WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Msft, how is your snow situation there today? We haven't had any snow here in the UK.

I'm getting off work early in the afternoons for the next few days, that way I can finish the website I'm building and still stay on top of work.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Got to love work places these days. :/ Zero care for employees.

I have to say I don't miss the snow, blizzards or the tropical storms and bush fires. The worst we get here is severe winds and rain. If it snows things grind to a halt regardless.

You could say in a sense that I like moderate weather places. :)

Morning folks. Mass transit still currently suspended. Looks like NYC dodged a major bullet and of course people are complaining as to why government officials overhyped the event. New Yorkers can be something else at times...in 2010 the city was under prepared and got hammered...people ripped the Mayor (Bloomberg) for it. Now some will rip DeBlasio for crying wolf. Just cannot please these folks at all...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

Last edited:

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I use both. I'm a moderate to heavy user. Mostly moderate.

Just asking because cellular data uses battery power much more.I use only cellular data so I have recharge my phone more often than most people.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just asking because cellular data uses battery power much more.I use only cellular data so I have recharge my phone more often than most people.

I kinda have a job and other responsibilities, so as much as I may enjoy messing around on my phone, I value battery life.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

With a Sony Z3 most people get by with 2-3 days of usage. It's only when I use my phone heavily, which isn't that often, do I have to charge once a day.

Most of us here are very aware of what drains a battery...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Msft, how is your snow situation there today? We haven't had any snow here in the UK.

I'm getting off work early in the afternoons for the next few days, that way I can finish the website I'm building and still stay on top of work.

Slacker. :p

I wish I could take the afternoon off and finish my website!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. Mass transit still currently suspended. Looks like NYC dodged a major bullet and of course people are complaining as to why government officials overhyped the event. New Yorkers can be something else at times...in 2010 the city was under prepared and got hammered...people ripped the Mayor (Bloomberg) for it. NP some will rip DeBlasio for crying wolf. Just cannot please these folks at all...

I'm sure you're of the same opinion of humanity as I am. Complaints either way. Too cautious and people scream, not cautious enough and people scream. Can't win.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey I forgot to mention, I found the perfect word for Sahib... esoteric.

I think that suits him to a T.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure you're of the same opinion of humanity as I am. Complaints either way. Too cautious and people scream, not cautious enough and people scream. Can't win.

Yup. Humanity can be dense at times.

The GF is annoying me with her fussing over this whole issue. Personally I do not see why I need to get all worked up to show up to an empty clinic. We're about to put in a new version of the EMR (electronic medical records) anyways starting today, so we would have had reduced number of patients we'd be seeing. Most of our teens are probably staying home since there is no school...so people will have enough sex and stuff where someone will end up in a situation where they'll be in clinic first thing in the morning.

I only wanted to go into work today to save my PTO.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm going to go work for a half day today. I'll wait and then try later on.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Good precaution but I have little doubt there will be enough people out there to cause problems. Never fails.

I don't know how many times I've heard that precaution in my life time.

Well, my dad is in his late 70s, and he said it was the first time he's ever heard them banning driving for the entire state... maybe he's starting to get Alzheimers lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, my dad is in his late 70s, and he said it was the first time he's ever heard them banning driving for the entire state... maybe he's starting to get Alzheimers lol

I'm from Toronto Canada so it may be a bit different. They didn't make it a crime but they did recommend people not drive rather frequently and saying to stay home.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm from Toronto Canada so it may be a bit different. They didn't make it a crime but they did recommend people not drive rather frequently and saying to stay home.

Yeah, idk if they're really "making it a crime" to be out driving.. it's probably just the media overhyping it all as usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99