WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The issue I have with it is simple. WP7 onwards is a beta OS for Windows 10.

The problem was that the community was willing, and still is, to give feedback. It is how MSFT chooses to handle the feedback that is always the crux of the matter. It is a resource hog to read through the knuckleheads who blindly want to say "iOS/Android has this feature this way, and I want it on WP". Heck, I've tried to present some arguments here following what I've seen in the OS in a thoughtful manner, only to have veterans here pulling the MSFT arrogance type **** response.

It is tempeing the expectations and being clear of what the TP is for. I like the idea of MSFT saying to the community " here's a preview build. Use it, report bugs and let us fix those." Not people going: "this is buggy as ****, I cannot use it." For some folks, thanks to the TP or the old PDF, there older phones they like (HTC 8S, Lumia 810, most versions of the HTC 8X) are even more serviceable.

As always, I can see releasing the TP to everyone as a good theorical idea, but a cluster**** in execruon...which it has been so far.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Exactly. When Microsoft announced that it had received some 6 or 7 digit amount of feedback, I'm pretty sure that most or a certain percent of them were bogus.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

The issue I have with it is simple. WP7 onwards is a beta OS for Windows 10.

The problem was that the community was willing, and still is, to give feedback. It is how MSFT chooses to handle the feedback that is always the crux of the matter. It is a resource hog to read through the knuckleheads who blindly want to say "iOS/Android has this feature this way, and I want it on WP". Heck, I've tried to present some arguments here following what I've seen in the OS in a thoughtful manner, only to have veterans here pulling the MSFT arrogance type **** response.

It is tempeing the expectations and being clear of what the TP is for. I like the idea of MSFT saying to the community " here's a preview build. Use it, report bugs and let us fix those." Not people going: "this is buggy as ****, I cannot use it." For some folks, thanks to the TP or the old PDF, there older phones they like (HTC 8S, Lumia 810, most versions of the HTC 8X) are even more serviceable.

As always, I can see releasing the TP to everyone as a good theorical idea, but a cluster**** in execruon...which it has been so far.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

People don't get the meaning of the technical preview. If you don't know much about tech then don't signup for it.
I admit I don't know as much about tech as you guys do and that's why I didn't signup for it even if I had means to.
It's simple: If you can't give proper feedback then you're not good for it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I threw some click bait out there on a Monday morning and we ended up with a seemingly intelligent stretch of conversation. You haven't been seen in these parts in eons too...

Not bad, eh?

Penned on a Xperia Z3

If it leads to intelligent discussion I'm all for it. At the end of the day we're all adults. Besides, nothing wrong with a good old heated debate. Differing opinions mean we can look at things in a different light and share our thoughts and beliefs, and this usually leads to a middle ground being found. It is the reason why I prefer Hitbox to Twitch, Hitbox actually listen and take on customer suggestions. They're also very responsive whereas I found Twitch had s tendency to throw everything under the bus.

People don't get the meaning of the technical preview. If you don't know much about tech then don't signup for it.
I admit I don't know as much about tech as you guys do and that's why I didn't signup for it even if I had means to.

I've signed up for it. I'm liking what I see but am struggling to find feedback to give. I'll have another look into it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There are many people who just like the latest and greatest without understanding the consequences of their actions. The idea that something is a TP seems to not register. They don't seem to understand that each upgrade in the TP can and will cause issues. People don't get that.

I'd be happy to use the TP both on my laptop and phone but at this moment in time I don't have a spare laptop to use and my phone isn't on the list of phones that can download the TP. So I wait.

Probably my biggest concern regarding the TP is that people seem stuck on certain expectations. There's a thread complaining about the ******* icons. Really? How is that helpful in any way?

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

If it leads to intelligent discussion I'm all for it. At the end of the day we're all adults. Besides, nothing wrong with a good old heated debate. Differing opinions mean we can look at things in a different light and share our thoughts and beliefs, and this usually leads to a middle ground being found. It is the reason why I prefer Hitbox to Twitch, Hitbox actually listen and take on customer suggestions. They're also very responsive whereas I found Twitch had s tendency to throw everything under the bus.

I've signed up for it. I'm liking what I see but am struggling to find feedback to give. I'll have another look into it.

Yep.A good discussion is always welcome.
As for customer suggestions,I believe that a good customer service is just as important as the product itself.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I'd be happy to use the TP both on my laptop and phone but at this moment in time I don't have a spare laptop to use and my phone isn't on the list of phones that can download the TP. So I wait.

Didn't stop me. I chucked 10TP on my primary desktop as a dual boot. Risk of data loss is minimal. That said if it really does screw the pooch I've got a backup on an old hard drive which I can just clone back on the primary hard drive.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

There are many people who just like the latest and greatest without understanding the consequences of their actions. The idea that something is a TP seems to not register. They don't seem to understand that each upgrade in the TP can and will cause issues. People don't get that.

Probably my biggest concern regarding the TP is that people seem stuck on certain expectations. There's a thread complaining about the ******* icons. Really? How is that helpful in any way?

The situation with technical preview is starting to become the same as with bogus store app reviews. I hope it doesn't get too aggravated.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Didn't stop me. I chucked 10TP on my primary desktop as a dual boot. Risk of data loss is minimal. That said if it really does screw the pooch I've got a backup on an old hard drive which I can just clone back on the primary hard drive.

I know lots of people are not having issues but I'd rather not take the risk with something that may or may not cause me issues. I have enough problems currently with my laptop that the last thing I want to do is possibly cause more issues. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The situation with technical preview is starting to become the same as with bogus store app reviews. I hope it doesn't get too aggravated.

Stay away from the W10 forum then. Lots of people complaining about nonsense...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Prepare well, Finish well!
I like it!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I know lots of people are not having issues but I'd rather not take the risk with something that may or may not cause me issues. I have enough problems currently with my laptop that the last thing I want to do is possibly cause more issues. :p

On the contrary, it seemed to fix the issues on my cousin's old laptop. Surprising LOL. Only thing I've noticed so far is the avermedia LGP stream engine doesn't work on 10, but that's not Microsoft's fault. I've got feedback for the touch aspects to go through though now that I think about it. Just gotta work out how best to phrase the feedback.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On the contrary, it seemed to fix the issues on my cousin's old laptop. Surprising LOL. Only thing I've noticed so far is the avermedia LGP stream engine doesn't work on 10, but that's not Microsoft's fault. I've got feedback for the touch aspects to go through though now that I think about it. Just gotta work out how best to phrase the feedback.

I think my issues are hardware related on the laptop. I don't think any software is going to help it. I need to send it in for repairs. Well it was the last repair I think that caused the issue in the first place.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with that HP laptop...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I think my issues are hardware related on the laptop. I don't think any software is going to help it. I need to send it in for repairs. Well it was the last repair I think that caused the issue in the first place.

I hate it when you send something to get it repaired and it comes back even worse.
This happened to my motorcycle once.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have stuff I could use for the TP, but I won't for one simple reason:

I'm apathetic at this point.

I could write a long post talking about how long I've been usekng mobile phones and following windows and wanting MSFT to do well...but I have done that already. I'll just stick with the fact that I own a 930 that I don't use as much as before which I would happily throw TP on it, but that's not eligible for it at this point. So that's that. I'll wait. I'd love to throw it on the 8S I have lying around but I'm more likely to see wedding pictures from Sahib within the next 3 months before that happening.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

i have stuff i could use for the tp, but i won't for one simple reason:

I'm apathetic at this point.

I could write a long post talking about how long i've been usekng mobile phones and following windows and wanting msft to do well...but i have done that already. I'll just stick with the fact that i own a 930 that i don't use as much as before which i would happily throw tp on it, but that's not eligible for it at this point. So that's that. I'll wait. I'd love to throw it on the 8s i have lying around but i'm more likely to see wedding pictures from sahib within the next 3 months before that happening.

Penned on a xperia z3

lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, I stopped using stuff from HP, Dell and some of the bigger names guys these days. I trust Asus and Acer more these days.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering if intelligent discussion comes at the price of apathy or negativity. Must watch closer to see if my hypothesis is proven.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion