WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I definitely know Barcelona is in Spain. I didn't know anything about that church without looking it up on Wikipedia, though. "Holy Family" is a common name for churches. We have a "Sagrada Familia" church here in Cleveland that is home to a Latino congregation. We also have another church in Cleveland named "Holy Family"; the one called "Holy Family" is not connected with any particular nationality.
I was going to put some information but thought that since everyone on here is pretty tech savvy I thought just putting the name would help. Saves me from explaining Gaudi.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are making me jealous that you get to go places
I wouldn't go to that many places if I didn't live in the UK. Makes it a bit more affordable. To do this from another county outside the EU would be expensive.

You need to take a year and travel the EU while you're still young. It's easy enough for you to do as well. You could be boring and go to Australia but I think the EU would be better from a cultural perspective.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Running late today and there is planned service work on the train I take to get to work from the GF. Oh well, I get there when I get there...

Posting 1+1 Style!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

***Update***

So last night, my connectivity issue got even worse. After rebooting the phone to try and get my cellular connection back, my 1520 got "stuck" in airplane mode... Could not toggle it back off at all! Restarted the phone several times to try and fix it.. Nothing. Stuck in airplane mode.

So then I decided not to worry about the backup i was trying to do, and did a hard reset. Started fresh.. Clean install (no backup restore)
Phone reset fine.. But problem still present.... and still stuck in airplane mode!

Next step was to stop in the at&t store this morning and get them to activate a new SIM card for me... Did that, didn't change anything... Still stuck in airplane mode and have no cellular service.

So it's my 1520..... still under warranty. I'm making a warranty exchange. Should have my new 1520 by Monday.

I guess my 1520 got jealous of the attention I've been giving my new iPad air 2, and decided to die lol

In the meantime, I'm using my backup phone (my old iPhone 4) for a phone for a couple days.......

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

***Update***

So last night, my connectivity issue got even worse. After rebooting the phone to try and get my cellular connection back, my 1520 got "stuck" in airplane mode... Could not toggle it back off at all! Restarted the phone several times to try and fix it.. Nothing. Stuck in airplane mode.

So then I decided not to worry about the backup i was trying to do, and did a hard reset. Started fresh.. Clean install (no backup restore)
Phone reset fine.. But problem still present.... and still stuck in airplane mode!

Next step was to stop in the at&t store this morning and get them to activate a new SIM card for me... Did that, didn't change anything... Still stuck in airplane mode and have no cellular service.

So it's my 1520..... still under warranty. I'm making a warranty exchange. Should have my new 1520 by Monday.

I guess my 1520 got jealous of the attention I've been giving my new iPad air 2, and decided to die lol

In the meantime, I'm using my backup phone (my old iPhone 4) for a phone for a couple days.......

Bummer Ed :/ I guess it was that update if the sim replacement didn't work .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't go to that many places if I didn't live in the UK. Makes it a bit more affordable. To do this from another county outside the EU would be expensive.

You need to take a year and travel the EU while you're still young. It's easy enough for you to do as well. You could be boring and go to Australia but I think the EU would be better from a cultural perspective.

I think Australia would be one of the last places I'd go since it got crawlers , poison animals :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I heard a lot of dumb tourist today. Unfortunately they were mostly from North America... There were a couple of older ladies from the UK saying some wired things too, but they were old ladies...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I heard a lot of dumb tourist today. Unfortunately they were mostly from North America... There were a couple of older ladies from the UK saying some wired things too, but they were old ladies...
If they were saying "wired" things, how high were they strung?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So there's an AT&T warranty exchange center here in town (actually about 45 min drive from where I'm at) where, instead of making a warranty exchange through the mail, I can walk in and do the whole warranty exchange there if they have my phone in their inventory. I called them, and they do have it in stock, so I'll probably ride over there Monday rather than waiting on it through the mail.
I was thinking though, should I flash my 1520 back to retail with the NSRT? I've got the dev preview on it and was just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues with the warranty because of that. What do you guys think?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So there's an AT&T warranty exchange center here in town (actually about 45 min drive from where I'm at) where, instead of making a warranty exchange through the mail, I can walk in and do the whole warranty exchange there if they have my phone in their inventory. I called them, and they do have it in stock, so I'll probably ride over there Monday rather than waiting on it through the mail.
I was thinking though, should I flash my 1520 back to retail with the NSRT? I've got the dev preview on it and was just wondering if I'm going to run into any issues with the warranty because of that. What do you guys think?

All you do is uncheck the option in the Dev preview app and reboot. That should put you back to the last firmware without the need to flash anything yourself.

Posting 1+1 Style!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

as long as it flashes to the att rom i think you are ok :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss