WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Rue, to answer your question from earlier, I wouldn't mind visiting Italy (Venice and Rome), Norway, Finland, Holland, Amsterdam, Sweden, Spain, France (Paris), Great Britain (London),

I guess there's quite a few countries I'd like to visit.. Mostly northern Europe though.

If you need any information or inspiration on any of those places let me know. Norway is this year but I've been to the rest and lived in two. :) Well, I'm still living on one. :p

Denmark and Germany are pretty nice as well. Estonia old town is rather nice too and easily reached from Helsinki, Finland.

I know from a money point of view it isn't cheap. When I used to travel from Australia to anywhere it was painful.

You did say you were a chef did you not? Maybe I can convince the wife to let you stay with us for whatever time to wanted. As long as you cooked once or twice. :) :p

My wife has this fantasy of having friends like Jamie Oliver. :p

We tend to be the cooks, of the people we know so far. We're a little different with what we cook though. :)

Posted by my Nexus 7

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I may take the GF to Vegas this summer. Were about to do the preliminary research. She's gone there before and wants to go back.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I'm thinking either next year or the year after to do a trip to the US. Go to some different places. I'll have to visit the family of course. I wouldn't mind going to Vegas again for a day or two. I really want to get to San Francisco and Utah.

Posted by my Nexus 7

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Seems like you already came back from Barcelona :p

The Norway trip is in August. We have plans to go to southern France as well in June our July. It's looking like Finland for Xmas this year. :)

Might do some small trips here and there as well.

Posted by my Nexus 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking either next year or the year after to do a trip to the US. Go to some different places. I'll have to visit the family of course. I wouldn't mind going to Vegas again for a day or two. I really want to get to San Francisco and Utah.

Posted by my Nexus 7

If you end up in NYC, and don't mind doing Ethiopian, I've got a spot for you to check out.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Busy day at work today...we've got one of community partners in the office.

For this partner, once every two months we all them to bring in patients and get seen - kinda like their own special Saturday clinic. Of course, regular walk in Saturday clinic still happens too and I get patients referred to me from both.

Good thing the GF and I may go get Indian food after work.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Carrier ROM on the phone is the cause. That's also why WiFi tethering doesn't work.

Typically with a true CV or a true unlocked OEM, you put your SIM in, and as long as it is data active, it automatically downloads the settings - with or without a prompt. I plugged in my SIM in the Z Ultra and the settings automatically downloaded. I plugged my SIM into the Z3 and I had to manually enter the settings for data and MMS - a hallmark trait of a carrier branded phone.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Just to tie up this point: my 930 is a more of a truer CV (French). Even though it has the French carrier apps on it, the settings automatically downloaded. Some European countries have their phones like that.

My white 920 was a true CV - Polish. No bloat at all. So was the 925 and 1520.3.

Telus I read on Xperia blog has some issues with conforming to the hotspot standard in Canada, that's why WiFi tethering isn't working. Gonna test it on the Z3 later because I got an update yesterday and Sony stated they were working on a fix.

It's little things like these makes me avoid carrier phones like we avoided Sahib back in the day when her used to prattle on and on and one about his ex...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

If you need any information or inspiration on any of those places let me know.

Thanks.
You did say you were a chef did you not? Maybe I can convince the wife to let you stay with us for whatever time to wanted. As long as you cooked once or twice. :) :p

I am indeed. If and when I ever decide to take a vacation and make a trip across the pond, consider it a deal.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow! I went to work and saw a ton of patients and it got quiet here. Oh well...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This week's work has finally ended. Off to Indian food and rest for internship tomorrow.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte