WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

im not though, im just saying I had to go over a section on physics and I had trouble wrapping my head around it :/
There are plenty of things in physics that are difficult to grasp. Just ask anyone who has been trying to discover the Higgs boson☺

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

oh ok well thanks for the clarification
Don't buy dimmable unless you have a dimmer. No point paying the extra cash.

Obviously the lower the wattage equivalent the lower the LED true wattage.

Most people just replace what you have, though you should consider if you can go lower. If, for example, your lighting fixture has three bulbs in it, all at 50W, do you need that much light?

Also, be sure to buy wide angle as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

alright also another thing does the wattage matter between LED( idk what to call them now) say if I had to chose between a 60 watt LED or a 70 watt LED what one would be a better choice ?
Depends. Watts is the power consumption, more wattage means a higher electric bill. But too low wattage and the brightness of the light might not be enough. You need to determine what lumen level lights do you want and then settle on the lowest wattage in that lumen range to get the most efficient bulb.
I'll stop blubbering about bulbs now😀

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Depends. Watts is the power consumption, more wattage means a higher electric bill. But too low wattage and the brightness of the light might not be enough. You need to determine what lumen level lights do you want and then settle on the lowest wattage in that lumen range to get the most efficient bulb.
I'll stop blubbering about bulbs now😀
You'll confused him now. most people don't go by lumen output.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

yes I said chemistry because that was the class I took in high school. during the course my class went over a physics section just to give you a general gist of it and I had trouble understanding it
That would be related to physical chemistry which is quite different than physics per se.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Don't buy dimmable unless you have a dimmer. No point paying the extra cash.

Obviously the lower the wattage equivalent the lower the LED true wattage.

Most people just replace what you have, though you should consider if you can go lower. If, for example, your lighting fixture has three bulbs in it, all at 50W, do you need that much light?

Also, be sure to buy wide angle as well.

oh ok .... makes sense ..

nope that is something I didn't think of. I was just planning to replace all the old CFL light blubs with light blub replacements

does it have to do with the nature of LED only pointing in one direction ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'll stop blubbering about bulbs now��

ok now that is getting into specifics :confused: how am I suppost to figure that out ._.? all I know 60 watts seems to be the starting place

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

ok now that is getting into specifics :confused: how am I suppost to figure that out ._.? all I know 60 watts seems to be the starting place
Go to Home Depot and look at the various light type bulbs, then once you like the type of light settle on wattage and then the LED bulb. Easy, peasy...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That would be related to physical chemistry which is quite different than physics per se.

but it wasn't that :/ the reason why they wanted us to go over physics was that next year ( at the time I was a junior) they were going to offer physics and wanted us to learn a little bit of physics hoping it would interest some students ( obviously it did ). I didn't take it because I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo