Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Correct.

Using your example it would go something like this -

person one - "how has your life been?"
person two - "I've lived through the worse of the worst."
conversation continues...

As you see it gives it context where if you just say it there is none. The rest of the conversation would be person two indicating what the 'worst' has been.

As a statement it implies something but what is the 'worst' for one person is not necessarily the same for another. To me the 'worse of the worst' would indicate extremely bad but maybe that's my dark side.

You would have made a damn good teacher, you know!
;) :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You would have made a damn good teacher, you know!
;) :)

In spoken English a lot of short cuts get taken when we talk. We don't use proper grammar a lot. We shorten sentences, words and even create new meanings for words and even new words to convey things.

However, when it comes to writing, grammar plays a more important part. You can easily lose your meaning when writing something incorrectly.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

In spoken English a lot of short cuts get taken when we talk. We don't use proper grammar a lot. We shorten sentences, words and even create new meanings for words and even new words to convey things.

However, when it comes to writing, grammar plays a more important part. You can easily lose your meaning when writing something incorrectly.

I totally agree.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My wife is a mess with all the responsibility she has. She can't seem to sleep well at all and is wearing herself out. I try to help but I can't do much about her mental worries. I'll be happy when she's done all this nonsense.

Myself I'm just worn out in general. :p I need a year off, preferably with pay. :p

I like that year off with pay idea. I wish I could get that and just go to school still.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre