WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm a big fan of Rice Chex. Pretty plain, but there's something about it. Hate the Corn Chex though. Disgusting. But I'd have to put puffed rice with some sugar/cinnamon as my favorite :)

I like chex that was my childhood cereal :p then I moved to rice crispies

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe they're looking for updates just so it looks like there is progress they can actually see and they can then in turn feel good about themselves? Who knows...

I'm not sure what to expect from Windows 10 to be 100% honest (on the mobile side). To be broad though, what I'd like to see is the capability of RT while keeping it more mobile friendly like Windows Phone. I guess we will just wait.

I'm not expecting a lot. If we go by track record, there will be features that make sense, removal of something that works for a beta version of a potentially better feature, some stuff people Will justify as great and some stuff that still lags behind the competition.

Yup, I still expect to see a hodgepodge.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Daaaaaaaamn! I've been slacking.. Getting my **** kicked. I was almost at 200 crowns at one point, then started playing Clash of Clans when I got my new iPad. I let AOE go for a few days and checked back; now have less than one hundred crowns :(

I've told you before, your defence is very weak. Frankly I'm not surprised that you're slacking.
Once you unlock an extra hero slot use alexander nevsky & winrich von kniprode. You'll be able to defeat impossible opponents by using them. Place the traps at the right place(I've kept fire trap under decorations, nobody would expect that, so sometimes enemies are quite surprised with it)

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Exactly 4k posts now. Its 12.45 a.m. Time to sleep.
Going home is delayed again. Guess I'm here for another couple of days...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I miss the days of abusing those to get everything I owned on disk...

I'm installing MS Office 2010 on my wife's work computer. She bought a three licence disk back in 2012 for her company. So it saved her ?109 and subscriptions.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What's new with the iPad? The last one I used is the one I bought a year ago for a close friend. I do have access to an apple device in my house - 5S - and when I turned it on, I was bored and turned it back off.

I'm glad you asked!

To start with, the new iPad Air 2 has the latest and greatest SoC; the all new triple core 64bit "A8X" (a higher clocked version of the A8 found in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus), as opposed to the dual core A7 chip in the previous iPad Air. Only the new iPad Air 2 has this new A8X chip (the latest iPad Mini is still powered by the A7)

Included in the A8X SoC, is the all new 8 core customized GXA6850 GPU, coupled with Apple's new Metal graphics API, this new GPU completely mops the floor with just about every other tablet on the market. (Surface Pro 3 included!) This new GXA6850 GPU brings desktop/console class graphics and gaming to the iPad Air 2!
(Read more about this here AnandTech | Apple A8X?s GPU - GXA6850, Even Better Than I Thought )

The new M8 motion co-processor and barometer.

2GB of RAM (coming from 1GB in the previous iPad Air)

128 bit DDR3 memory bus (coming from 64bit bus on previous)

2MB L2 cache (coming from 1MB in the previous)

4MB L3 cache

The new 8MP "iSight" camera (as on the iphone 6 and 6plus) coming from the 5MP shooter on the previous iPad Air.

New 802.11ac WiFi w/MIMO and enhanced LTE supporting 20 bands and "LTE advanced" capable of 150Mbps.

"Touch ID" (fingerprint sensor) security. This really works well, and trust me, with my recent experience with trying to buy a used iphone (for a secondary backup phone), and finding out that it was still tied to someone's account, found it impossible to get around. Apple does not play with security! I was quite impressed!

Thinner and lighter - at 6.1mm thin, the iPad Air 2 is the thinnest tablet in the world! And at .96lbs, I believe it also the lightest...

New upgraded Retina display with the same 9.7" 2048x1536 (264ppi) resolution, but now with more tightly bound layers and finally an anti reflective coating for better outdoor viewing.

And of course the amazing iOS 8 and all it's new features. iOS has always done a great job of staying "transparent", in other words, whichever app you might be using comes front and center, rather than the OS. (Windows Phone would be the opposite, where the OS is up front, and apps are second.)

So yes, quite a bit is "new" with the new iPad Air 2, while keeping the tried and true form factor that everyone loves. I do, anyways....

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've told you before, your defence is very weak. Frankly I'm not surprised that you're slacking.
Once you unlock an extra hero slot use alexander nevsky & winrich von kniprode. You'll be able to defeat impossible opponents by using them. Place the traps at the right place(I've kept fire trap under decorations, nobody would expect that, so sometimes enemies are quite surprised with it)
Oh I've done a few upgrades since the last screenshot you saw of my keep. Still, like I said, I haven't been giving the game as much attention as of late. Moved on to bigger and better things lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad you asked!

To start with, the new iPad Air 2 has the latest and greatest SoC; the all new triple core 64bit "A8X" (a higher clocked version of the A8 found in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus), as opposed to the dual core A7 chip in the previous iPad Air. Only the new iPad Air 2 has this new A8X chip (the latest iPad Mini is still powered by the A7)

Included in the A8X SoC, is the all new 8 core customized GXA6850 GPU, coupled with Apple's new Metal graphics API, this new GPU completely mops the floor with just about every other tablet on the market. (Surface Pro 3 included!) This new GXA6850 GPU brings desktop/console class graphics and gaming to the iPad Air 2!
(Read more about this here AnandTech | Apple A8X?s GPU - GXA6850, Even Better Than I Thought )

The new M8 motion co-processor and barometer.

2GB of RAM (coming from 1GB in the previous iPad Air)

128 bit DDR3 memory bus (coming from 64bit bus on previous)

2MB L2 cache (coming from 1MB in the previous)

4MB L3 cache

The new 8MP "iSight" camera (as on the iphone 6 and 6plus) coming from the 5MP shooter on the previous iPad Air.

New 802.11ac WiFi w/MIMO and enhanced LTE supporting 20 bands and "LTE advanced" capable of 150Mbps.

"Touch ID" (fingerprint sensor) security. This really works well, and trust me, with my recent experience with trying to buy a used iphone (for a secondary backup phone), and finding out that it was still tied to someone's account, found it impossible to get around. Apple does not play with security! I was quite impressed!

Thinner and lighter - at 6.1mm thin, the iPad Air 2 is the thinnest tablet in the world! And at .96lbs, I believe it also the lightest...

New upgraded Retina display with the same 9.7" 2048x1536 (264ppi) resolution, but now with more tightly bound layers and finally an anti reflective coating for better outdoor viewing.

And of course the amazing iOS 8 and all it's new features. iOS has always done a great job of staying "transparent", in other words, whichever app you might be using comes front and center, rather than the OS. (Windows Phone would be the opposite, where the OS is up front, and apps are second.)

So yes, quite a bit is "new" with the new iPad Air 2, while keeping the tried and true form factor that everyone loves. I do, anyways....

So...not much has changed then? You sound like a walking Apple commercial...

All jokes aside, I like some of those improvements you mentioned.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So...not much has changed then? You sound like a walking Apple commercial...

All jokes aside, I like some of those improvements you mentioned.

Ha! That's what I was going for.. lol

Serious though, it really is that good! I have to brag about it, as the girlfriend did get it for me... So I better be happy with it. ;)

I would never have considered the previous model iPad(s) with their lowly 1GB RAM and dual core SoC if I were going to buy a tablet for myself, but this one actually gets the job done! I've had multiple apps and games open and running, and have yet to see any signs of lag or stutter *snaps fingers* this thing is super fast! And the best part of it all, is I don't have to worry about having the coolest new app that everyone else is using. I have access to them all!

Looking at the Home screen, it appears that nothing has changed from model to model, but under the hood, everything has changed. The iPad Air 2 is a beast!

But of course there will be something new, better, faster, next year, just like always. I'm honestly hoping for a next Gen Surface Pro with better GPU/gaming performance. (if Apple can do it, Microsoft should be able to as well) a Surface Pro 4? And wouldn't it be nice, to hear of that new app that's all the craze, and be able to find it in the Windows Store? I really hope this Windows 10 thing bridges these gaps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster