WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's not a worse thing, that's the same thing.

I think you're a bit confused. Allow me to clarify.

you - I had get a haircut this afternoon and the barber shop was closed.
me - Worse things can happen.

All I meant is that if that's the worse thing that has happened today then you've had a good day. That's all.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I think you're a bit confused. Allow me to clarify.

you - I had get a haircut this afternoon and the barber shop was closed.
me - Worse things can happen.

All I meant is that if that's the worse thing that has happened today then you've had a good day. That's all.

What you meant earlier was: Worse things can happen than the barber shop being closed.
What you're trying to say now is: The barber shop being closed is the worse thing that has happened to you today.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What you meant earlier was: Worse things can happen than the barber shop being closed.
What you're trying to say now is: The barber shop being closed is the worse thing that has happened to you today.

What I'm trying to tell you is that in the English language sometimes we say things that are not exactly the 'normal' grammatical way. I simply shortened the sentence. An English speaker would have understood that.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

What I'm trying to tell you is that in the English language sometimes we say things that are not exactly the 'normal' grammatical way. I simply shortened the sentence. An English speaker would have understood that.

I think you shortened the sentence too much. An English speaker would have as easily misunderstood as I did.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I see we're in English language class today. Seriously though, English is a ****ty language.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I see we're in English language class today. Seriously though, English is a ****ty language.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Yes I agree totally. It wasn't until my wife took a course to teach English that I started to realise how horrible English really is. It has a lot aspects of it that make it really difficult for someone to pick up.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes I agree totally. It wasn't until my wife took a course to teach English that I started to realise how horrible English really is. It has a lot aspects of it that make it really difficult for someone to pick up.

Lead rhymes with read
Lead also rhymes with read.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The first rule of English is that there's an exception to every rule. That alone should tell you how ****ty the language is...

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

English can be beautiful at times.
What I dislike the most is that some people after learning English only use cuss words such as those starting with "f" and the like.
Using those words sometimes is okay, to blow off steam.
Being able to talk in a decent way is a skill one should at least try to master.
Some people use those bad words unconsciously when they know they shouldn't say those in front of an honourable person or persons. And due to this, people like these fail in interviews or when giving speeches.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

English can be beautiful at times.
What I dislike the most is that some people after learning English only use cuss words such as those starting with "f" and the like.
Using those words sometimes is okay, to blow off steam.
Being able to talk in a decent way is a skill one should at least try to master.
Some people use those bad words unconsciously when they know they shouldn't say those in front of an honourable person or persons. And due to this, people like these fail in interviews or when giving speeches.

In language, 99% of the time the first thing you learn to say is curse words, after hello, thank you and good-bye.

I know English, like all langues, has it's beauty and quirks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle