WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's fine. I've just been trying to figure out what's so special about 6tag. I wasn't into Instagram initially but I don't mind it now. It's not as bad as other social networks in general but the whole selfie thing is a touch annoying.

I just don't see a point really. First off, their terms of service state that they own anything you post, so your pictures become theirs. And anything I actually want to share (my shots that are actually good) I want to be mine. And also, I want to edit my good shots in Lightroom and Photoshop, not some amateur Instagram filters.

I get it that it's mainly used for just smartphone photos, but a lot of people use it thinking they're pros. I don't want to be associated with them hahahah

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My living room reeks of peppermint oil...bedroom, not so much. Windows are shut tightly and I watered my plant.

Oops! I didn't rinse the spoon off cleanly I used...oh, well. Let's see what happens...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just don't see a point really. First off, their terms of service state that they own anything you post, so your pictures become theirs. And anything I actually want to share (my shots that are actually good) I want to be mine. And also, I want to edit my good shots in Lightroom and Photoshop, not some amateur Instagram filters.

I get it that it's mainly used for just smartphone photos, but a lot of people use it thinking they're pros. I don't want to be associated with them hahahah

I follow some professional photographers. They're really good. Some people make some good money on Instagram as well. I'm not one of them. :p

I don't mind posting my pics. It's just some fun.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I found this on the Instagram site. It's not worse than signing up to Facebook or whatever social media site you wish to be a part of.

1. Instagram does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant to Instagram a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service, subject to the Service's Privacy Policy, available here http://instagram.com/legal/privacy/, including but not limited to sections 3 ("Sharing of Your Information"), 4 ("How We Store Your Information"), and 5 ("Your Choices About Your Information"). You can choose who can view your Content and activities, including your photos, as described in the Privacy Policy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you used all three: Instagram(Android), instagram beta and 6tag?

I haven't used 6tag because it was a paid app. I didn't want to pay for it. I might give it a swing now that you can get some functions for free. Just to see it. I have used the Beta and Android app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Have you used all three: Instagram(Android), instagram beta and 6tag?

My other issue using 6tag is that it doesn't count as a Windows Phone photo unless I hastag it. With the Beta at least it was recognised as Windows Phone. I'm happy that 6tag exists and I'm happy people like it. However, it's not progressing WP in any way.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Morning folks.

Traps deployed (humane ones). Peanut butter bait used. Peppermint oil infused scent irritant pads in place.

We'll see what happens on monday morning when I check them. At least the traps are translucent so I can see.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

"traps deployed(humane ones)"
At first I thought "traps deployed(human ones)". Meaning traps for the humans! 😜

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I found this on the Instagram site. It's not worse than signing up to Facebook or whatever social media site you wish to be a part of.

1. Instagram does not claim ownership of any Content that you post on or through the Service. Instead, you hereby grant to Instagram a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Content that you post on or through the Service, subject to the Service's Privacy Policy, available here http://instagram.com/legal/privacy/, including but not limited to sections 3 ("Sharing of Your Information"), 4 ("How We Store Your Information"), and 5 ("Your Choices About Your Information"). You can choose who can view your Content and activities, including your photos, as described in the Privacy Policy.

Interesting...they must've changed it. In the fall for one of my college classes we went through terms and conditions for various sites and had to write papers about it. I remember Instagram did claim ownership of content.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting...they must've changed it. In the fall for one of my college classes we went through terms and conditions for various sites and had to write papers about it. I remember Instagram did claim ownership of content.

If I remember correctly there was a big uproar about that which forced them to change it as lots of the professionals have watermarks on their photos.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are some new things happening at work I'm not a fan of.

Looks like I really must reevaluate things. Sigh.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If I remember correctly there was a big uproar about that which forced them to change it as lots of the professionals have watermarks on their photos.

Ah that makes sense then. I've got no problem with companies using what I put out there as all it's for is advertising, but I don't want them owning my stuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)