WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This??? Is the 100k post? lol

...and I was sleeping through it all. Congrats on hitting the mark Sahib!

I had to think of something simple and that was going to fit at the time :p and they did simmer

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Just popping in to say today's generation of 20 something year olds don't know a d-a-m-n thing about music. That is all...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry Sahib, but that means you too lol

Kayne West? Even his "old stuff" (which I probably have socks older than) doesn't qualify...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

But *sigh* ...it is what it is I guess. If all people had to do to "make music" back in the day, was push a button, they'd have done it then too. Back then, you had to learn how to play an instrument.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Im not going to say I don't listen some new music but I prefer older. My favourites are:
Opus, Live is life
Joan Jett I love rock and roll
ACDC High way to hell
Status Quo Rocking all over the world,
Dire Straits Walk of life
I could go further but I'm too lazy

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy TabPro 10.1

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

But *sigh* ...it is what it is I guess. If all people had to do to "make music" back in the day, was push a button, they'd have done it then too. Back then, you had to learn how to play an instrument.

Your parents may have said the same thing about the music you liked growing up, so some things never change.

But I will agree to some degree and say much of the commercially pushed music is crap designed to titilate your ears for 2 seconds before you move onto something else...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sooooo.... here's a little story.

In the last month we've had issues with small appliances. It's been all a bit silly but thankfully we didn't have to pay money for new things, except for those we wanted new. So what's happened?

First thing to go was my wife's curling iron, which was replaced by warranty.

Then our newish citrus juicer went, it appeared like a manufacturer defect. The motor went. It got replaced.

After that, our toaster, just around a year old, one side went on our four slice toaster. We got a credit which allowed us to get a new one. Since we changed colours we needed a new kettle. So we managed to get both with only paying a bit extra, better quality. The old kettle is going to charity.

Lastly our microwave, a very cheap one, that we bought when we first moved here is looking rough around the edges so we decided to buy a new one. We want to give it to charity because it still works but we're going to check first.

So we pretty much replaced most of our kitchen small appliances.

It's been fun... :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just popping in to say today's generation of 20 something year olds don't know a d-a-m-n thing about music. That is all...

That must have come from somewhere...

There's some decent new bands. Have you had a listen to Royal Blood?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Your parents may have said the same thing about the music you liked growing up, so some things never change.

But I will agree to some degree and say much of the commercially pushed music is crap designed to titilate your ears for 2 seconds before you move onto something else...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Of course they did, but at least my generation, and even the next generation through the 80's was still playing instruments... Performing real music, and displaying real talent.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There certainly are but do 20 year olds listen to them?

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy TabPro 10.1

I think music is one of those things. Most of my music listening is by mood and some by just wanting to listen to a certain song.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey I'm 20!

Sorry to hear that lol... You missed out on so much. Back before the internet, and even before most homes had cable tv, people used to have to save up their money and go to the record store and buy albums from their favorite artists. And only on those album covers, or in magazines, would you get a chance to see your idols. Then, when your favorite band/artist came to town for a concert, it would draw hundreds of thousands..and it was just magical. Those days are gone forever..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99