WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I shouldn't be so heartless but sometimes those feelings happen. I'm all for nature and stuff, but hey, even death happens in nature too.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

I think rats are the exception :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think rats are the exception :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Everything has it's place in nature. Rats (rodents in general) are pests because they are the most adaptable to the situation, so they become a problem. Same goes for most insects. Things thrive in the right conditions.

In Australia due to farmers having damns kangaroos are becoming a pest as are camels because they have optimal situations to do so. Zero predators and lots of food and water.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I shouldn't be so heartless but sometimes those feelings happen. I'm all for nature and stuff, but hey, even death happens in nature too.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

As much as I dislike harming other creatures I see it as reality in the right circumstances. As you say, death is part of reality.

I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and I totally understand the food cycle that's why I'm against large meat consumption. Not only for our health but for the health of the planet.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, got my 1520 back yesterday and it seemed to be all in order until the screen started to become unresponsive at times... Did a phone reset to factory and that kept the screen from becoming unresponsive in all but one scenario, sometimes when you hold the back button and the app switching screen pops up, you can't scroll left, swipe an app down or press the x... Did some searching online and found that disabling glance, "seems" to fix that issue.

I'm wondering if maybe using the Nokia recovery tool might reset the screen or possibly update a firmware on the screen (if there even is such a thing???)?

Anyone think that would help?

While I don't need glance, I'm just trying to figure out if I should take the phone back to the repair shop.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Well that's odd, after downloading a couple of updates, got a welcome message for the denim update and some of the screen issues seem to have gone away... Although it seems the light sensor isn't adjusting the brightness.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Just thinking of appropriate ways to demouse my apartment. Somehow I'm not feeling these human options one bit...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

One thing the GF and I learned is, if they're in the walls/ceiling/rafters, you don't want to use rat poison. They'll take it back up into their nests where they hide (and where you'll never find them) and die there.. Then you'll be stuck with the smell of rotten, decomposing rats stinking up the entire building.
We ended up moving from that house because it got so bad...

First, figure out where their entry and exit points are. Usually a hole somewhere Use old school mechanical rat traps with a little bit of peanut butter around and along the path they take. Here's the important part; before you take the traps out of the package, put on some vinyl or latex gloves before handling and setting the traps. The rats/mice are smart, and can smell the human touch on things, and will avoid the traps if they smell you on it.

Good luck!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well that's odd, after downloading a couple of updates, got a welcome message for the denim update and some of the screen issues seem to have gone away... Although it seems the light sensor isn't adjusting the brightness.

Have you tired after that soft resting your device ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

One thing the GF and I learned is, if they're in the walls/ceiling/rafters, you don't want to use rat poison. They'll take it back up into their nests where they hide (and where you'll never find them) and die there.. Then you'll be stuck with the smell of rotten, decomposing rats stinking up the entire building.

We ended up moving from that house because it got so bad...

First, figure out where their entry and exit points are. Usually a hole somewhere Use old school mechanical rat traps with a little bit of peanut butter around and along the path they take. Here's the important part; before you take the traps out of the package, put on some vinyl or latex gloves before handling and setting the traps. The rats/mice are smart, and can smell the human touch on things, and will avoid the traps if they smell you on it.

Good luck!

Wow that's very detailed ...have you even thought about becoming an exterminator and have a catchphrase" ill be back "

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99