WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some days I really don't like this job. It might be time to start looking for another, casually.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some days I really don't like this job. It might be time to start looking for another, casually.

Be sure to find a place you like to work at. Money isn't everything. Environment and people are just as important. Also, doing what you want to do helps. :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Whew, good evening, everyone.I finally got over the hump on my research project (and my foray into economics, to a certain extent), which explains my presence here.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Be sure to save up cash, as well. Invest in stuff that saves you cash, like a vegetable patch or a chicken coop, if you can.I really find it weird that some people consider it more important to get the latest and "greatest" smart device rather than keep their personal finances in order.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really find it weird that some people consider it more important to get the latest and "greatest" smart device rather than keep their personal finances in order.

No different than people going bonkers over a Technical Preview because they don't understand it's not an 'update'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of finances....

I don't own a home currently so this might not be such a big deal to some but after moving countries four times and a whole bunch of other expenses, today is my first day being 100% debt free in some time. It felt rather anticlimactic I have do admit.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of finances....I don't own a home currently so this might not be such a big deal to some but after moving countries four times and a whole bunch of other expenses, today is my first day being 100% debt free in some time. It felt rather anticlimactic I have do admit.
Don't worry, just think that you no longer owe anything to your future self.Just remember to borrow once interest rates for you drop to subzero levels.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't worry, just think that you no longer owe anything to your future self.Just remember to borrow once interest rates for you drop to subzero levels.

Any future borrowing will be for a home and being honest if I could avoid that I would. I'm thinking next year to possibly the next for a home.

Banks will never have sub zero interest. You'll always be paying on top of that for their 'services'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I find the former situation very worrying, I find this situation hilarious,It's different.

Same mentality however. Consumer driven mentality is what we've been brainwashed with. Younger people (yourself being slightly different) are even worse. It's all about 'stuff'.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Any future borrowing will be for a home and being honest if I could avoid that I would. I'm thinking next year to possibly the next for a home.Banks will never have sub zero interest. You'll always be paying on top of that for their 'services'.
Oh, really? link
NIRP and NDRP. The "new normal."

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Same mentality however. Consumer driven mentality is what we've been brainwashed with. Younger people (yourself being slightly different) are even worse. It's all about 'stuff'.
How else can Apple garner an US$18 billion profit in a quarter?

Also, Keynesian economists would somehow think that this consumerism is a good thing. Keynesian multiplier effect.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

How else can Apple garner an US$18 billion profit in a quarter?

Also, Keynesian economists would somehow think that this consumerism is a good thing. Keynesian multiplier effect.

Yes very true. It's always up and more up. Did you know that most financial markets do nothing but trade debt? That's what makes rich people richer.. by making poorer people acquire debt.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes very true. It's always up and more up. Did you know that most financial markets do nothing but trade debt? That's what makes rich people richer.. by making poorer people acquire debt.
There is always more debt - or credit - in the system than there is to repay it.That's why inflation, or the controlled devaluation of a currency, is a thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers