WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Finally, found the reason why Microsoft is bringing all its apps to other platforms...

One of the reasons, many Android or IOS users dont switch to WP is the so called app gap, mainly the absence of Google apps.
Microsoft, by releasing its apps to IOS and Android is giving a chance to these users to try their apps and probably say:" This app is better than what I have". So these users may start using MS apps, and then they will have no reason not to switch to WP, where they can get all MS apps built in!

Yes and switch to Windows phone for full access to features.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Smh what is msft doing ... More than ever the name msftismia is applicable . Now msft has nothing going for wp minus live tiles and ... Uhhh what else ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I honestly doubt anyone will download cortana if they are on iOS or andriod such a waste of time

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Finally, found the reason why Microsoft is bringing all its apps to other platforms...

One of the reasons, many Android or IOS users dont switch to WP is the so called app gap, mainly the absence of Google apps.
Microsoft, by releasing its apps to IOS and Android is giving a chance to these users to try their apps and probably say:" This app is better than what I have". So these users may start using MS apps, and then they will have no reason not to switch to WP, where they can get all MS apps built in!

For example:

An Android or IOS user, if downloaded the Cortana app. He will use it and find out it is actually better than Google Now /Siri. He will say:" Wow, Cortana is better than Siri, maybe on WP it will be even better!" And so hopefully he switches to WP.

I think this is MS strategy.

If you think it's mainly Google apps are the issue then you haven't got a clue what the 'app gap' means.

Also if you think both Apple and Google are going to sit back and not update their assistants then you and everyone else are clueless. I have little doubt that theirs will get better over time. They've just been on the back burner because most people don't talk to their phones.

Let them bring out Cortana for the other two. It won't make any difference in the overall scheme of things. If Cortana is less functional than what it is on WP then people will just uninstall it and move on. No one really cares outside of WP users what's going on with MS and WP. The ego of WP users is quite impressive....

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

We won't know what will happen to wp in the next few months but I don't see it for the better :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We won't know what will happen to wp in the next few months but I don't see it for the better :/

WP will maintain it's crippled position. Do you expect otherwise? W10 is not going to miraculously fix WP. It's not going to make things better immediately. WP will need at minimum another year, depending. A lot depends on getting apps updated and getting apps it doesn't have. Until it achieves those two, it will stay where it is regardless how great the experience.

It won't matter how good the phones are either. It might satisfy the fans but it won't do anything for it's reputation until the apps come. Until then people will shrug it off. If they can get the apps at the release of W10, then things can be interesting but I'm not holding my breath.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

WP will maintain it's crippled position. Do you expect otherwise? W10 is not going to miraculously fix WP. It's not going to make things better immediately. WP will need at minimum another year, depending. A lot depends on getting apps updated and getting apps it doesn't have. Until it achieves those two, it will stay where it is regardless how great the experience.

It won't matter how good the phones are either. It might satisfy the fans but it won't do anything for it's reputation until the apps come. Until then people will shrug it off. If they can get the apps at the release of W10, then things can be interesting but I'm not holding my breath.

No I don't expect otherwise :/ sadly

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Times Square last night...not crawling with tourists as much as I'm used to, but still full of glitz...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 33701.jpg
    33701.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
  • 33700.jpg
    33700.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 9

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
All my reasons for picking WP are slowly disintegrating.... So when someone asks why I think they should switch to WP.... Office (they already have that), fluid OS (Android is getting smoother as hardware improves), camera (again, hardware I'd improving on Android... S6 has a 16mp camera), Cortana (they'll probably have that before we get a new flagship), XBL (a small few games already have that outside of WP).... The only thing left is app support, which is better on the other platforms.

Not to mention that they broke Xbox music and FB integration with messaging with WP 8.1. Well, the FB thing was a FB issue and not so much MS' fault.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Folks, Windows Phone is dead. Give it a rest already.

It is now Windows for Phones for a reason...MSFT is creating one seamless as experience for all its platforms. Kinda like what Apple is going for. The problem is that some of MSFT's brands are well received, others have a horrid rep. They may integrate their offerings eventually, bit they have to have an experience superior to Apple in the minds of many to undue some of the damage of the tarnished brands currently residing under the MSFT umbrella.

They'll still be in 3rd place in the mobile space. That won't change. They do not need to lure people existing Android and iOS users. They need to recruit new users and or the platform agnosts, like me. I would use Cortana over Google Now on Android. I would definitely use the old school AOSP with limited Google apps and MSFT offerings over Google's Stock Android. While people ***** and moan about the loss of uniqueness of WP with Nadella trying to offer WP exclusives on Android and iOS, they miss the bigger picture. MSFT is now officially a services company. They shouldn't mind getting someone who is tradionally Apple but likes Cortana, or Office, because they still count as a MSFT user since they're using a MSFT service.

These companies care only about the bottom line at the end of the day. You are just a statistic to Google, Apple or MSFT...a potential revenue source. Therefore, just use the best combo of services for you as an end user. Just give up the blind follow ship.

Tech is fun, but being a sheep isn't.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss