WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

5.5", 1080P display, quad core S805 chip, 3GB RAM, Qi, improved 20MP camera, 32GB + microSD, 2800mah, lumia 925 style lightweight. Split screen support. Priced aggressively. Good place to start.

Posting 1+1 Style!

I'll agree with that. My phone is 5.2" which is comfortable for me. I was trying to think more general size to suit most people but 5.5" seems to be popular these days.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't get paid enough how to teach Sahib to decipher innuendos correctly...

Posting 1+1 Style!

LOL! Either he's searched and is just playing innocent or he really can't be bothered to figure it out. Being Sahib, I'm going with the later...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll agree with that. My phone is 5.2" which is comfortable for me. I was trying to think more general size to suit most people but 5.5" seems to be popular these days.

It depends on how they do the design. I like how LG kept the G3 smaller and fit a 5.5" screen onboard. Moto has been good over the past two years in making bigger screens in smaller foot prints. On the other hand, the OPO is unapologetically big and some people like that. If they get it to the size of a Z3, for example, and yet be a 5.5", then that's a great start.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So there was a fire earlier on by New York Penn station. Of course they have things situated, bit commuting in is a pain. At least I'm not taking the long island railroad, whose commuters are a affected a bit more than me on this one.

Some people suspect foul play. We'll see what gets out.

Posting 1+1 Style!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

We talking about the trials of Windows Phone here I see? Yeah, Microsoft has no flagship of their own in the US available through carriers. As someone said, people get excited over the flagships, and Microsoft needs to wow them and advertise it. One thing, I hope they stick with the unibody polycarbonate design as I think that's on thing that sets Windows Phone apart

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We talking about the trials of Windows Phone here I see? Yeah, Microsoft has no flagship of their own in the US available through carriers. As someone said, people get excited over the flagships, and Microsoft needs to wow them and advertise it. One thing, I hope they stick with the unibody polycarbonate design as I think that's on thing that sets Windows Phone apart

But if it makes it heavy or feel cheap it will be a turn off for some people. Lightweight is still in at the moment.

The trials of WP is based on the most recent data concerning it's numbers in the US. They've dropped, unsurprisingly.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

5.5", 1080P display, quad core S805 chip, 3GB RAM, Qi, improved 20MP camera, 32GB + microSD, 2800mah, lumia 925 style lightweight. Split screen support. Priced aggressively. Good place to start.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Make it at least 3000mAh battery and I'm in. True all day battery life is becoming more and more standard, and one the Icon lacks that I can't stand. Also, 1080p isn't enough to wow anybody (even though they realistically won't know the difference...)

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

But if it makes it heavy or feel cheap it will be a turn off for some people. Lightweight is still in at the moment.

The trials of WP is based on the most recent data concerning it's numbers in the US. They've dropped, unsurprisingly.

I honestly think the weight of the phone is the very least concerning issue there could be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I honestly think the weight of the phone is the very least concerning issue there could be.

You'd be surprised how much people care about weight. When the L920 came out that's all anyone talked about.

Overall design (if it looks pretty) is important and weight. From a specs perspective. Battery life is #1 for most people, second is user experience, this includes apps. Camera sits third.

I have no data to back that up but that's my general feel about things.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You'd be surprised how much people care about weight. When the L920 came out that's all anyone talked about.

Overall design (if it looks pretty) is important and weight. From a specs perspective. Battery life is #1 for most people, second is user experience, this includes apps. Camera sits third.

I have no data to back that up but that's my general feel about things.

The only people I heard talking about it were the tech reviewers. I don't think that's something any real consumer would actually care about. I think design and specs are going to sit right upfront, then UX, battery life, camera

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only people I heard talking about it were the tech reviewers. I don't think that's something any real consumer would actually care about. I think design and specs are going to sit right upfront, then UX, battery life, camera

Being the owner of L920 I'm happy it's no longer my daily driver. It was like carrying a brick around. So they were right about the weight. Most L920 users may not complain but when they get a new phone I have little doubt they'd want something lighter.

Overall design is always the most important thing, but since everyone has light phones it will be a consideration when 'trying' them out. Unless you love WP already and don't care it will be a consideration. Where UX and battery life sits is debatable. I'm glad we agree with camera not being first as there are people who seem think it's #1..

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Being the owner of L920 I'm happy it's no longer my daily driver. It was like carrying a brick around. So they were right about the weight. Most L920 users may not complain but when they get a new phone I have little doubt they'd want something lighter.

Overall design is always the most important thing, but since everyone has light phones it will be a consideration when 'trying' them out. Unless you love WP already and don't care it will be a consideration. Where UX and battery life sits is debatable. I'm glad we agree with camera not being first as there are people who seem think it's #1..

For me personally, camera is something that's very high up, but I don't necessarily see it being something people put as a number one priority. However, I think Microsoft could use it as a selling point though, brag about the camera. It could still be a wow factor and a selling point

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Make it at least 3000mAh battery and I'm in. True all day battery life is becoming more and more standard, and one the Icon lacks that I can't stand. Also, 1080p isn't enough to wow anybody (even though they realistically won't know the difference...)

They can get away with 1080p and a 2800mah if they price it 1+1 style. Plus, the 805 chip can help, especially in a thinner design.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On my priority list:

1) Battery life
2a) Music experience
2b) Storage space
3) Availability of the apps I use (or OS natural ability to offset those apps)
4) Camera

On my preferred list:

1) nice design
2) waterproofing
3) wireless charging
4) quality screen

Android is my daily driver for now because it covers those better than WP. Especially on the priority list.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Didn't mind the brick nature of the 920. What I didn't like was the battery.

Posting 1+1 Style!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What's new ...phone talk . Honestly I think the blend between polycarbonate and aluminum band around the phone is a good start . They could start using the 830 thinness , put the 930 internals ( soc 805 or 810 ) 1080p , 2500maH battery or more , 20mp camera , and to top it.off amoled screen 😁
sent from my rare green linux 830

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium