WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have a question for you. I've always had difficulty saying that name. How is it said correctly?

Where in Massachusetts?

Mass-uh-chew-sits

I live in western Mass which is right on the New York border. Everyone I meet is like "Oh do you live in Boston?" Nope...couldn't be farther from it hahah. If you tell anyone you that you live in Massachusetts, they immediately think you live in Boston

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Mass-uh-chew-sits

I live in western Mass which is right on the New York border. Everyone I meet is like "Oh do you live in Boston?" Nope...couldn't be farther from it hahah. If you tell anyone you that you live in Massachusetts, they immediately think you live in Boston

I'll probably still get it wrong in the future... :p

That's to be expected I guess as it's the big city. :) Similar with most other states in the US.

I get the problem that when I tell people I'm Canadian the first thing they tell me is that they've been to Vancouver or Calgary. I mention Toronto and I usually get blank stares or the other one of, oh I always wanted to go there... Toronto couldn't be further from either of those two places. :p

You'd think coming from the largest city in Canada would mean something... oh well. :p

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably still get it wrong in the future... :p

That's to be expected I guess as it's the big city. :) Similar with most other states in the US.

I get the problem that when I tell people I'm Canadian the first thing they tell me is that they've been to Vancouver or Calgary. I mention Toronto and I usually get blank stares or the other one of, oh I always wanted to go there... Toronto couldn't be further from either of those two places. :p

You'd think coming from the largest city in Canada would mean something... oh well. :p

Really? No one mentions Toronto? For the record, I've never heard anyone mention Calgary in the places of Canada they've been or want to go. Always Toronto, Quebec City, and Vancouver

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Really? No one mentions Toronto? For the record, I've never heard anyone mention Calgary in the places of Canada they've been or want to go. Always Toronto, Quebec City, and Vancouver

I'd be lying if I said otherwise. :p Not sure why it is but no one ever says Toronto or Montreal, well I don't sound French. :p

Not sure if it's an EU thing or what but it's always Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver. If you're into mountains Calgary is where you want to be.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'd be lying if I said otherwise. :p Not sure why it is but no one ever says Toronto or Montreal, well I don't sound French. :p

Not sure if it's an EU thing or what but it's always Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver. If you're into mountains Calgary is where you want to be.

I don't know where Edmonton is. I think I've heard the name, but that's it lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know where Edmonton is. I think I've heard the name, but that's it lol

Calgary and Edmonton are both in Alberta. Edmonton is further north and has one of the largest malls in world. It's also the capital of Alberta. Alberta is the province (similar to state).

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I just don't understand it personally. Do you really want people to know you're typing on your phone?

I shut off the sounds and the vibration feedback.

I leave on the vibration feedback for the Windows/search/back buttons on my Icon, but they're just for feel really and aren't loud enough for others to hear

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss