WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ah US security... Nuff said. One of the reasons why I haven't been to the US in some time.

You're not missing anything. I took a few people to the statue of liberty last year and it felt like I should have gotten on a plane after going through security.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You're not missing anything. I took a few people to the statue of liberty last year and it felt like I should have gotten on a plane after going through security.

Now at airports they have TSA Precheck which is nice. No need to take off shoes, coat, belt, etc and don't have to take anything out of your bag

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

o_O I wouldn't know how bad it is first hand since I've never been on plane but I see how intrusive they are on the news
sent from my rare green linux 830

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So it's 3 weeks owning Moto G 2014. I promised I will write some impressions and now I think is the time :).
First the bad:
Battery isn't great, it's better than it was on Lumia but still not enough for full day. Thing is I use snapchat a lot which is battery hoger and the signal is rubbish at school so this is the reason. Still, would be nice if it was better :)
Google Now launcher, it just isn't good, not very fluid, luckily this is Android so I installed Nova and never looked back.
Next are colours on screen, I'm not saying they are bad but I'm used to Amoled after 2 phones.
The good: General performance, it's generally fluid, the stutter is noticeable but is really not a problem since it's not very frequent. Also better for games, Fifa15 runs fluid but not like I really care since I have tablet.
The resolution of the screen and brightness, screen is just amazing for that price, it just is, minus colours but that is personal.
Camera, incredibly fast and quality is good for that price point, in range of L820 or bit better. And nice bonus are also slow motion videos, amazing, only me and a friend with iPhone 6 have slow motion.
And last, the apps. This was the problem that made me leave WP and I happy with apps on Android I never thought I would be. 1st, apps are there and you are not shaking every time when you are searching for an app.(Snapchat) 2nd, apps actually work. Runtastic on WP is just rubbish. I go running and every evening I tried to open an app it never opened in first try, I usually had to wait for couple of minutes and I I were "lucky" at the end It didn't open. 3rd, apps actually look good. Do I have to say more? Outlook on WP vs. Gmail on Android anyone. Or Runtastic on WP which looks outdated and on Android which just received Material look update. And it's nice to have Google apps, MS might be good if you live in US but it certainly isn't for us in 3rd world countries.

This is it, the build quality is also great, phone fits in hand nicely. And the music output through headphones is much better than on Lumia, at least that is my feeling. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it's 3 weeks owning Moto G 2014. I promised I will write some impressions and now I think is the time :).
First the bad:
Battery isn't great, it's better than it was on Lumia but still not enough for full day. Thing is I use snapchat a lot which is battery hoger and the signal is rubbish at school so this is the reason. Still, would be nice if it was better :)
Google Now launcher, it just isn't good, not very fluid, luckily this is Android so I installed Nova and never looked back.
Next are colours on screen, I'm not saying they are bad but I'm used to Amoled after 2 phones.
The good: General performance, it's generally fluid, the stutter is noticeable but is really not a problem since it's not very frequent. Also better for games, Fifa15 runs fluid but not like I really care since I have tablet.
The resolution of the screen and brightness, screen is just amazing for that price, it just is, minus colours but that is personal.
Camera, incredibly fast and quality is good for that price point, in range of L820 or bit better. And nice bonus are also slow motion videos, amazing, only me and a friend with iPhone 6 have slow motion.
And last, the apps. This was the problem that made me leave WP and I happy with apps on Android I never thought I would be. 1st, apps are there and you are not shaking every time when you are searching for an app.(Snapchat) 2nd, apps actually work. Runtastic on WP is just rubbish. I go running and every evening I tried to open an app it never opened in first try, I usually had to wait for couple of minutes and I I were "lucky" at the end It didn't open. 3rd, apps actually look good. Do I have to say more? Outlook on WP vs. Gmail on Android anyone. Or Runtastic on WP which looks outdated and on Android which just received Material look update. And it's nice to have Google apps, MS might be good if you live in US but it certainly isn't for us in 3rd world countries.

This is it, the build quality is also great, phone fits in hand nicely. And the music output through headphones is much better than on Lumia, at least that is my feeling. :)

Nice review. Moto G is a quality budget Android device for the price bracket it roams in. Glad you like yours.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I actually like MSFT pushing the cheapos after spending time with the 720. If they build the OS up more it would be amazing value for money and really enrich the experience by matching quality hardware on the high end level for those who want to upgrade.

But we've been saying that of since WP7. Let's see what Windows 10 offers...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Nice review. Moto G is a quality budget Android device for the price bracket it roams in. Glad you like yours.

I really like it. It's here to stay for at least a year probably. If they put more memory in Moto X 2015 and better camera I might be interested in it because I really love the shape of it. 5 inches never felt smaller, which is good, for a phone , probably not so good in... 😆

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I decided to put some old pics up on Instragram today that I took in Australia when I lived there. So they're old and with either a DSLR or our point and shoot. They turned out well though. :) I think I'll go searching for more.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I decided to put some old pics up on Instragram today that I took in Australia when I lived there. So they're old and with either a DSLR or our point and shoot. They turned out well though. :) I think I'll go searching for more.

You big on photography?

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

o_O I wouldn't know how bad it is first hand since I've never been on plane but I see how intrusive they are on the news

I've done my fair share of flying, but I've never been one of the x ray machines that I can remember...just the metal detectors. I also haven't really been to any huge airports that I had to go through security.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I went to the dmv to go get mu motorcycle license and i come to say I have it :3 hehehehee I was nervous but now I got it woot !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

so the RT is going down :/ bummer and here I like my RT device. I guess I have to start looking for a new tablet for the future

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo