WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

But agree, there are some that are not seeing it for what it is; a technical preview, which is basically a beta release software. I think the problem is, too much confidence has been built up by users using the dev preview OS and they think this will be the same issue free ride.
I'm not so sure if it's the confidence thing or more the update for the sake of updates mentality that exists. This seems more likely the issue and that sense of missing out.

I think once the TP releases I'll just ignore any posts that mention it, like I do with the W10 TP.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Hmm do those other phones have all the sensor core stuff like the 1520/930 does? I'm trying think what would cause the battery hogging that the 1520 exhibits. I don't have anything to compare the battery life to other than my previous WPs (920, 1020) and all my previous iPhones... So to me, the 1520's mileage is pretty stellar.
They do, all snapdragon x00 series have it, even my 400.

Sent from my Motorola Moto G 2014

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

been playing around with my homescreen and folder tiles on my 930 (for about the 100th time) - really wish i had a double, double wide tile/large square

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

been playing around with my homescreen and folder tiles on my 930 (for about the 100th time) - really wish i had a double, double wide tile/large square

That may be coming. :)

I'm looking forward to see what W10 on phones will be like. I have my L920 still to play with. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just came back from a meeting... it had an ominous feel to it and we were all a bit worried. Thankfully it was only a start of cost cutting exercises so no impact on us, yet. Not that I'm worried really.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That may be coming. :)

I'm looking forward to see what W10 on phones will be like. I have my L920 still to play with. :)

Yeah looking forward to it as well - ive got twitter followers grouped into folders on a double wide tile - i can see when they've posted but its hard to read - large square would make it easier to glance at rather than opening the folder tile

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah looking forward to it as well - ive got twitter followers grouped into folders on a double wide tile - i can see when they've posted but its hard to read - large square would make it easier to glance at rather than opening the folder tile

I don't use twitter that often... didn't use it at all on WP really. I use it a touch more currently with a group I'm a part of.

Though a lot of people have made much of the tile thing I think a great innovation would be more widget like with it updating in real time and still have animations.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't use twitter that often... didn't use it at all on WP really. I use it a touch more currently with a group I'm a part of.

Though a lot of people have made much of the tile thing I think a great innovation would be more widget like with it updating in real time and still have animations.

I can't not use twitter. Have to be on there almost daily to promote myself or others just to keep what i do in people minds.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't not use twitter. Have to be on there almost daily to promote myself or others just to keep what i do in people minds.

Totally understand. Social media is a big part of marketing these days and it takes up a lot of time too. My wife is trying to get someone to do it for her community interest company on a volunteer basis.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I seriously need to talk to my lead to move my desk or when we do a desk move to put me away from the guy who bathes himself in cologne. It's giving me a headache... now along with the stuffed nose and watery eyes.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I seriously need to talk to my lead to move my desk or when we do a desk move to put me away from the guy who bathes himself in cologne. It's giving me a headache... now along with the stuffed nose and watery eyes.

Lets hope your evil plan is successful.😈

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm do those other phones have all the sensor core stuff like the 1520/930 does? I'm trying think what would cause the battery hogging that the 1520 exhibits. I don't have anything to compare the battery life to other than my previous WPs (920, 1020) and all my previous iPhones... So to me, the 1520's mileage is pretty stellar.

Not necessarily. I can only speak from my experience to say that bigger batteries can tend to lead to better performance. I think Nokia did a good job with the 1520 of really tweaking things and getting a good balance between battery life and performance. While one can argue that Android is a little more power hungry than WP, battery seems a bit better on the M8 for Windows than the 930, due to the newer chips and slightly bigger battery.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Yes I know you mentioned this. I should look into it. Just haven't had the chance. Still, there's a move coming so asking to be away from said individual as part of my well being should be accepted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte