WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I just realized that I get to sit in the super jumbo Airbus A380 twice on this trip. LA to Singapore and London to LA.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Missing the point . It's true because at time I hate how limited snapchat is on iOS compared to 6snap :/ it bugs me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

I'm not missing point, 6snap was better as long it worked, at the moment though...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But isn't that the thing if you have More means of getting more money wouldn't you do it . Most companies would make more money if they would make apps for wp . Either way people on wp lose out :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
I don't think you understand the costs involved in making an app. I'm sure all the companies are doing a cost analysis of the WP ecosystem and determining if it's worthwhile.

WP is 3% of the mobile phone market worldwide. Then you need to determine how many people in that 3% will use your app.

Then you needed to determine will you hire someone permanent or contract?. Do you train someone? What are the costs? What about updates to the app? Etc.

All this needs to be weighed up.

As for your comment about 3rd party being better, that's only when they work, as SD had pointed out. It also doesn't matter if there are 3rd party apps or not when you have an official app, which is far more important for the ecosystem. People will choose what's best for them. I still think 3rd party app days are numbered personally. My opinion though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think you understand the costs involved in making an app. I'm sure all the companies are doing a cost analysis of the WP ecosystem and determining if it's worthwhile.

WP is 3% of the mobile phone market worldwide. Then you need to determine how many people in that 3% will use your app.

Then you needed to determine will you hire someone permanent or contract?. Do you train someone? What are the costs? What about updates to the app? Etc.

All this needs to be weighed up.

As for your comment about 3rd party being better, that's only when they work, as SD had pointed out. It also doesn't matter if there are 3rd party apps or not when you have an official app, which is far more important for the ecosystem. People will choose what's best for them. I still think 3rd party app days are numbered personally. My opinion though.

i think companies should because if they don't like 3rd party apps make an app and be done with it if not they better come up with a better excuse than " there is no demand " . as long as there is demand 3rd party apps will exist. that's how I see it

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sup gang!

I'm getting my new 1520's SIM card activated after work today, which then I'll be back in business! I've gotta say, and I don't want to speak too soon, but this 1520 has shown ZERO signs of any touch/tap/scroll/sensitivity issues! My last one didn't either though, but something about this one just seems very responsive and accurate to the touch.

Also... I must not have realized how bad the connectivity issues were with that last 1520. This one's Wi-Fi connection is a solid, full signal wherever I go at work and at home. The last one would drop down to a single bar (or one "dot") on the Wi-Fi icon if I went outside or the far side of the building. I just assumed it was a weak wireless router... Not the case!

I can't wait to get the SIM activated this evening.. 5 solid bars of LTE goodness again

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh and I started this 1520 fresh, without restoring a backup. Only installed the apps and games that I needed or wanted... I've got SO much free space now! :)

Last edited:

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Oh and I started this 1520 fresh, without restoring a backup. Only installed the apps and games that I needed or wanted... I've got SO much free space now! :)

I've even uninstalled the games which I needed, still I don't have any free space. I need to uninstall many apps/games before updating large sized games!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

i think companies should because if they don't like 3rd party apps make an app and be done with it if not they better come up with a better excuse than " there is no demand " . as long as there is demand 3rd party apps will exist. that's how I see it
Completely missed the point. The only reason there's a demand for 3rd party on WP is because there is no official app. However, demand on WP does not mean it's worthwhile to make an app.

That was my point.

If WP was seen to be worthwhile I'd assume apps like Instagram to be updated more regularly. It's way behind in functions. Since this isn't happening one can only assume something isn't right.

So as per my previous post. The cost of making and maintaining an app are not worthwhile on WP. That's why 3rd party apps flourish on WP. However, that doesn't mean that they'll always function 100% and the original developer has ever right to block 3rd party apps.

Right now WP is too niche for most developers, regardless of the emerging markets numbers.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sup gang!

I'm getting my new 1520's SIM card activated after work today, which then I'll be back in business! I've gotta say, and I don't want to speak too soon, but this 1520 has shown ZERO signs of any touch/tap/scroll/sensitivity issues! My last one didn't either though, but something about this one just seems very responsive and accurate to the touch.

Also... I must not have realized how bad the connectivity issues were with that last 1520. This one's Wi-Fi connection is a solid, full signal wherever I go at work and at home. The last one would drop down to a single bar (or one "dot") on the Wi-Fi icon if I went outside or the far side of the building. I just assumed it was a weak wireless router... Not the case!

I can't wait to get the SIM activated this evening.. 5 solid bars of LTE goodness again

good stuff a good way to start off the year ;P

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sahib you should make your way to Barcelona. You might find some things a bit shocking but on the whole I think you'd like it here.

Lots of meat for your dietary needs. :p

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well this was an interesting year full of ups and downs, but I'm looking forward to what next year holds!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So here we go. It's been a great year to be with you guys and girls. Lots of interesting topics debated, lots of laugh with you. I hope you will stay the same in next year and I hope we won't lose anyone of the gang ;). So I hope all wishes come true for you in 2015 :).
The reason I'm wrong this now, about 4 and a half hours before new year here, is that I'm celebrating the new year this time on a party with my friends and I probably won't have time to write something like that there, I might still hop in once in a while 😊
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just less than for hours here.

We're heading out to dinner soon then we're going to see what Barcelona has for fireworks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We didn't get up to much today so only a small sample of pics. We visited Casa Batllo a house designed by Antoni Gaudi. Most of the pics are inside the house. We also walked the streets a bit.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420053780911.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420053780911.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420053844260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420053844260.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420053920156.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420053920156.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420053978440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420053978440.jpg