WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You don't lose any sleep....

When it's fall back I get an hour in the day the switch happen ... So when it's spring forward when the switch happens I lose an hour :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooooohh well that's good :) I assumed Europe had lte just like the us . I didn't know your carrier didn't offer it .

Huh that carrier sounds like tmobile .... Able to use the service overseas

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

The EU is a mix bag. So you shouldn't assume anything. We have everything from 1st world countries to 3rd world countries and everything in between.

I was using Virgin which piggy backs on EE but didn't have 4G. I'm now on 3 which has 4G and just bought O2.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here's something to wrap your head around...

The whole financial market is about trading debt and making money on it.

Mortgages = debt

Where things went wrong is that they starting delving into the territory of high risk debt and bundling it together with secure debt. No one really knew what they were trading and didn't care so long as they made money.

Then things went poof.

Here are my thoughts on this problem and N_LaRUE's excellent synopsis:
1. Banks got greedy
2. They started lending to anyone - including people without a pulse and without verifying anything...lots of people early on got into the action and made tons of money...but lots of other who shouldn't have qualified fora house got McMansions and then foreclosed on it once things started to go downhill.

But here are the downsides:
1. People like me who could afford to put 20% down and make regular payments without any problems, suddenly found really inflated home prices and with interest rates as they were we couldn't afford houses that in 2004 were easily within reach
2. Someohow we did manage to get a house in the heyday. But since we had put 20% down (which was a pretty big sum of money) there was less incentive to move after 2007 because then we would lose the down payment and owe the bank a crapload of loan money. Due to this reason, I did not take a job in CA in 2008 and also felt it was wrong to just walk away from a loan. Even in 2015 my gross salary is less than that offer in 2008 (I don't even want to count how much that would be especially with the stock that was offered along with the job as well).
3. After the whole thing blew up, I decided to just take the loss on the down payment and get rid of the property. I did not feel bad that the bank had to eat up a loss on their loan, guess why? It was their greed by lending to whoever and then converting bad mortgages to debt and selling it they had caused the mess to begin with and since I was taking a loss on my payment it was okay that they took that loss as well. On the flip side I paid every installment without any issues for 5+ years and my loan had only gone down 15K...so they had made quite a bit of money from me anyways...

Long story short, I am so scarred by that episode that I am really reluctant to buy a house now. And on top of that in CA the prices are ridiculous so...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here are my thoughts on this problem and N_LaRUE's excellent synopsis:
1. Banks got greedy
2. They started lending to anyone - including people without a pulse and without verifying anything...lots of people early on got into the action and made tons of money...but lots of other who shouldn't have qualified fora house got McMansions and then foreclosed on it once things started to go downhill.

But here are the downsides:
1. People like me who could afford to put 20% down and make regular payments without any problems, suddenly found really inflated home prices and with interest rates as they were we couldn't afford houses that in 2004 were easily within reach
2. Someohow we did manage to get a house in the heyday. But since we had put 20% down (which was a pretty big sum of money) there was less incentive to move after 2007 because then we would lose the down payment and owe the bank a crapload of loan money. Due to this reason, I did not take a job in CA in 2008 and also felt it was wrong to just walk away from a loan. Even in 2015 my gross salary is less than that offer in 2008 (I don't even want to count how much that would be especially with the stock that was offered along with the job as well).
3. After the whole thing blew up, I decided to just take the loss on the down payment and get rid of the property. I did not feel bad that the bank had to eat up a loss on their loan, guess why? It was their greed by lending to whoever and then converting bad mortgages to debt and selling it they had caused the mess to begin with and since I was taking a loss on my payment it was okay that they took that loss as well. On the flip side I paid every installment without any issues for 5+ years and my loan had only gone down 15K...so they had made quite a bit of money from me anyways...

Long story short, I am so scarred by that episode that I am really reluctant to buy a house now. And on top of that in CA the prices are ridiculous so...

It's why for me long term I won't buy a house in NY or NJ - the value doesn't match the costs to get and maintain it. I'd almost be better off buying the land and doing it myself, sometimes...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

o_O what I do

Go spend some money, help the economy, have a tri-tip sandwich...use your phone to post something original...your own take on things not just responses to posts others make on the thread....help other members on the other threads if possible...should I go on?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Go spend some money, help the economy, have a tri-tip sandwich...use your phone to post something original...your own take on things not just responses to posts others make on the thread....help other members on the other threads if possible...should I go on?

well I do do all of that stuff....I post stuff that are original ...well in my head they sound original :O and I do try ..to help other members if I can

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

well I do do all of that stuff....I post stuff that are original ...well in my head they sound original :O and I do try ..to help other members if I can

I need enough money to buy a house to merely being to entertain the thought of getting in that head of yours...

Maybe we need to throw your *** in Vietnam and see if you come away with Vietnamese looking kids who speak decent Spanish and ****ty English whenever they have to type on a smartphone...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I need enough money to buy a house to merely being to entertain the thought of getting in that head of yours...

Maybe we need to throw your *** in Vietnam and see if you come away with Vietnamese looking kids who speak decent Spanish and ****ty English whenever they have to type on a smartphone...

Rofl! That made my day 😊

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I remember when I I had one :sweaty:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb