WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm glad you asked!

To start with, the new iPad Air 2 has the latest and greatest SoC; the all new triple core 64bit "A8X" (a higher clocked version of the A8 found in the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus), as opposed to the dual core A7 chip in the previous iPad Air. Only the new iPad Air 2 has this new A8X chip (the latest iPad Mini is still powered by the A7)

Included in the A8X SoC, is the all new 8 core customized GXA6850 GPU, coupled with Apple's new Metal graphics API, this new GPU completely mops the floor with just about every other tablet on the market. (Surface Pro 3 included!) This new GXA6850 GPU brings desktop/console class graphics and gaming to the iPad Air 2!
(Read more about this here AnandTech | Apple A8X?s GPU - GXA6850, Even Better Than I Thought )

The new M8 motion co-processor and barometer.

2GB of RAM (coming from 1GB in the previous iPad Air)

128 bit DDR3 memory bus (coming from 64bit bus on previous)

2MB L2 cache (coming from 1MB in the previous)

4MB L3 cache

The new 8MP "iSight" camera (as on the iphone 6 and 6plus) coming from the 5MP shooter on the previous iPad Air.

New 802.11ac WiFi w/MIMO and enhanced LTE supporting 20 bands and "LTE advanced" capable of 150Mbps.

"Touch ID" (fingerprint sensor) security. This really works well, and trust me, with my recent experience with trying to buy a used iphone (for a secondary backup phone), and finding out that it was still tied to someone's account, found it impossible to get around. Apple does not play with security! I was quite impressed!

Thinner and lighter - at 6.1mm thin, the iPad Air 2 is the thinnest tablet in the world! And at .96lbs, I believe it also the lightest...

New upgraded Retina display with the same 9.7" 2048x1536 (264ppi) resolution, but now with more tightly bound layers and finally an anti reflective coating for better outdoor viewing.

And of course the amazing iOS 8 and all it's new features. iOS has always done a great job of staying "transparent", in other words, whichever app you might be using comes front and center, rather than the OS. (Windows Phone would be the opposite, where the OS is up front, and apps are second.)

So yes, quite a bit is "new" with the new iPad Air 2, while keeping the tried and true form factor that everyone loves. I do, anyways....

o_O sounds like something apple would say when they are talking about the product :p

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

o_O sounds like something apple would say when they are talking about the product :p
Right, but when you hear it from me, you know it's unbiased, because I love both platforms... And I don't work for either... I just call it like I see it!

Real world experience and results...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

That's what my car club buddies said over on our automotive forums, when I was bragging about the tech specs of my 1020 when I first got it (two phones ago)... I was going on and on about the Pureview camera's capabilities and such... And they're like "gee Ed, what, does Microsoft pay you to come post all that here?"

lol no.... I'm just telling you all about what a great device this is! People are so funny when they just don't want to hear something... It's like they have a mental block. Open your minds people! lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

And of course my day off couldn't have gone by without a little "honey-do"... Had to replace the belt on her vacuum cleaner. Took all of 10 minutes lol

Also cleaned the roller brush while I had it apart.

WP_20150119_13_48_22_Pro.jpg

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's what my car club buddies said over on our automotive forums, when I was bragging about the tech specs of my 1020 when I first got it (two phones ago)... I was going on and on about the Pureview camera's capabilities and such... And they're like "gee Ed, what, does Microsoft pay you to come post all that here?"

lol no.... I'm just telling you all about what a great device this is! People are so funny when they just don't want to hear something... It's like they have a mental block. Open your minds people! lol

Lol here you don't have to worry about that :p we all have our likes and dislikes . And I think it was Mia that pointed out that we all have secondly devices to supplement ourselves .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

And of course my day off couldn't have gone by without a little "honey-do"... Had to replace the belt on her vacuum cleaner. Took all of 10 minutes lol

Also cleaned the roller brush while I had it apart.

View attachment 94249

Oh snap that looks like the old dirt devil I used to have .

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

While we were out buying the vacuum belt, we also picked up a nice absorbent mat for the K-cup machine.

WP_20150119_15_28_45_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Took a nap woke up , and now I'm going to eat fish with salad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05