WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I mentioned before how I'm surrounded by imbeciles here at work every day; here's a fine example:

We've got this guy working here that's been telling me for the last few days that he's going to be getting a "Windows Phone" soon. Of course I encouraged him, as he knows I use Windows Phone and always talk about it and my 1520.

Well, yesterday he came in on his off day (he and his wife :/) to show me his new "Windows Phone". He pulls it out of his pocket and I immediately recognize that it is definitely NOT a Windows Phone. "Umm, that's not a Windows Phone, that's an Android!" I explained. "Yes it is!" He argues back, with his wife chiming in along with him; "Yes it is! It's an HTC, and HTC is Windows Phones" o_O They continued insisting that this phone was a Windows Phone and went out to their car to get the box to "show me" (lol). His wife brings the box in and says "See! Windows Phone!", and points to the picture of the phone on the box, with the "square, window shaped... Uhmm "tiles"???

I had to walk out of the room...

https://vkrlyw.bn1301.livefilestore...KE35LXJTQ/WP_20150129_12_33_34_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Thanks Ed, I needed that laugh...

No surprised there...Boost mobile = Android. Surprisingly enough HTC still has a solid foothold in the Boost lineup. I see a fair amount of these HTCs. And because Boost rides Sprint, that also helps.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I mean, I understand not everyone knows the difference between different phones and different platforms.. and I'd never call someone an ***** for not knowing the difference, but I told them what is was... and what it wasn't, several times! Yet they continued to argue with me. Not to mention it's clearly printed right there on the box. And if they can't read, which evidently is a strong possibility, there's even a little green Android robot dude on the box as well! lol

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Headed to Japanese lesson. Today was an OK day...started out crappy but has gotten better. No complaints overall.

Still annoyed that MMS doesn't work on the Z3. I may eventually change the color and get either a copper or purple model. We'll see.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Headed to Japanese lesson. Today was an OK day...started out crappy but has gotten better. No complaints overall.

Still annoyed that MMS doesn't work on the Z3. I may eventually change the color and get either a copper or purple model. We'll see.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

So the MMS not working is due to the carrier or the phone itself?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just booked one of our hotels for our trip to Norway. :)

We're planning a trip to Finland and then Norway. In Norway we're going from Oslo to Flam to Bergen. Should be good!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the MMS not working is due to the carrier or the phone itself?

Carrier ROM on the phone is the cause. That's also why WiFi tethering doesn't work.

Typically with a true CV or a true unlocked OEM, you put your SIM in, and as long as it is data active, it automatically downloads the settings - with or without a prompt. I plugged in my SIM in the Z Ultra and the settings automatically downloaded. I plugged my SIM into the Z3 and I had to manually enter the settings for data and MMS - a hallmark trait of a carrier branded phone.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just booked one of our hotels for our trip to Norway. :)

We're planning a trip to Finland and then Norway. In Norway we're going from Oslo to Flam to Bergen. Should be good!

I may take the GF to Vegas this summer. Were about to do the preliminary research. She's gone there before and wants to go back.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Rue, to answer your question from earlier, I wouldn't mind visiting Italy (Venice and Rome), Norway, Finland, Holland, Amsterdam, Sweden, Spain, France (Paris), Great Britain (London),

I guess there's quite a few countries I'd like to visit.. Mostly northern Europe though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

None of my apps worked in China. They block everything. Occasionally some stuff would trickle through...got most of my notifications as soon as I landed in Malaysia.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

2c on China trip. They have really transformed Shanghai. The road and rail infrastructure is awesome. They are developing their Tier 2 cities as well. I went to Suzhou for a day. The price of development is the terrible haze/smog over the entire place. Slightly clear skies near the Pudong airport due to the vicinity to the ocean/river delta.

Traffic was quite bad as well. Took 65 minutes to travel 5Km on Thursday evening after work. The rains on Wednesday and Thursday did nothing to clear the hazy skies...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99