WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Are you a rooter? If so, root it from 5.0.2 and up. I'm on 5.0.1 and the memory leaks for me are bad enough for me go "crash something, smash something" (Method Man + Redman reference) at times.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
I actually have an Acer Iconia 7 that was abandoned by Acer as far as the firmware goes. I wanted to root it to Kit Kat but I can't find any ROM. And because I'm sometimes lazy, I thought of the Nexus...

... or a previous gen iPad Air and be happy like Ed. He he

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I went to bed annoyed at my internet provider. The thing dropped out at a very bad time. I was doing some banking.
Similar thing happened here; the power went out.. Which of course didn't affect me on my iPad, but the GF and her kid were freaking out, and the wifi went out obviously, all their PCs in the house rebooting etc (except for mine which are on a UPS backup power/conditioner). The power came right back on (storm related.. It's been raining heavy all day here) and then off again a couple times, flickering on and off.. Ended up just going to bed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Understand. I just worry about people who burn themselves out. It's not a good thing.

Yes, it is. My current job has taught me this one well.

Still, I'm halfway through my MSW with a 3.78 GPA amidst all this meat grinder schedule. So I must be doing something well enough...

"Survive and advance" is my motto these days...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Be sure to find a place you like to work at. Money isn't everything. Environment and people are just as important. Also, doing what you want to do helps. :)
Yup! That's what they say... Once you find something you truly enjoy doing, you'll never have to work another day in your life.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup! That's what they say... Once you find something you truly enjoy doing, you'll never have to work another day in your life.

That's semi true. :p

My wife is a professional career counsellor/coach. She's a realist when it comes to careers. Lots of people think there are 'dream' jobs but they simply don't exist for everyone. A career is a complex thing that we oversimplify all too often.

That doesn't mean you can't enjoy your work or think it's a dream but there are lots of mistakes that people make about what a 'dream' job truly is.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, first generation.

I wouldn't touch it because of some of the charging issues I've heard and the fact it is now a 3 y.o. tablet in Android years..unless you're getting it for an insanely, insanely cheap price.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I need a vacation from this giant shredder that is my current schedule.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I'm with ya on this! I haven't had one in about 3-4 years... Been working 6 days a week, around 65-70 hours a week.

I am SO tired!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't touch it because of some of the charging issues I've heard and the fact it is now a 3 y.o. tablet in Android years..unless you're getting it for an insanely, insanely cheap price.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
Thanks, appreciate it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can be such a food snob, I swear...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

LOL! :D

Take on the basis of experience.

To give you an idea of what my favourite is - dark chocolate fudge brownie with hazel nuts

It's simplistic but very yummy. I often find some things are overly sweet and I've knocked down my sweet tooth somewhat over the years. The idea of a Oreo brownie makes my teeth ache.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

My last one was 2012...last full blown official one was 2010.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Sounds like we're both overdue.

I'd like to take a week off this spring/early summer and go spend it with my father up in MA., out on the Cape (Cape Cod - S. Yarmouth is where he lives).

The only problem here, is finding someone competent enough to "be me" while I'm gone...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like we're both overdue.

I'd like to take a week off this spring/early summer and go spend it with my father up in MA., out on the Cape (Cape Cod - S. Yarmouth is where he lives).

The only problem here, is finding someone competent enough to "be me" while I'm gone...

Indeed. I learned a long time ago that the work will still be there whether you there or not, so make sure to get a very good night's sleep the night before you return to work from vacation.

One of my friends would like to visit in may, so that's no vacation. The GF and I are in preliminary talks about a Vegas trip in August...well see how that goes.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll just keep quiet about that over in this corner...

You and yours have been taking enough vacations for all the regulars here, so that's cool. Gotta live vicariously through Rue sometimes...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa