WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Anyone psyched for tomorrow or do you think its over hyped?

Well it's only over hyped on here. I don't think anyone else really cares.

I'm sure there will be write ups after the fact but in reality no one is really paying much attention. The only article I've seen mentioning tomorrow is the Times and their view wasn't overly positive.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I've seen quite a few tech sites writing about it, mixed views. I agree average Joe doesn't care, but we're not average Joes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've seen quite a few tech sites writing about it, mixed views. I agree average Joe doesn't care, but we're not average Joes.

I haven't seen any links to tech sites. I wouldn't trust most writers on tech sites anyway.

I'd rather just wait and see what tomorrow brings. There's lots of speculation and expectations but truth is we don't really have a clue how things are going to look or work.

I'm keeping my expectations low as all the updates so far have been mediocre in my eyes. So unless they pull something out that really grabs people, I don't see WP gaining much this year either.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Anyone psyched for tomorrow or do you think its over hyped?

I'm psyched! Really looking forward to what they have to say tomorrow... But but I also agree that we've been building it up a little too much (here on the site anyway) and might be setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did you guys hear the rumor about Microsoft revealing a phone-laptop hybrid tomorrow?
I wonder how that would look like...
:)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

One thing I really hope for, is for the new mobile browser (Spartan?) to do away with, or at least make it an option to disable, this stupid "swipe left or right to next or previous web page" thing... Gawd I hate that... When I'm working on typing up a large post on my phone, and go to move over to the left or right, and it swipes the page away... Making me lose everything I just typed..... Errggh!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you guys hear the rumor about Microsoft revealing a phone-laptop hybrid tomorrow?
I wonder how that would look like...
:)

So in other words using the phone as the OS to attach to a 'laptop' type case? So replacing your current laptop?

That would be interesting. That would indicated that the full W10 OS is sitting on the phone and that once attached to this case it would convert to the full W10 OS.

If it's true, as you say. I'll be happy to wait and see though.

Saying that, that's something I would like to see in the future. There's becoming less and less reason why it shouldn't happen. Would be neat if the laptop case adds battery and RAM to the system...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett