WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I've decided to only install official updates for WP on my 930. I don't find the preview thing as exciting or interesting. If I had a 8X or 810, then sure. Otherwise, I'll just wait.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Morning folks. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I've decided to only install official updates for WP on my 930. I don't find the preview thing as exciting or interesting. If I had a 8X or 810, then sure. Otherwise, I'll just wait.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Me too. I'll wait for a so-called consumer preview.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3

That's understandable. The only reason I'll do it is because I'm not using my L920.

There was someone on one thread who was checking every 30mins for the TP.... that's a bit OTT...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Question for all:

Any tips in how to recover data for a corrupted word document (2003 Word format) from a USB drive?

I'm trying to recover a thesis draft for a friend after yelling at her as to WTF she was still saving this thing on a USB drive instead of on the cloud - especially since she has Office 365. And an iPad I bought her to boot.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's understandable. The only reason I'll do it is because I'm not using my L920.

There was someone on one thread who was checking every 30mins for the TP.... that's a bit OTT...

I just don't care for the hype anymore around updates. Apple created that anyways. My devices work just fine with their current software (except for my N7's lag), so I can wait for updates. There are more important things in life to be this anal about.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just don't care for the hype anymore around updates. Apple created that anyways. My devices work just fine with their current software (except for my N7's lag), so I can wait for updates. There are more important things in life to be this anal about.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I totally agree. I don't get the hype over wanting to install beta software on a daily driver. I don't see why you would want to do that. I don't get the excessive excitement over it either. The only reason I'm doing it is because I can.

As for the N7, I found after I did a reset that it works a lot smoother now. I have 5.02 installed. Apparently 5.1 is coming...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Question for all:

Any tips in how to recover data for a corrupted word document (2003 Word format) from a USB drive?

I'm trying to recover a thesis draft for a friend after yelling at her as to WTF she was still saving this thing on a USB drive instead of on the cloud - especially since she has Office 365. And an iPad I bought her to boot.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

You can try this - DataNumen Word Repair - Powerful Word recovery tool. Recover corrupt Word documents. Repair doc files.

Or online - https://online.officerecovery.com/word/

You can also try doing a scan on the USB drive to see if that helps at all. Check disk.

It's been a while since I had to do something like this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can try this - DataNumen Word Repair - Powerful Word recovery tool. Recover corrupt Word documents. Repair doc files.

Or online - https://online.officerecovery.com/word/

You can also try doing a scan on the USB drive to see if that helps at all. Check disk.

It's been a while since I had to do something like this.

I'm headed into work a little earlier to try to see what I can do to help her out. I recovered something yesterday/last night but she's got tables and graphs in there so I need to see what I can do to try to get those back.

This is why I throw nearly all my important documents on my Onedrive. Yes, I almost exclusively wrote my papers on my T100, but I sync much of my stuff online. I don't use flash drives at all to avoid this. I suppose I'm used to doing things like this anyways since I'm platform agnostic and want to be able to access my readings and notes for school from any device I own.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree. I don't get the hype over wanting to install beta software on a daily driver. I don't see why you would want to do that. I don't get the excessive excitement over it either. The only reason I'm doing it is because I can.

As for the N7, I found after I did a reset that it works a lot smoother now. I have 5.02 installed. Apparently 5.1 is coming...

Well, mine is rooted because there some data I ported over that I am not going to lose. I usually like to wait until they get root before upgrading but in the meantime the memory leak issue on this thing makes me want to throw it at my i-d-i-o-t supervisor at work at times.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

it always amuses me with people of the older generation with windows phones - no offence to anyone over 50 here - but they just don't seem to make full use of WP8.1 - they see my highly customised start screen and pull out there own and they haven't customised it in any way - most have plain tiles - no folders - no picture background - and tiles they don't use. At the end of the day if they only use it for calls and texts that's perfectly fine - but why get a Lumia 930 when your not going to use it to full potential?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster