WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rue, did you get any updates for the Z3? I got 2 this morning...the new Walkman app and its Material design (I'm indifferent about how it looks) and a software update to improve the camera and some bug fixes...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, did you get any updates for the Z3? I got 2 this morning...the new Walkman app and its Material design (I'm indifferent about how it looks) and a software update to improve the camera and some bug fixes...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I got the Walkman one but nothing for the camera. Any idea what the bug fixes for the camera are? I've heard rumours that with 5.02 they'll allow RAW on the Sony. That seems to appeal to a lot of people because they hate the logarithm.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got the Walkman one but nothing for the camera. Any idea what the bug fixes for the camera are? I've heard rumours that with 5.02 they'll allow RAW on the Sony. That seems to appeal to a lot of people because they hate the logarithm.

Gotta research that. Its about time they added RAW support...it's not like the camera wasn't capable of doing it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only thing that annoys me on the Z3 is MMS doesn't work...this is why I don't like carrier phones, even the carrier unlocked ones. Give me a straight CV or the virgin unlocked from the OEM.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

no I have no idea but if its anything like digging holes then im down :3

LOL! Another secret sadist. :p

No, you need to think this -

You're in cold weather and all rugged up. It's still snowing but you just go home from work. The snow is in the driveway and the plough has been through already blocking your drive way. The snow is wet and heavy.

You get your shovel out and start at where the plough has piled the snow about 2-3 feet at the end of your driveway. You can only do small shovel full because the snow weighs so much. By the time you're done clearing that part you're sweating from head to toe but you're freezing at the same time. You then need to clear the rest of the driveway because you have about 6" of wet heavy snow sitting there and if you don't clear it it will turn to ice when the temp drops. By the time you're done, if you don't take a break, you'll be out there for a good 1 to 2 hours. You'll be exhausted, sore back and ready for bed. It doesn't matter how fit you are.

In the morning, you have to clear another 3-4" before going to work...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only thing that annoys me on the Z3 is MMS doesn't work...this is why I don't like carrier phones, even the carrier unlocked ones. Give me a straight CV or the virgin unlocked from the OEM.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I never use MMS...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

LOL! Another secret sadist.

You're in cold weather and all rugged up. It's still snowing but you just go home from work. The snow is in the driveway and the plough has been through already blocking your drive way. The snow is wet and heavy.

You get your shovel out and start at where the plough has piled the snow about 2-3 feet at the end of your driveway. You can only do small shovel full because the snow weighs so much. By the time you're done clearing that part you're sweating from head to toe but you're freezing at the same time. You then need to clear the rest of the driveway because you have about 6" of wet heavy snow sitting there and if you don't clear it it will turn to ice when the temp drops. By the time you're done, if you don't take a break, you'll be out there for a good 1 to 2 hours. You'll be exhausted, sore back and ready for bed. It doesn't matter how fit you are.

Jup, that is the summary. But sahib, if you really love that snow and shoveling you should consider going to Canada for next winter going from house to house offering them to clean their drive way for money. You would probably have enough snow for the rest of your life and you will happily return to sunny California :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

LOL! Another secret sadist. :p

That sounds bleak and crappy :eek: I know I wouldt want to so that after coming back from a place . On top of that depressing since it gets dark by 5:30 .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Jup, that is the summary. But sahib, if you really love that snow and shoveling you should consider going to Canada for next winter going from house to house offering them to clean their drive way for money. You would probably have enough snow for the rest of your life and you will happily return to sunny California :)

I have to head to the mountains or look far off in the valley to see snow. Its so pretty :3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I mentioned before how I'm surrounded by imbeciles here at work every day; here's a fine example:

We've got this guy working here that's been telling me for the last few days that he's going to be getting a "Windows Phone" soon. Of course I encouraged him, as he knows I use Windows Phone and always talk about it and my 1520.

Well, yesterday he came in on his off day (he and his wife :/) to show me his new "Windows Phone". He pulls it out of his pocket and I immediately recognize that it is definitely NOT a Windows Phone. "Umm, that's not a Windows Phone, that's an Android!" I explained. "Yes it is!" He argues back, with his wife chiming in along with him; "Yes it is! It's an HTC, and HTC is Windows Phones" o_O They continued insisting that this phone was a Windows Phone and went out to their car to get the box to "show me" (lol). His wife brings the box in and says "See! Windows Phone!", and points to the picture of the phone on the box, with the "square, window shaped... Uhmm "tiles"???

I had to walk out of the room...

WP_20150129_12_33_34_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire