WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What you guys think about Microsoft's move of making Cortana available on IOS and Android?
I think it can work for the better of Microsoft and windows phone if they apply certain strategies. Whatever these strategies, they must think through.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

What you guys think about Microsoft's move of making Cortana available on IOS and Android?
I think it can work for the better of Microsoft and windows phone if they apply certain strategies. Whatever these strategies, they must think through.

It's a bs move that may lead me to moving away from WP. I knew this was coming, and probably I'm overreacting, but what will be left for WP? Live tiles and XBL support... With the later becoming scarce and even that could be made available on competing platforms.

My wife is wanting to try Android... I figured we would buy an S6 when they come out and we could each take turns using it to see how we like it. Might be the final chapter in my use of WP.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Strategy 1: Release Cortana app on Android and IOS. When they open the app, display a message: "Want Cortana? Switch to WP"

Strategy 2: Self destruct all phones that installs the app. This way, the number of Android and iphones will decrease, resulting in an increase in WP percentage.

I couldn't think of any other way, releasing Cortana on other OS will help WP!
:p ;)

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's a bs move that may lead me to moving away from WP. I knew this was coming, and probably I'm overreacting, but what will be left for WP? Live tiles and XBL support... With the later becoming scarce and even that could be made available on competing platforms.

My wife is wanting to try Android... I figured we would buy an S6 when they come out and we could each take turns using it to see how we like it. Might be the final chapter in my use of WP.

And they even launched XBL games on Android. So what's left for us? Live tiles?????!!!!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

S6 is a nice phone while TouchWiz is still a hot gooey mess!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I don't know about XBL but they're are a hundred possibilities about how Cortana is to be released and how many features to be released. It might even make people to switch to Windows phone.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I don't know about XBL but they're are a hundred possibilities about how Cortana is to be released and how many features to be released. It might even make people to switch to Windows phone.

Lets not judge from the sidelines.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Finally, found the reason why Microsoft is bringing all its apps to other platforms...

One of the reasons, many Android or IOS users dont switch to WP is the so called app gap, mainly the absence of Google apps.
Microsoft, by releasing its apps to IOS and Android is giving a chance to these users to try their apps and probably say:" This app is better than what I have". So these users may start using MS apps, and then they will have no reason not to switch to WP, where they can get all MS apps built in!

For example:

An Android or IOS user, if downloaded the Cortana app. He will use it and find out it is actually better than Google Now /Siri. He will say:" Wow, Cortana is better than Siri, maybe on WP it will be even better!" And so hopefully he switches to WP.

I think this is MS strategy.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo