WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

"Absorb orders" from the boss? Haha.

Guess you've never seen a typo and putting carjacked's earlier post of "I barely read" into practice.

Notice Rue said it was a "coworker", not a " boss". That's why I said hang that air freshener that absorbs odors. If it was a boss, hang a more subtle one up...but still hang it anyways.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like it so far, it now looks professional unlike the 2.3 version.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Never liked miui or emui. I saw why both, especially miui was so popular. I was impressed though at emui 3.0 though. If Huawei cleans up the software, they'll keep doing well.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Never liked miui or emui. I saw why both, especially miui was so popular. I was impressed though at emui 3.0 though. If Huawei cleans up the software, they'll keep doing well.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
To be honest, I still like Sony's version, or I was just used to it having married to an Xperia for two years. So when I got my girl the C3, it's oh do familiar.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Mia, how are your Japanese lessons going?

They're going. I post in Japanese here from time to time. It is tough: I work full time, I commute 3-4hours roundtrip daily (2hrs when I stay at the GF's), I'm a full time student, and I work for free (the internship) 2 days a week.

Sensei is understanding and is an amazing Sensei and very good classical pianist (she teaches that too), but deep down I know she feels I should be a bit further along - more fluid an more confident.

I just don't use it enough, which is the problem. Japanese people aren't the easiest to find in the city. I'd want a language partner...males I don't mind because at least they're a little more likely to learn. I'd rather a female because the ones I've been cool with have really appreciated the cultural exchange more. Problem is, there are a fair amount of guys here who try to parlay that into a sexual liaison type thing. It makes that stigma harder for regular joes like me...and when you look like me and are speaking Japanese, it takes some Japanese folks a second or two to make the adjustment.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

They're going. I post in Japanese here from time to time. It is tough: I work full time, I commute 3-4hours roundtrip daily (2hrs when I stay at the GF's), I'm a full time student, and I work for free (the internship) 2 days a week.

Sensei is understanding and is an amazing Sensei and very good classical pianist (she teaches that too), but deep down I know she feels I should be a bit further along - more fluid an more confident.

I just don't use it enough, which is the problem. Japanese people aren't the easiest to find in the city. I'd want a language partner...males I don't mind because at least they're a little more likely to learn. I'd rather a female because the ones I've been cool with have really appreciated the cultural exchange more. Problem is, there are a fair amount of guys here who try to parlay that into a sexual liaison type thing. It makes that stigma harder for regular joes like me...and when you look like me and are speaking Japanese, it takes some Japanese folks a second or two to make the adjustment.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

You know Japanese is one of the languages that I would really like to learn in my lifetime.I recently started developing an interest in Japanese culture and language. Right now I only know what the word Kimono means and how to say the sentence "I know your listening" in Japanese.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, I still like Sony's version, or I was just used to it having married to an Xperia for two years. So when I got my girl the C3, it's oh do familiar.

I like Sony's too. That's why I dug around for the APK and have it on my N7. My issue with the new version for Sony is that they literally took the G.E.L. and merely added their uninstall sidebar, the clunky adding shortcut setup and the ability to remove and add home screens. The biggest knock I have on the G.E.L. is how big they make the icons. Visually, it looks cluttered...at least, to me. I liked Sony's 6.0 (the OG Z2 one) because the icons were a little smaller, giving the app drawer a cleaner look.

I want to use the Z launcher aa my default, but I want the icons just a hair bigger.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know Japanese is one of the languages that I would really like to learn in my lifetime.I recently started developing an interest in Japanese culture and language. Right now I only know what the word Kimono means and how to say the sentence "I know your listening" in Japanese.

It's a nice language to learn. If we are talking between Mandarin/Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean, Korean is the easiest of the 3. Mandarin/Cantonese is damn hard because of how contextual and inflection driven it is. Japanese is still not easy either...harder than Korean but easier than Mandarin/Cantonese.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

It's a nice language to learn. If we are talking between Mandarin/Cantonese, Japanese, and Korean, Korean is the easiest of the 3. Mandarin/Cantonese is damn hard because of how contextual and inflection driven it is. Japanese is still not easy either...harder than Korean but easier than Mandarin/Cantonese.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Any tips on where and how to begin learning Japanese? And most importantly can I learn it online or by using an app on my windows phone?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Not available in my country. Argh. Thanks folks, appreciate it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the idea of absorbing orders... :p

On the whole I'll have a look at that. Even air fresheners make me sneeze.

I intern with homeless youth, and I have some young people at the regular job come in high, smelling like cigarettes, or with strong BO's. Because I have an office, I keep a spray handy. Every once in a while at work I'll talk to a patient about their BO if it is truly overpowering. Homeless youth get a pass on it at the internship, unless it is really outrageous.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I intern with homeless youth, and I have some young people at the regular job come in high, smelling like cigarettes, or with strong BO's. Because I have an office, I keep a spray handy. Every once in a while at work I'll talk to a patient about their BO if it is truly overpowering. Homeless youth get a pass on it at the internship, unless it is really outrageous.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I sooo hate cigarettes, smoking and everything related to it. God!I wish the world would be rid of this filth.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Any tips on where and how to begin learning Japanese? And most importantly can I learn it online or by using an app on my windows phone?

You're gonna need to learning 3 alphabets: hiragana (native Japanese words), katakana (non-native Japanese words), and Kanji..."Chinese" symbols used to replace hiragana or katakana words or letters.

Native Japanese have to learn 1854 kanji to complete high school. Don't worry, even on Japanese news if there is a kanji they think people don't know they put the corresponding hiragana or katakana. Both my Sense is who have taught me Japanese know at least 5000 kanji. I am familiar (as in can kinda recognize) with about 1000 myself, of which, about 250-300 I can easily recall.

YouTube can help. Good stuff to start off with is to learn both hiragana and katakana, as there is a standard number of those. Pay attention to stroke order, of you're into learning to write too. Then look at basics like the greetings, days in the week, colors, numbers, months of the year, present and simple past tense of verbs. That'll be good enough to start.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa