is going on?? Is it my 1520 and that latest update? Because I've never had these problems with my 1520 before.. It's always worked perfectly! And with a strong cell and/or wifi connection. Or should I call AT&T and give them a piece of my mind? Those were important phone calls that I missed! *P'd off*

Fire AT&T!

Sucks to hear that happen to you man. Which 1520 do you have...the AT&T one or the 1520.3?

Posting 1+1 Style!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lets get to the bottom of this. There wasn't an update or a firmware to the 1520 besides the one that added the data toggle . If it was the 1520.3 my sister would of gotten the update. Neither the 1520 or the 1520.3 have gotten updates . I'm thinking its att doing either they are doing something to the cell cite or increases in people using the cell cite. Hmmm this is me talking out loud

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I like the battery life of my 810 😊 a little better than my 830 on stand by
sent from my rare nokia lumia 810

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Two pictures from today.

First one is Sagrada Familia, I suggest looking it up to understand it. Second is a picture taken from the MNAC over looking Barcelona.

Hope I'm not boring you to death with my pics.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419629227888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419629227888.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419629256708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419629256708.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Lets get to the bottom of this. There wasn't an update or a firmware to the 1520 besides the one that added the data toggle . If it was the 1520.3 my sister would of gotten the update. Neither the 1520 or the 1520.3 have gotten updates . I'm thinking its att doing either they are doing something to the cell cite or increases in people using the cell cite. Hmmm this is me talking out loud

That's the update I'm talking about.. My 1520 (on dev preview) definitely got that update.. And it really seems like that's when (maybe a coincidence?) all these connectivity issues started to arise.

I called AT&T a couple days ago to see what was going on with my data connection and service. The tech on the phone ran some tests, said everything looked fine.. No outages to report etc etc. had me power down my phone while she disconnected me from their tower and reconnected me.. And told me to call again if I kept having problems... well, I'm getting ready to call again!

See, the AT&T tech telling me everything looks fine on their end coincides with my girlfriend telling me that her iPhone's data/cellular connection (we're on the same AT&T family plan) has been fine. This all leads me to believe that either;

A. My 1520 is screwey from that last update that "ONLY added a data toggle".. Or somehow the antennas in my phone have gone bad... which I highly doubt! (that doesn't happen.. Does it?)

Or

B. It's these fake "law enforcement/FBI/government/big brother snooping/surveillance towers" that i keep hearing/reading about, that my phone keeps being forced into connecting to.

Or

C. Not only have the North Korean hackers hacked into Sony and Xbox Live, but they're now hacking into our AT&T network! Lmao

But seriously though, all jokes aside; W... T... F.... Is going on???

And don't think for one minute guys, that I'm trying to convince myself that I need to switch to an iPhone or anything like that! I might get an iPhone as a 2ND phone yes, but I'm not giving up my Windows Phone! I've got too much invested in apps and games etc on this platform. But if my 1520's having hardware (antenna) issues, I might have to get another 1520.

If this keeps up, I'll do a hard reset first... Before making any rash decisions.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Two pictures from today.

First one is Sagrada Familia, I suggest looking it up to understand it. Second is a picture taken from the MNAC over looking Barcelona.

You are making me jealous that you get to go places :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's the update I'm talking about.. My 1520 (on dev preview) definitely got that update.. And it really seems like that's when (maybe a coincidence?) all these connectivity issues started to arise.

I called AT&T a couple days ago to see what was going on with my data connection and service. The tech on the phone ran some tests, said everything looked fine.. No outages to report etc etc. had me power down my phone while she disconnected me from their tower and reconnected me.. And told me to call again if I kept having problems... well, I'm getting ready to call again!

See, the AT&T tech telling me everything looks fine on their end coincides with my girlfriend telling me that her iPhone's data/cellular connection (we're on the same AT&T family plan) has been fine. This all leads me to believe that either;

A. My 1520 is screwey from that last update that "ONLY added a data toggle".. Or somehow the antennas in my phone have gone bad... which I highly doubt! (that doesn't happen.. Does it?)

Or

B. It's these fake "law enforcement/FBI/government/big brother snooping/surveillance towers" that i keep hearing/reading about, that my phone keeps being forced into connecting to.

Or

C. Not only have the North Korean hackers hacked into Sony and Xbox Live, but they're now hacking into our AT&T network! Lmao

But seriously though, all jokes aside; W... T... F.... Is going on???

And don't think for one minute guys, that I'm trying to convince myself that I need to switch to an iPhone or anything like that! I might get an iPhone as a 2ND phone yes, but I'm not giving up my Windows Phone! I've got too much invested in apps and games etc on this platform. But if my 1520's having hardware (antenna) issues, I might have to get another 1520.

If this keeps up, I'll do a hard reset first... Before making any rash decisions.

Oh wow 😲 well that is tricky . Maybe it could be your sim card ?
Then again it could be that update that's messing with connectivity that you said earlier. Must be a att thing with their 1520 . My sisters 1520.3 doesn't have that problem

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Two pictures from today.

Idk why but I keep on thinking Barcelona is in Brazil :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Idk why but I keep on thinking Barcelona is in Brazil :p

I definitely know Barcelona is in Spain. I didn't know anything about that church without looking it up on Wikipedia, though. "Holy Family" is a common name for churches. We have a "Sagrada Familia" church here in Cleveland that is home to a Latino congregation. We also have another church in Cleveland named "Holy Family"; the one called "Holy Family" is not connected with any particular nationality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel