WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks.

I have been reading the HTC M9 reviews so far. Looks like HTC made another quality product that may sell decently but won't fully challenge the S6, Z4 or G4. I personally would love to see a polycarbonate version of the M9 for Windows. Problem is, there are too many brainwashed Lumia people, as always.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
WPC sucks monkey balls to read right now. Seriously.

It has nothing to do with the staff here, they're still fab - from Daniel & the editors to Laura K. and the mods & ambassadors and the vets who are helpful. All the people make I just mentioned it a cool community to be a part of.

My issue is that there is such a lull in the action as we wait for Windows 10 (yes, supposedly another 'saving version' of the OS...SMH). It sucks to read more of the same...MSFT rolling out mid to low end blue collar devices to build their base, app developers showing MSFT the middle finger, etc. There are positive articles, sure...but nothing overly exciting. We need some news, even some juicy rumor to get things a bit more exciting again.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

It has nothing to do with the staff here, they're still fab - from Daniel & the editors to Laura K. and the mods & ambassadors and the vets who are helpful. All the people make it a cool community to be a part of.

My issue is that there is such a lull in the action as we wait for Windows 10 (yes, supposedly another 'saving version' of the OS...SMH). It sucks to read more of the same...MSFT rolling out mid to low end blue collar devices to build their base, app developers showing MSFT the middle finger, etc. There are positive articles, sure...but nothing overly exciting. We need some news, even some juicy rumor to get things a bit more exciting again.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I saw the preview of that post and was getting ready to go through the roof at you. Probably not the best starting sentence, even though I do share your sentiment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It has nothing to do with the staff here, they're still fab - from Daniel & the editors to Laura K. and the mods & ambassadors and the vets who are helpful. All the people make I just mentioned it a cool community to be a part of.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I agree but I'm not holding my breath. Since MS is as they say in for the 'long run' then I don't see anything really exciting happening even when W10 gets here. TBH.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd love to see HTC drop a waterproof, polycarb M9 running the S810. They can do it, but why would they? I really think that there is still time to drop a solid high end phone before Windows 10. Which is why I don't count the M8 for Windows because of its limited availability.

More of the same. Since WM 2003 Section Edition. SMH.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw the preview of that post and was getting ready to go through the roof at you. Probably not the best starting sentence, even though I do share your sentiment.

Daniel, it's a contemporary tactic these days...you say something negative or controversial to grab people's attention by the balls because if you're meek or polite, people equate it to boring and don't read.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Daniel, it's a contemporary tactic the days...you say something negative or controversial to grab people's attention by the balls because if you're meek or polite, people equate it to bring and don't read.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Click Bait. :p

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3

I read the first sentence and I was like,"What the . . . " but then you explained it all and I had to agree with most of the points you mentioned.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree but I'm not holding my breath. Since MS is as they say in for the 'long run' then I don't see anything really exciting happening even when W10 gets here. TBH.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

I've seen too many great theoretically viable ideas but not optimally executed ideas from MSFT to expect Windows 10 to be any different.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've seen too many great theoretically viable ideas but not optimally executed ideas from MSFT to expect Windows 10 to be any different.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

If you read any of the W10 threads there seems to be a pro/con thing going. I'm just going to wait until it's ready to make up my mind. This whole TP thing is a good idea in practice but I think it's more of a pain if you ask me.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

What if Microsoft secretly tested some secret features for Windows 10? The testing would be carried out by some top secret society of beta or alpha testers similar to the people who made the HoloLens in secrecy, and then suddenly released the features on the official public release of Windows 10 and windows 10 for phones? These features will come at a premium price. And due to extensive testing and other technical stuff done on those features ,they will not only be functional but would be almost bug free.
Just using my imagination. 😖

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you read any of the W10 threads there seems to be a pro/con thing going. I'm just going to wait until it's ready to make up my mind. This whole TP thing is a good idea in practice but I think it's more of a pain if you ask me.

The issue I have with it is simple. WP7 onwards is a beta OS for Windows 10.

The problem was that the community was willing, and still is, to give feedback. It is how MSFT chooses to handle the feedback that is always the crux of the matter. It is a resource hog to read through the knuckleheads who blindly want to say "iOS/Android has this feature this way, and I want it on WP". Heck, I've tried to present some arguments here following what I've seen in the OS in a thoughtful manner, only to have veterans here pulling the MSFT arrogance type **** response.

It is tempeing the expectations and being clear of what the TP is for. I like the idea of MSFT saying to the community " here's a preview build. Use it, report bugs and let us fix those." Not people going: "this is buggy as ****, I cannot use it." For some folks, thanks to the TP or the old PDF, there older phones they like (HTC 8S, Lumia 810, most versions of the HTC 8X) are even more serviceable.

As always, I can see releasing the TP to everyone as a good theorical idea, but a cluster**** in execruon...which it has been so far.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I definitely fell for the click bait. Well played I guess, if it's what he was intending.

Hey, I threw some click bait out there on a Monday morning and we ended up with a seemingly intelligent stretch of conversation. You haven't been seen in these parts in eons too...

Not bad, eh?

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss