WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So...a few thoughts on the Z3.

I still like it. I don't get the "two days". Here's what I get one average - 36 hours with 5 hours on screen time -between charges. What I do get is " two nights, which is fine by me. For instance I took the phone off the charger at 7am yesterday and put it on the charger tonight at 9pm. For !e that's good enough. If I really don't push it, I can get "two and a half days". I've gotten 60 hours with 3 hours of on screen time on a single charge before. I'm not kind to my battery as I literally let it run to under 5% before plugging it in. Otherwise, per charge, it is satisfactory for me, as I have this paired with a G watch and when it was simultaneously paired with my smartband too, I'd still get over 30 hours per charge.

Camera is good. I've got to throw away superior auto mode as it can be really hit or miss sometimes, but when it is good, it is very,very good. Once I learn the camera better, I'll use manual mode. Still like the 930's camera better but I'm not usually ashamed of the Z3. I kinda miss the OPO camera for the consistency on the auto mode to literally point and click, but the Z3 does the job.

Music is good. Walkman works great with my G Watch. The sound options are better on the OPO, but if you don't mess with your file formats much, this thing is great to listen music to.

Grabs a signal pretty well, so I don't worry about service. LTE on T-Mobile in my area has always been horse**** as it is a dead spot, but like the OPO and Z Ultra before it, the data speeds are still good.

Love the waterproofing. Cannot stress that enough, as I actually use that feature. On the flip side, this **** is cold as hell to the touch in lower temperatures because of the glass.

Would I recommend this? Yes. What would I buy over this right now? Maybe the Moto Maxx because of the higher battery and wireless charging would make me trade off the microSD slot and waterproofing. Outside of that, nothing else grabs my attention.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...my thoughts on the 930.

I like it. A little portly, but love the finish. Screen is nice...I've outgrown AMOLED/Clear black OLEDs, but this is still cool. Love the Qi installed.

Camera is great. It was so so running cyan, but Denim is back to reminding me of those awesome shots on the earlier 920 pre cyan software.

Battery is too small. Wished it was a 2600mah. Wish the processor was more power efficient. S800 is decent, but I wished there was a 801 inside instead.

Wished there was a unicorn version. H+ is good, LTE speeds are better.

Music is decent...not to my tastes, but decent enough. Still like the OS, but that's lost some of its personality for the sake of adding missing functionality. SMH.

All in all, a good phone. I don't use it as a daily driver, but if I was more into Window for phones as I was before, this is still a sharp choice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it got seriously quiet here. Maybe a good time to get some sleep for me...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I don't know why you guys pick on Sahib all the time, even if its for fun. Seriously I don't. Maybe because I haven't spent enough time on this thread to know that.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about summer, but Easter will be here shortly so that you can go "hopping" around then:)
ill give you that ..... I do get the chocolate that is on sale :p.... I do remember when I worked in CVS I would be able to take the left over bags after the sale. hehehe good times :3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't know why you guys pick on Sahib all the time, even if its for fun. Seriously I don't. Maybe because I haven't spent enough time on this thread to know that.
well its easy to pick on me ;) or says the regulars. for me I don't really mind since I don't take it to heart :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

ill give you that ..... I do get the chocolate that is on sale .... I do remember when I worked in CVS I would be able to take the left over bags after the sale. hehehe good times :3
Sahib in a candy aisle....who would have thought.... Nice though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice reviews MIA. I have to admit to liking the Sony camera just fine., even in auto mode. I do post process a lot of my pics for Instagram though.

You at least confirmed my thoughts on the L930. I'm glad I didn't bother with it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss