WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A couple other things I've been missing out on with WP and the Windows app store, are all the recording/DAW (digital audio workstation) apps. Sure, I can run full fledged x86/x64 applications like ProTools, Cakewalk Sonar, or Reason on my desktop PC, or my laptop (or on a full windows tablet like the Surface Pro 3 if I had one), but there's no touch based apps for WP/RT for a truly portable recording studio solution. With the iPad, I have access (once again) to tons of synthesizer, effects, amp modelers, Garage Band and other touch based DAWs, etc etc.

Then there's certain social platform apps that WP just doesn't seem like it'll ever get. I don't use Snapchat, but that's one if them. And then as mentioned above, Pinterest! All we get are the third party offerings which just aren't the same. Instagram beta? *sigh*..

And then there's all the games... WP has it's fair share yes, like Age of Empires - Castle Siege, a worthy answer to Clash of Clans, and in some ways, it's much better than.. But it's still not Clash of Clans! Other games like Candy Crush Saga (which I could care less about) come too late. They've already been forgotten about on the other platforms, while they've moved in to the next big thing.

Ok, that's my WP rant.. I'm done now! lol with all that said, I still love (or really enjoy having) my Windows Phone! I'm not going anywhere! But I sure am glad I'm able to afford the luxury of having both! (WP and iOS)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So it's that weird time of year in Florida when we use the air conditioning during the daytime, and the heat at night.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So it's that weird time of year in Florida when we use the air conditioning during the daytime, and the heat at night.

It's kind of like that a lot in TX... Although I love the winter electric bills... $114 vs. $225+ in the summer. And people think I'm crazy keeping it at 71 in the summer and around 68 in the winter

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

500 bucks for an 830? WTH..

Actually it would be closer to $545 after taxes for us in California. The Expansys version would be no tax either....
I could pick it up in Asia for less than half the price that MSFT is selling it for...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyway, I'm going to try to get some sleep without waking myself up or anyone else for that matter.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually it would be closer to $545 after taxes for us in California. The Expansys version would be no tax either....
I could pick it up in Asia for less than half the price that MSFT is selling it for...

For that price you can get the 3G Z3 model. I remember when MSFT was selling the 1020 at that price. Oh boy.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro