WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ah its nice to have a phone that has native coverage on a carrier bit isn't tied to that carrier 😁
sent from my rare green linux 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I definitely blame Microsoft for not differentiating it and confusing consumers, but it really bothers me when you see reviewers are idiots. They all said how the Surface was limited because it wasn't running a full OS. So is the iPad Air for that matter. Neither are meant to be. :eck:

Yup people think my surface is a surface pro and I have to explain the differences .
That's also another thing reviews do say its limited yet they forget about the other tablets that just run apps . I don't see mayn't tablets with a display port or USB port to charge your phone .

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Evening guys. Got myself a Surface 2 in the marketplace! Can't wait for it. I don't care what people say about RT...it's a great MOBILE OS (because that's what it is folks!) and I believe the most capable by far. Never meant to be a full OS, though you definitely have to blame Microsoft for creating the confusion. Apps and games kind of lack, but for what it does, I don't think the Surface can't be beat. It does productivity very well. Got it in part because I want to see what comes of RT and if the Windows Phone preview will also be available for RT. I hope Microsoft doesn't abandon RT devices like BlackBerry abandoned the PlayBook.

Cool! Congrats! I agree, the Surface 2 RT is a fantastic device.. two apps I can tell you to go download right now are Microsoft's Remote Desktop client, and PLEX. Those were the most used two apps I had on my Surface 2 before I sold it. I'm kinda wishing I hadn't sold it now, as I'm curious to see what happens to RT as well, but I'm saving up for a next Gen (Surface 4?)full Windows 10 tablet anyway. (Right now, my iPad Air 2 has my tablet needs very well covered!)

Curious.. How much did it set you back?

Enjoy your new toy!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Cool! Congrats! I agree, the Surface 2 RT is a fantastic device.. two apps I can tell you to go download right now are Microsoft's Remote Desktop client, and PLEX. Those were the most used two apps I had on my Surface 2 before I sold it. I'm kinda wishing I hadn't sold it now, as I'm curious to see what happens to RT as well, but I'm saving up for a next Gen (Surface 4?)full Windows 10 tablet anyway. (Right now, my iPad Air 2 has my tablet needs very well covered!)

Curious.. How much did it set you back?

Enjoy your new toy!

$236.60. Mint condition with box and all original accessories as well as the Touch Cover 2. That's all I have in my "device fund" so I offered him that lol

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

$236.60. Mint condition with box and all original accessories as well as the Touch Cover 2. That's all I have in my "device fund" so I offered him that lol

What ?!? Lucky lol I've been looking for one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope my rt get windows 10 . If not well there is always a surface 3

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I was given access to Huawei Emotion UI 3 four the Honor 6, same version the carriers are testing now.

To install or not....

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Cept for black levels ._. While the 1520 is amazing 😎 I like the prefect blacks from oled . Its not when you compare them side by side do you see a difference

I've had both, and had them side by side as well. I had my first WP8 phone (a 920 which had IPS LCD) and two 1020s (AMOLED) side by side, and then my 1520 (IPS LCD) next to the last 1020. The "ClearBlack" technology Nokia uses on their IPS LCD displays makes the blacks just as "black" in my honest opinion. I prefer the LCD screens myself, and am glad the 1520 has it (as well as my iPad!). I don't have to worry about the image burn like my 1020s had, and the "ghosting" effect when scrolling white text on a black background (made it blurry while scrolling fast, as the pixels switching on and off couldn't keep up)
I could go on, but yeah, just my preference...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Nice! You got a great deal.. I sold mine for $250 with a Type Cover 2 included.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Here's my city; "Edropolis" :smile:

20150112_162129000_iOS.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett