WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What can i say? It's typical Rue stuff...and stuff I knew already so it was a nice refresher for me.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I didn't know I had a 'typical' me. :p

I tried to give an overview as much as I could. If there's any questions I can answer them fairly easily. I guess I'll see. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There's always trouble translating that. :p

He got simple Japanese. Here's the translation:

"Good morning. I'm tired. Today I am going to work, then I am going to school. How are you?"

Straight hiragana. No kanji to get him used to reading the language. If he's serious about learning, writing in romanji doesn't cut it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

"Good morning. I'm tired. Today I am going to work, then I am going to school. How are you?"

Straight hiragana. No kanji to get him used to reading the language. If he's serious about learning, writing in romanji doesn't cut it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

The Google translate did a decent job but it messed up some of it. I understood what you meant. Was just amusing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll install the Japanese keyboard some other time.

MSFT has my favorite setup for keyboards for Japanese on WP. Really easy to use. On my Z3 I had to so a bit more toggling between keyboards than I'd like.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I always wanted to practice my calligraphy skills on Japanese writing. Oh well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll install the Japanese keyboard some other time.

The problem you may run into is that some words you'll type you'll see them the regular way, which means it'll include the kanji. If what I just wrote confuses you, that'll frustrate you more than BP being locked in a room filled with fresh pastries hidden behind 3 layers of unbreakable glass (the vets will get this).

If you're serious you have to get used to seeing hiragana and katakana first. Learn those alphabets and practice writing new words you learn in those alphabets first.

You cannot run before you learn how to crawl.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

The problem you may run into is that some words you'll type you'll see them the regular way, which means it'll include the kanji. If what I just wrote confuses you, that'll frustrate you more than BP being locked in a room filled with fresh pastries hidden behind 3 layers of unbreakable glass (the vets will get this).

If you're serious you have to get used to seeing hiragana and katakana first. Learn those alphabets and practice writing new words you learn in those alphabets first.

You cannot run before you learn how to crawl.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Please, guide me, Sensei!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I always wanted to practice my calligraphy skills on Japanese writing. Oh well.

YouTube. They've got good videos showing stroke order. Doing Japanese calligraphy with the traditional ink, brush and paper can be very relaxing.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't know I had a 'typical' me. :p

I tried to give an overview as much as I could. If there's any questions I can answer them fairly easily. I guess I'll see. :)

You went the informative route, which with Sahib is often necessary. Hence, "typical Rue". Lol.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a fan of small minded mentality. Saw some more of that on the bus coming in.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05