WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Folks, Windows Phone is dead. Give it a rest already.

It is now Windows for Phones for a reason...MSFT is creating one seamless as experience for all its platforms. Kinda like what Apple is going for. The problem is that some of MSFT's brands are well received, others have a horrid rep. They may integrate their offerings eventually, bit they have to have an experience superior to Apple in the minds of many to undue some of the damage of the tarnished brands currently residing under the MSFT umbrella.

They'll still be in 3rd place in the mobile space. That won't change. They do not need to lure people existing Android and iOS users. They need to recruit new users and or the platform agnosts, like me. I would use Cortana over Google Now on Android. I would definitely use the old school AOSP with limited Google apps and MSFT offerings over Google's Stock Android. While people ***** and moan about the loss of uniqueness of WP with Nadella trying to offer WP exclusives on Android and iOS, they miss the bigger picture. MSFT is now officially a services company. They shouldn't mind getting someone who is tradionally Apple but likes Cortana, or Office, because they still count as a MSFT user since they're using a MSFT service.

These companies care only about the bottom line at the end of the day. You are just a statistic to Google, Apple or MSFT...a potential revenue source. Therefore, just use the best combo of services for you as an end user. Just give up the blind follow ship.

Tech is fun, but being a sheep isn't.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Windows phone is dead!
But I just got here! 😞

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

It is now Windows for Phones for a reason...MSFT is creating one seamless as experience for all its platforms. Kinda like what Apple is going for. The problem is that some of MSFT's brands are well received, others have a horrid rep. They may integrate their offerings eventually, bit they have to have an experience superior to Apple in the minds of many to undue some of the damage of the tarnished brands currently residing under the MSFT umbrella.

They'll still be in 3rd place in the mobile space. That won't change. They do not need to lure people existing Android and iOS users. They need to recruit new users and or the platform agnosts, like me. I would use Cortana over Google Now on Android. I would definitely use the old school AOSP with limited Google apps and MSFT offerings over Google's Stock Android. While people ***** and moan about the loss of uniqueness of WP with Nadella trying to offer WP exclusives on Android and iOS, they miss the bigger picture. MSFT is now officially a services company. They shouldn't mind getting someone who is tradionally Apple but likes Cortana, or Office, because they still count as a MSFT user since they're using a MSFT service.

These companies care only about the bottom line at the end of the day. You are just a statistic to Google, Apple or MSFT...a potential revenue source. Therefore, just use the best combo of services for you as an end user. Just give up the blind follow ship.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

The app crashed so I wasn't able to read the full post.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3

i wouldn't want to get ios since its expensive and quite limited and for android I don't want to get anywhere near google. and no I don't want to root the phone just to get the things I want. that leaves me with the oppo but the invitation thing is dumb. msft is doing good moves but also some boneheaded moves >.> ill be sticking with wp until they cut the cord then ill see what option I have

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

i wouldn't want to get ios since its expensive and quite limited and for android I don't want to get anywhere near google. and no I don't want to root the phone just to get the things I want. that leaves me with the oppo but the invitation thing is dumb. msft is doing good moves but also some boneheaded moves >.> ill be sticking with wp until they cut the cord then ill see what option I have

I see you didn't really read my post.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

This ^^

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

you said wp is dead and I say yeah it is but im going to stick with wp until they cut the cord
I didn't get this that way. I think he meant WP on it's own is dead but not Windows for phones. They are trying to make an ecosystem with W10. It will probably play nicer if you have WIN PC, TAB and phone but it will work even if you don't, just not as good and probably with limited functionality.
MS is trying to push it services where ever they can to who ever that can. Services is where the money is made and there is no reason not to push services to as many people as possible. I think WP still has its purpose but it will never be as big as Android or even iOS.

This is my interpretation but it could be wrong though.

Sent from my Motorola Moto G 2014

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I didn't get this that way. I think he meant WP on it's own is dead but not Windows for phones. They are trying to make an ecosystem with W10. It will probably play nicer if you have WIN PC, TAB and phone but it will work even if you don't, just not as good and probably with limited functionality.
MS is trying to push it services where ever they can to who ever that can. Services is where the money is made and there is no reason not to push services to as many people as possible. I think WP still has its purpose but it will never be as big as Android or even iOS.

Ahhh that makes better sense.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Both my iPhone and Honor 6 have Microsoft apps primarily, as that's what I use and I love being able to use them in any platform.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

:eek: I would too but would other do. I texted a friend who I would consider unbiased and uses whatever works for her . She told me that's cool but wouldn't download cortana because she likes Google now. That's what I'm wondering will download cortana if it was made available ?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Both my iPhone and Honor 6 have Microsoft apps primarily, as that's what I use and I love being able to use them in any platform.

If only I could remove the apple apps and use msft apps I would do the same thing :p then again that's why I have a wp ;p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3
I would use Cortana if and only if it's good on the OS I'm currently using. I wouldn't get it just to have it. Then again I'm not really into the whole speaking to my phone and it telling me jokes thing....

I agree with everything you say. What the future holds is anyone's guess. We can say what we like but the truth is things change quickly so who knows what next year will bring?

Will be interesting to see. That's the way I view things anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You sir, was reading my post.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You can buy the OPO on every Tuesday without an invite.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

When they cut the cord ping me I'll send you a Sony Ericcsson Walkman w580i phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99