WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, chalk it up to the hard work of 3rd party case makers. I mean, the iPhone itself is pretty bland so you only get to express your true uniqueness and still say "hey, I own an iPhone" with the case you have.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

I've been in a few mobile shops in different places. It's always depressing. The ratio on cases it like 10 or 20 to 1 for iPhones. In some shops they don't even sell other cases. That's what frustrating. Makes it difficult to try one out before buying. I'm tired of buying one on eBay only to hate it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is the coldest stretch of the winter so far. With the overnight lows going to be 7?F, the director at the internship decided to open up the meeting space as an overnight sleeping area.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been in a few mobile shops in different places. It's always depressing. The ratio on cases it like 10 or 20 to 1 for iPhones. In some shops they don't even sell other cases. That's what frustrating. Makes it difficult to try one out before buying. I'm tired of buying one on eBay only to hate it.

Agreed. But, with my style, I get to use Amazon and can find some nice options. I really like that cork case and it would be absolutely perfect if there was a slight protective coating layer. You can pick at it and it comes off, because they used the inside of the cork instead of the outside. It gives it a great look and feel, but I question its durability. I would only use that case if I'm going to a social event as a great conversation piece.

I always think that someone should own two cases for their phones - a daily driver and a backup or talking point piece.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That story that's happening in Paris is frightening.

I'm waiting for the apologist to say something stupid. When they do I'll be happy to tell them they're idiots...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sad news indeed. I didn't catch it in the article I read, did they catch/kill the gunmen? Or did they get away?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I hope they catch them. However, it's a reality check on the reality of the situation in France and other countries over the idea of free speech.

This.

Although I thought it was hilarious personally, I did have a weird feeling watching the movie The Interview the other night.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This.

Although I thought it was hilarious personally, I did have a weird feeling watching the movie The Interview the other night.

I haven't seen it but I do find the idea of it a bit harsh in general. It's one thing to satirize something with different names and another to use real people...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I really wish there was an option to turn off the "swipe left or right to previous or next web pages" in IE11. It's really frustrating when I'm typing up a paragraph sized post and try to move over left or right and it "swipes" to the previous web page.. And I end up losing everything I just typed up. Grrrr

Maybe a suggestion on uservoice?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That story that's happening in Paris is frightening.

I'm waiting for the apologist to say something stupid. When they do I'll be happy to tell them they're idiots...

That's such a shame. Prayers to those who lost loved ones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's such a shame. Prayers to those who lost loved ones.

I do feel sorry for the families. Crap like this shouldn't happen in this day and age over comics and words but people seem to take things like that a bit too seriously.

At a time when things felt like we were starting to come out of the darkness and being able to be critical of ideas behind this stuff it seems like we're going to nose dive right back down again. So much for criticism. Expect bland and boring news for the next few years...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do feel sorry for the families. Crap like this shouldn't happen in this day and age over comics and words but people seem to take things like that a bit too seriously.

At a time when things felt like we were starting to come out of the darkness and being able to be critical of ideas behind this stuff it seems like we're going to nose dive right back down again. So much for criticism. Expect bland and boring news for the next few years...

These things are so cyclical in nature, sadly. One can look very comfortably across human history and find many examples of people staunchly defending flawed ideas with violence. Its just sad all around.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

These things are so cyclical in nature, sadly. One can look very comfortably across human history and find many examples of people staunchly defending flawed ideas with violence. Its just sad all around.

I know that these things have happened in history and will probably continue to happen for many years to come. The thing is we are constantly being forced into fear. The desire for freedom of speech, a mainstay of democracy, is being threatened and all we'll end up getting is a bunch of whiny apologist all clamouring around saying it was the magazine's fault for saying anything. For being critical at a time when we should be critical.

I'm glad they're being denounced. I'm glad that some politicians have actually said something with substance.

These murderous cowards, and that's what they are, need to be shown for what they are, the unfortunate part is I don't see it going well. They'll either get away or die 'martyrs'. Neither option is good.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, we both know that you and I - especially you - could pull off !ore impressive lists. But I think I made my point just to say how crazy MSFT is to offer that version of the 830 for $500.

We can let the craziness continue....here is another reason why the 830 at $499 is really boneheaded....
The thinnest phone you can buy in America is $199 unlocked, and it's beautiful | The Verge

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I had to read up on what happened on France and man that sucks . I always think to myself " don't know think what they are doing " :/ I hope the families are getting though it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo